About the Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR II
This Nikon AF-S series lens offers a broad focal range for versatile wide-angle and telephoto shooting with Nikon "DX" format digital SLR cameras. On the wide end, you can take panoramic photos of the countryside or fit a large group of people into a single frame. On the telephoto end, you can zoom in to highlight a single distant subject. You can even focus on objects as close as 20" away.
Great performance from Nikon
High-quality Nikon optics ensure accurate, razor-sharp results. A multi-coating on the lens minimizes flare and ghosting. Your photos will be clear and detailed across the entire field of view — from one edge to the other — thanks to ED (Extra-Low Dispersion) glass elements.
Built-in mechanism minimizes blurry photos
The lens has vibration reduction so your photos will come out crisp in all different sorts of lighting conditions. Built-in motion sensors steer a special set of optical elements inside the lens, neatly compensating for camera movement and stabilizing the image. You get much sharper pictures — even in low-light conditions where slower shutter speeds and hand motion can easily cause blurred images with a regular lens.
- AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR II wide-angle to telephoto zoom lens
- Vibration Reduction II allows in-focus shots with longer exposure times (up to four stops slower shutter speed)
- 35mm equivalent focal length of 27-300mm
- contains two ED (extra-low dispersion) and three aspherical lens elements for high resolution and contrast
- Silent Wave Motor for fast, quiet focusing
- compatible with Nikon DX format digital SLR cameras
- minimum focus distance: 20 inches
- minimum aperture: f/22 (wide), f/36 (tele)
- filter size: 72mm
- lens is 3-7/8" long, 3" in diameter
- weight: 19.7 ounces
- warranty: 5 years with Nikon registration
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- lens hood
- front and rear lens caps
- soft lens pouch
- MFR # 2192
What's in the box:
- AF-S DX 18-200mm VR II Zoom-Nikkor lens
- HB-35 Bayonet hood
- LC-72 72mm Snap-on front lens cap (installed)
- LF-1 Rear lens cap (installed)
- Soft lens pouch
- User's Manual
- Warranty information
- Extended Warranty information
- Online product registration sheet
Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR II Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR II
Overview: This item is a 18-200mm, f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED (Extra-low Dispersion glass), AF-S DX VR II Zoom-Nikkor lens, compatible with the Nikon DX formatted Digital SLR cameras. The lens includes a 72mm snap-on front lens cap (LC-72), a rear lens cap (LF-1), and a bayonet hood (HB-35). Auto Focus-Silent Wave (AF-S) is a type of focusing motor used in a number of AF-Nikkor lenses; the AF-S motor is very fast and quiet. AF-S lenses also have an M/A mode selector which allows the user to switch from automatic to manual focus with almost no lag time.
11x Optical Zoom: 11x optical zoom coverage offers a perfect compact and lightweight "one lens" solution.
Focus Range: The lens has a broad 18-200mm focal range for use in a variety of situations (equivalent to a 27-300 lens in 35mm format).
Vibration Reduction: The VR II system offers a reduction of vibration while the shutter is button is slightly pressed and at the instant the shutter is released. This is the equivalent of using a shutter speed 4 stops faster.
Silent Wave Motor (SWM): New compact rod-type motor enables ultra-high speed autofocusing with exceptional accuracy and super-quiet operation.
AF G-type lens: Lenses that use D-Type technology provide the camera with precise distance information for flash and ambient light exposure processes.
ED Glass Elements: Two Extra-low Dispersion (ED) glass and three aspherical lens elements minimize chromatic aberration, astigmatism and other forms of distortion, while ensuring high resolution and contrast.
Coating: Lenses are coated with Nikon Super Integrated Coating which minimizes ghosting affects and flare, so that you can get even higher contrast and vivid images, even in challenging light operation.
Zoom Control: The lens features a large, textured manual zoom ring for ultimate zooming control.
Auto Focus with Manual Override (M/A): In the autofocus mode you can instantly switch to manual focus using the focus ring, for easy adjustment.
Note: Because there is no aperture ring on this lens, the aperture must be set on the camera.
Diaphragm: The lens is equipped with a fully-automatic, 7-bladed diaphragm that produces a nearly circular aperture. Out-of-focus images in front of or behind the subject are rendered as pleasing blurs.
Bayonet Hood: The supplied HB-35 bayonet hood extends approximately 1-5/8" beyond the front of the lens, and shades the aperture opening from direct sunlight that causes flaring. When not in use, the hood can be stored on the lens by mounting it in reverse position.
Optional Accessories (available from Nikon): Compatible optional accessories include 72mm screw-in filters.
- Type of Lens: G-type AF-S DX VR II Zoom-Nikkor lens
- Type of Mount: Nikon bayonet type
- Filter Diameter: 72mm
- Focal Length: 18mm to 200mm
- Maximum Aperture: f/3.5-5.6
- Minimum Aperture: f/22-36
- Minimum Focus Distance: 1.6'
- Lens Construction: 16 elements in 12 groups (3 aspherical lenses and 2 ED glass lens elements)
- Picture Angle: 76°-8°
- Focal Length Scale: 18, 24, 35, 50, 70, 135, and 200mm
- Physical Dimensions:
- Without Lens Hood or Lens
- Length: 4.125" to 6.6875"
- Diameter: 3.0625
- With Lens Hood and Lens
- Length: 5.75" to 8.3125"
- Diameter: 3.9375"
- Without Lens Hood or Lens Caps:
- Weight: approximately 19.9 ounces
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
1 question already asked