About the Nikon MB-D12
A must have for D800 enthusiasts, this battery grip from Nikon gives you extended shooting time plus increased comfort and balance as you snap photos. It attaches to the bottom of your D800, providing a convenient grip when holding the camera in the vertical position. It offers a shutter release button, front and rear command dials, and a joystick control for setting focus points. The magnesium frame and rubberized surfaces match your D800 perfectly and give it a more professional look and feel. The grip holds an optional EN-EL15 or EN-EL18 Nikon battery, or lets you operate your camera using eight "AA" batteries (not included).
- lets you comfortably hold camera upright for portraits
- ideal for photographers with larger hands and those shooting with heavier, professional or telephoto lenses
- compatible with Nikon D800 camera
- camera grip holds one optional EN-EL15/EN-EL18 or 8 optional "AA" batteries
- dual battery operation: uses one EN-EL15/18 in the camera and one in the grip
- built-in AF-ON button, vertical shutter release button, front and rear command dials, and joystick control
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 27040
What's in the box:
- MB-D12 Multi-Battery Power Pack with contact cap (installed)
- MS-D12 battery holder for AA batteries
- MS-D12EN battery holder for EN-EL15 battery (installed)
- Soft holder case
- User's Manual
- Warranty Programs sheet
Nikon MB-D12 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Nikon MB-D12
Overview: The Nikon MB-D12 Multi-Battery Power Pack is designed for use with Nikon's D800 and D800E digital SLR cameras. The MB-D12 takes one Nikon EN-EL15 Lithium-Ion rechargeable battery (sold separately) or eight "AA" batteries (alkaline, Ni-MH, or Lithium). An EN-EL18 Lithium-Ion battery can also be used, but a BL-5 battery-chamber cover (sold separately) and MH-26 battery charger are required.
Vertical Grip: Not only does the MB-D12 serve as a battery pack for the Nikon D800/D800E, it also acts as a vertical hand-grip for portrait shots, and provides a shutter-release button, multi-selector, main- and sub-command dials, and an AF-ON button.
Battery Life: The estimated battery life* for the D800 camera using the MB-D12 is as follows:
- One EN-EL15 battery (in camera): Approximately 900 shots
- One EN-EL15 battery (in MB-D12): Approximately 900 shots
- One EN-EL18 battery (in MB-D12): Approximately 1400 shots
- Two EN-EL15 batteries (one in camera and one in MB-D12): Approximately 1800 shots
- Eight AA batteries (in MB-D12): Approximately 1000 shots
*Using CIPA standard
Battery Use Order: In the camera's menu, you can choose whether the battery in the camera or the batteries in the battery pack are used first when an optional MB-D12 battery pack is attached.
Weight: The MB-D12 weighs 9.9 oz. (excluding batteries), 12.9 oz. with EN-EL15, and 16.3 oz. with 8 "AA" batteries.
1 question already asked