About the Nikon GP-1A
The Nikon GP-1A GPS module gives location information and geo-tagging capabilities to compatible Nikon DSLRs, particularly the Nikon D600. Find pictures in an instant by where they were taken, or use the location information to better manage your photo and video library. Unit tracks latitude, longitude, altitude, and time. Free, downloadable software (ViewNX v. 1.2) helps correlate picture data with map images.
- gathers positioning data for geo-tagging your images
- aids you in quickly locating and organizing your pictures and video
- works with free, downloadable ViewNX software
- stores latitude, longitude, altitude and time information
- compatible with select Nikon DSLR cameras
- supplied accessories: GP1-CA10A accessory cable (for connection to compatible cameras), GP1-CA90 accessory cable (for connection to cameras with accessory terminals), camera strap clip
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 27034
What's in the box:
- GPS unit (GP-1A)
- 8" USB-to-10pin cable (GP1-CA10A)
- 10" Accessory terminal cable (GP1-CA90)
- Strap Adapter (GP1-CL1)
- User's Manual
- Warranty Programs sheet
More details on the Nikon GP-1A
Overview: The Nikon GP-1A is a GPS Receiver unit that is designed for use with select Nikon digital SLR cameras. It mounts to the camera's accessory shoe. The GP-1A records location information, such as longitude, latitude, elevation, and time data for attaching to your photos and videos. The GP-1A comes with a strap adapter, which allows you to clip the GP-1A to the camera strap.
Compatibility: The GP-1A is compatible with the following Nikon cameras: D600, D4, D3-series, D800, D800E, D700, D300-series, D2X, D2XS, D2HS, D200, D90, D7000, D5100, D5000, and D3100.
Mounting and Connection: In most cases, the GP-1A mounts to the camera's accessory shoe. Two connecting cables are provided to connect the GP-1A to the camera. One can be used to connect the unit via the 10-pin remote terminal, while the other lets you connect it via the accessory terminal. The connection method varies between cameras. The GP-1A has an accessory terminal that allows you to connect the optional MC-DC2 remote cord for remote shutter release.
About GPS Signals: The GP-1A receives signals from numerous satellites orbiting the earth. The more satellites whose signals are being received, the higher the accuracy of the positioning information provided. To acquire GPS signals, the receiver should be used outdoors where the sky is unobstructed. Signal acquisition takes about 45 seconds under favorable conditions after first turning the receiver on. You should also use care not to cover the top of the receiver with your hand or other objects.
- Receiver Tracking Channels: 18
- Acquisition Times: Approx. 5 sec (hot start), Approx. 45 sec (cold start)
- Update Rate: 1x per second
- GPS Accuracy: Horizontal: 33 feet (10 meters)
- Dimensions: Width=1.789", Height=1.008", Depth=1.968", Weight=0.85 oz.