About the Nikon MB-D15
A must have for D7100 enthusiasts, this battery grip from Nikon gives you extended shooting time plus increased comfort and balance as you snap photos. It attaches to the bottom of your D7100, providing a convenient grip when holding the camera in the vertical position. It offers a shutter release button, front and rear command dials, and a joystick control for setting focus points. The magnesium frame and rubberized surfaces match your D7100 perfectly and give it a more professional look and feel. The grip holds an optional EN-EL15 Nikon battery, or lets you operate your camera using six "AA" batteries (not included) with the included holder.
- lets you comfortably hold camera upright for portraits
- ideal for photographers with larger hands and those shooting with heavier, professional or telephoto lenses
- compatible with Nikon D7100 camera
- camera grip holds one optional EN-EL15 or 6 optional "AA" batteries
- dual battery operation: uses one EN-EL15 in the camera and one in the grip
- built-in AE/AF lock button, vertical shutter release button, main and sub-command dials, and multi-selector
- 5-1/2"W x 2" x 3"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 27096
What's in the box:
- Multi-Battery Power Pack/Battery grip (with plastic terminal cover installed)
- MS-D14EN Battery holder (installed in grip)
- MS-D14 "AA" battery holder
- Neoprene pouch
- User's Manual
- Warranty Programs card
- For Your Safety sheet
Nikon MB-D15 reviews
Not of the usual Nikon quality. D7000 versions were Magnesium alloy. This one appears to be plastic. Not the same build quality as in the past. Seems sad that for a product at this price, Nikon would use plastic to save a few dimes.
Pros: Gets the job done.
Cons: Poor build quality Plastic - not magnesium alloy, and feels so
0 of 0 found this helpful
The OEM MB-D15 battery grip works excellent as expected unlike the "knock-off" that didn't.
Pros: Operation. Fit & fimish.
0 of 0 found this helpful
The battery pack work great. I have one on my d7000 as well
Pros: Works very well
Cons: I wish you could put another en-el15 battery in the pack. There would be room for it.
2 of 2 found this helpful
More details on the Nikon MB-D15
Overview: The Nikon MB-D15 Multi-Battery Power Pack is designed for use with Nikon's D7100 digital SLR camera. The MB-D15 takes one Nikon EN-EL15 rechargeable battery (sold separately) or six "AA" batteries (alkaline, Ni-MH, or Lithium). Not only does the MB-D15 serve as a power pack for the Nikon D7100 and D7200, it also acts as a vertical hand-grip for portrait-oriented shots, and provides a shutter-release button, multi selector, main- and sub-command dials, and an AE/AF Lock button.
Weight: The MB-D15 weighs 9 oz. (excluding batteries), 12 oz. with EN-EL15, and 13.9 oz. with 6 "AA" batteries.
Battery Life: The estimated battery life for the D7100 camera using the MB-D15 is as follows:
- One EN-EL15 battery (in camera): Approximately 950 shots*
- One EN-EL15 battery (in MB-D15): Approximately 950 shots
- Two EN-EL15 batteries (one in camera and one in MB-D15): Approximately 1900 shots
- Six AA alkaline batteries (in MB-D15): Approximately 450 shots
*Using CIPA standard