About the Nikon Monarch 3 8 x 42 Binoculars
You scan the horizon across to the neighboring ridge. Is that an imposing set of antlers you see moving from the wood's edge to a clearing?
When you need to discern the things you can't see from a distance, Nikon's sturdy Monarch 3 8 x 42 binoculars are ready for the challenge. With a generous field of view, they're good for following action, and the nitrogen-filled body keeps things from fogging up when there's a change in the weather.
The Monarch 3 8 x 42's body is covered with a rubber armor coating that's easy to grip, whether you're hunkering down in the rain or hiking a mountain ridge on a breezy, sunny day. These binoculars are ready for action, no matter where you find it.
All elements feature multilayer coatings for enhanced brightness and crisp resolution. And the multi-setting click-stop eyecups are a nice touch for wearers of sunglasses and eyeglasses.
- 8X binoculars with durable rubberized coating and flip-down objective lens covers
- smooth, fast-reaction focus knob is centrally located
- multi-setting click-stop eyecups are ideal for glasses wearers
- high-reflective silver-alloy multilayer prism coating delivers high-contrast, color-accurate images
- durable, rugged rubber coating gives a solid grip whether wet or dry
Specifications and Dimensions:
- magnification: 8X
- objective diameter: 42mm
- angular field-of-view: 6.3 degrees (real), 47.5 degrees (apparent)
- field of view at 1000 yards: 330 feet
- close focus distance: 9.8 feet
- exit pupil: 5.3mm
- eye relief: 24.1mm
- length: 6-1/8"
- width: 5-1/8"
- weight: 24.9 ounces
- warranty: 25-year limited "no-fault" warranty
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- travel case
- adjustable strap
- lens covers
- MFR # 7540
What's in the box:
- Monarch 3 8x42 binoculars
- Eyepiece cap (installed)
- 2 Objective lens caps (installed)
- Neck strap
- Black soft case
- Instruction Manual
- (En / Es / Fr / Pt)
- Binocular General Instruction Manual (En / Es / Fr / Pt)
- Warranty Form
- Registration card
Nikon Monarch 3 8 x 42 Binoculars reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Nikon Monarch 3 8 x 42 Binoculars
Overview: The Nikon Monarch 3 8x42 binocular is a waterproof binocular that can be used in extreme conditions, and is especially designed for hunting and other outdoor activities. The Monarch 3 features a durable rubber-armored coating for a sure grip, and comes with a neck strap, eyepiece and flip-down objective lens caps, and a soft, padded carrying case.
Waterproof: The Monarch 3 is nitrogen-filled and O-ring sealed to prevent fogging, and to protect the internal optics from condensation and mold. The binoculars should suffer no damage to the optical system if submerged or dropped in water to a maximum depth of 1 meter for up to 10 minutes. The Monarch 3 can be used in areas of high humidity or rain without worry.
Multi-coated Optics: The lenses on the Monarch 3 feature multiple layers of anti-reflective compounds for excellent brightness and resolution. The eyepieces have aspherical lenses to give you a flat field of view without aberration. Nikon's Eco-Glass lenses are lead- and arsenic-free. The Monarch 3s deliver high-contrast images with accurate color reproduction, due to the phase-correction, high reflective silver-alloy prism multi-coatings.
Focus Knob: The Monarch 3 has a smooth, central focus knob for bringing your subject into focus.
Diopter Ring: The right eyepiece has a diopter ring for adjusting the binoculars to your eyesight. A diopter index indicates the "0" position, as well as "+" and "-" positions.
Eyecups: The turn-and-slide rubber eyecups make it easy to position your eyes at the correct eye-point for the greatest comfort during extended use. The Monarch 3s offer a long, 24.1mm eye relief, allowing you to get a full field-of-view through the binoculars, even while wearing eyeglasses.
Rubber Coating: The body of the Monarch 3 has a durable rubber-armored coating to give you a non-slip grip, and to protect the binoculars in virtually any weather.
- Model: Monarch 3 8x42
- Prism Type: Roof prism
- Magnification: 8x
- Objective Diameter: 42mm
- Close Focusing Distance: 9.8' (3 meters)
- Angular Field of View: 6.3° Real, 47.5° Apparent
- Field of View at 1000 yds: 330 feet (110 meters)
- Exit Pupil: 5.3mm
- Relative Brightness: 28.1
- Eye Relief: 24.1mm
- Interpupillary Distance Adjustment: 56-72mm
- Weight: 24.9 ounces