About the Nikon AF-S Micro Nikkor 60mm f/2.8G ED
Get superb closeup photos when you add this lens to your Nikon SLR camera. Its close focusing capability lets you turn small, everyday objects into frame-filling images. Capture the intricate details of local plant life or the ripples of waves in a lake. A large maximum aperture lets you create stunning pictures with crisply focused subjects and artistically blurred backgrounds.
Nikon's world-renowned optics help this lens deliver razor-sharp images. A multi-coating minimizes flare and ghosting. Your photos will be clear and detailed across the entire field of view — from one edge to the other — thanks to one ED (Extra-Low Dispersion) glass element and two aspherical lens elements. And Nikon's built-in Silent Wave Motor makes autofocus very fast and nearly silent.
- AF-S Micro Nikkor 60mm f/2.8G ED macro lens
- designed for use with Nikon FX and DX digital SLR cameras
- 90mm effective focal length for APS-C sensor cameras
- built-in Silent Wave Motor for fast, accurate, and quiet autofocus
- ideal for closeup and macro photography
- minimum focus distance: 8 inches
- minimum aperture: f/32
- lens construction: 12 elements in 9 groups
- contains one ED (extra-low dispersion) lens element for high resolution and contrast
- two aspherical lens elements provide clear, accurate focus from one edge of the image to the other
- multi-coating reduces flare and ghosting
- attachment/filter size: 62mm
- lens is in 2-15/16" in diameter, 3-1/2" long
- weight: 15 oz.
- warranty: 5 years with Nikon registration
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- lens hood, front and rear lens cap, and flexible lens pouch
- MFR # 2177
What's in the box:
- 60mm AF-S Micro Nikkor lens
- HB-42 Lens hood
- LC-62 Front lens cap (installed)
- LF-1 Rear lens cap (installed)
- CL-1018 Flexible lens pouch
- Instruction Manual (English/ French/ Spanish/ + 9 other languages)
- Warranty form
- Product Registration sheet
- Nikon Extended Warranty offer
Nikon AF-S Micro Nikkor 60mm f/2.8G ED reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Nikon AF-S Micro Nikkor 60mm f/2.8G ED
Overview: This lens has a fixed focal length of 60mm; equivalent to 90mm when used on a camera with an APS-C image sensor (typical in digital SLR cameras). The compact Micro-NIKKOR lens is used for close-up, copy work and general photography.
Construction: The Extra-low Dispersion (ED) element and two aspherical elements control chromatic aberrations while enhancing sharpness and contrast even at the widest aperture settings. The exclusive Nano Crystal Coating further reduces ghosting and flare for even greater image clarity.
Built-in CPU: The lens has a built-in CPU which allows it to communicate with the camera body for focus and exposure functions. A set of CPU contacts is located on the lens mount for interfacing with the camera body.
Auto Focus: Internal Focus (IF) provides fast and quiet autofocusing without changing the length of the lens, retaining subject-working distance through the focus range. Nikon's Silent Wave Motor (SWM) enables ultra-high-speed autofocusing with exceptional accuracy and super-quiet operation. The manual/auto focus mode switch allows quick response to situations requiring manual focus operation.
Aperture: Because there is no aperture ring on this lens, the aperture must be set on the camera.
Diaphragm: The lens is equipped with a fully-automatic, 9-blade diaphragm that produces a nearly circular aperture. Out-of-focus images in front of or behind the subject are rendered as pleasing blurs.
Optional Accessories: Compatible optional accessories include 62mm screw-on filters; including circular polarizing filter.
Note: Teleconverter rings are not compatible with this lens.
- Type of Lens: G-type AF-S Micro Nikkor lens with a built-in CPU
- Type of Mount: Nikon bayonet type
- Filter Diameter: 62mm
- Focal Length: 60mm (the 35mm equivalent is approximately 90mm when using a camera body with an APS-C image sensor)
- Closest Focus Distance: 7.25"
- Maximum Aperture: f/2.8
- Minimum Aperture: f/32
- Lens Construction: 12 elements in 9 groups with 2 aspherical and 1 ED glass elements (some elements Nano Crystal Coated)
- Physical Dimensions:
- Without Lens Hood:
- Length: 4.463"
- Diameter: 2.882"
- With Lens Hood:
- Length: 5.563"
- Diameter: 3.385"
- Without Lens Hood:
- Weight: approximately 15 ounces
Warranty Terms: Nikon offers a 1-year parts and labor warranty on this lens. An additional 4-year Extended Service Coverage is available at no charge if you register the product with Nikon within 10 days of purchase.