About the Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G
Pair this high-performance prime lens with your Nikon SLR for superb photographic results. Its 50mm focal length and compact size makes it an excellent choice for travel photography, indoor events, and all-around picture taking. A large maximum f/1.4 aperture lets in plenty of light, allowing faster shutter speeds to "freeze" moving subjects. That large aperture also makes this low-light champ perfect for shooting accurately exposed photos indoors — without spoiling the mood with a flash.
- AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G prime lens
- compatible with Nikon digital and autofocus film SLR cameras
- effective focal length:
- 50mm with full-frame digital or 35mm film cameras
- 75mm with APS-C sensor cameras
- ideal for portraiture and everyday use
- built-in Silent Wave Motor for fast, accurate, and quiet autofocus
- minimum focus distance: 18 in.
- minimum aperture: f/16
- lens construction: 8 elements in 7 groups
- Nikon Super Integrated Coating for superior color saturation and reduced lens flare
- attachment/filter size: 58mm
- lens is 2-15/16" in diameter, 2-1/8" long
- weight: 9.9 oz.
- warranty: 5 years with Nikon registration
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- lens hood
- front and rear lens caps
- MFR # 2180
What's in the box:
- AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4G lens
- LC-58 Front lens cap (installed)
- LF-1 Rear lens cap (installed)
- HB-47 Lens hood
- Flexible lens pouch
- Instruction Manual (Eng/Fren/Span/ + 9 other languages)
- Warranty form
- Product Registration sheet
- Nikon Extended Warranty offer
Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G
Overview: The AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G lens is ideal for travel, event, environmental, and general photography. It is an ideal portrait lens on DX-format cameras, with approximately the same angle of view similar to that of a 75mm lens on a Nikon FX-format digital SLR or a 35mm film camera. The fast f/1.4 maximum aperture is perfect for low-light conditions, general, and travel photography.
Silent Wave Motor (SWM): The exclusive Nikon Silent Wave Motor (SWM) enables fast, accurate, and quiet auto focus.
Super Integrated Coating: Nikon's Super Integrated Coating (SIC) enhances light transmission efficiency and offers superior color consistency and reduces flare.
Diaphragm: The lens is equipped with a rounded 9-blade diaphragm, which renders a more natural appearance of out-of-focus image elements.
Focus Mode Switch: The Focus Mode switch on the barrel of the lens lets you easily switch between manual focus and auto focus. If you want to enable auto focusing, the camera must be set to Auto Focus, and the switch on the lens needs to be set to "M/A". With most Nikon D-SLRs, the lens gives you a manual override option, allowing you to rotate the separate focus ring while pressing the shutter release halfway.
Lens Hood: The lens comes with the HB-47 bayonet-type lens hood. The hood adds approximately 1" to the overall length of the lens. You can invert the hood and snap it onto the lens for storage, if desired.
- Lens Type: Nikon G-type AF-S Nikkor lens with built-in CPU
- Mount Type: Nikon F-type bayonet mount
- Focal Length: 50mm
- Aperture Range: f/1.4 to f/16
- Picture Angle:
- FX format D-SLR and 35mm film cameras: 46°
- DX-format D-SLR: 31°30'
- IX240 system cameras: 38°
- Distance Scale: Graduated in meters and feet from 0.45m (1.75 ft) to infinity
- Filter Diameter: 58mm
- Lens Construction: 8 elements in 7 groups
- Physical Dimensions:
- Diameter: 2.877"
- Length: 2.508"
- With Lens Caps: 3.053"
- Weight: approximately 9.9 ounces
Warranty Terms: Nikon offers a 1-year parts and labor warranty on this lens. An additional 4-year Extended Service Coverage is available at no charge if you register the product with Nikon within 10 days of purchase.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
1 question already asked