About the Nikon Monarch 5 8x42 Binoculars
Following a fast-moving sport like auto racing presents a problem. Because the cars go so fast, the tracks need to be big. And because the tracks are so big, those cars get f-a-ar away when they're roaring down the opposite straightaway. But some binoculars don't present a wide enough field of view to easily follow the action — one elbow jostle and you've lost your driver. Not so with the Nikon Monarch 5 8x42 binoculars. These fine optical instruments present a 330-foot field of view at 1,000 yards, making it easier to move with the action during outdoor sporting events, birding tours, or hunting excursions.
Premium optical elements, like extra-low dispersion glass, help keep images bright and colors true. Rubber armor coating allows for a secure grip and adds a measure of shock-resistance to the substantial polycarbonate/fiberglass body.
- 8x binoculars with durable rubberized coating and extra-low dispersion optical elements
- focus knob is centrally located
- lightweight slim design
- multi-setting click-stop eyecups allow proper eyepoint positioning for glasses wearers
- dielectric, high-reflective multilayer prism coating delivers high-contrast, color-accurate images
- durable, rugged rubber coating gives a solid grip whether wet or dry
Specifications and Dimensions:
- magnification: 8x
- objective diameter: 42mm
- angular field-of-view: 6.3 degrees (real), 47.5 degrees (apparent)
- field of view at 1000 yards: 330 feet
- close focus distance: 8.2 feet
- exit pupil: 5.3mm
- eye relief: 19.5mm
- length: 5-3/4"
- width: 5-1/8"
- weight: 20.8 ounces
- warranty: lifetime limited warranty
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- travel case
- adjustable strap
- lens covers
- MFR # 7576
What's in the box:
- Monarch 5 8x42 binoculars
- Eyepiece cap (installed)
- 2 Objective lens caps (installed)
- Neck strap
- Black soft case
- Instruction Manual
- (En / Es / Fr / Pt)
- Binocular General Instruction Manual (En / Es / Fr / Pt)
- Warranty Form
- Address Change for Warranty Form
- Registration card
Nikon Monarch 5 8x42 Binoculars reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Nikon Monarch 5 8x42 Binoculars
Overview: The Nikon Monarch 5 8x42 is a rugged, waterproof binocular that can be used in extreme conditions, and is especially designed for hunting and other outdoor activities. The Monarch 5 ATB (All-Terrain Binocular) features a durable rubber-armored coating for a sure grip, and comes with a neck strap, eyepiece and flip-down objective lens caps, and a soft, padded carrying case.
Waterproof: The Monarch 5 is nitrogen-filled and O-ring sealed to prevent fogging, and to protect the internal optics from condensation and mold. The binoculars should suffer no damage to the optical system if submerged or dropped in water to a maximum depth of 1 meter for up to 10 minutes. The Monarch 5 can be used in areas of high humidity or rain without worry.
Multi-coated Optics: The Monarch 5 binoculars are equipped with precision-aligned, Extra-low Dispersion (ED) glass. The lenses feature multiple layers of anti-reflective compounds for excellent brightness and resolution. The eyepieces have aspherical lenses to give you a flat field of view without aberration. Nikon's Eco-Glass lenses are lead- and arsenic-free. The Monarch 5s deliver high-contrast images with accurate color reproduction, due to the dielectric, high reflective multi-layer prism coatings. This technique provides almost the same brightness as that perceived by the naked eye.
Focus Knob: The Monarch 5 has a smooth, central focus knob for bringing your subject into focus.
Diopter Ring: The right eyepiece has a diopter ring for adjusting the binoculars to your eyesight. A diopter index indicates the "0" position, as well as "+" and "-" positions.
Eyecups: The turn-and-slide rubber eyecups make it easy to position your eyes at the correct eye-point for the greatest comfort during extended use. The Monarch 5s offer a long, 19.5mm eye relief, allowing you to get a full field-of-view through the binoculars, even while wearing eyeglasses.
Rubber Coating: The body of the Monarch 5 has a durable rubber-armored coating to give you a non-slip grip, and to protect the binoculars in virtually any weather.
- Model: Monarch 5 8x42
- Prism Type: Roof prism
- Magnification: 8x
- Objective Diameter: 42mm
- Close Focusing Distance: 8.2' (2.5 meters)
- Angular Field of View: 6.3° Real, 47.5° Apparent
- Field of View at 1000 yds: 330 feet (110 meters)
- Exit Pupil: 5.3mm
- Relative Brightness: 28.1
- Eye Relief: 19.5mm
- Interpupillary Distance Adjustment: 56-72mm
- Weight: 20.8 ounces
The Nikon Monarch 5 8x42 Binoculars replaces these items
- 25X binoculars with pebbled non-slip finish and multi-coated optical elements
- large, light-gathering 100mm objective lenses are ideal for astronomical use
- built-in tripod adapter allows tripod mounting for extended viewing sessions