Multi-function remote cord
Item # 054MC36 | MFR # 4917
This item is no longer available.
Our take on the Nikon MC-36 by Crutchfield's Woody Sherman
This versatile remote for select Nikon cameras with a 10-pin control port is the perfect addition if you enjoy time-lapse, nighttime, macro and astronomical photography. An onboard timer/intervalometer can be programmed for exposure time and interval time between exposures, giving you an accurate way to compress time while giving your camera the stability it needs with the shutter is open. Requiring only two "AAA" batteries, the backlit display gives you all the information you need to program your picture sequence. A manual trigger release button remains active, even in auto mode, for firing the camera as needed. And it can be locked for long exposures in "bulb" mode.
- perfect for time-lapse, astronomical, night or macro photography
- programmable timer/intervalometer controls exposure time, frequency and total image limit
- 36-inch cord
- requires two "AAA" batteries
- manual locking trigger release button stays active for firing camera as needed
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Multi-function remote trigger release with attached 36" cord (has proprietary 10-pin plug)
- Instruction Manual
- Warranty sheet/proof-of-purchase form
Why Shop With Us?10 Reasons.
Overview: The Nikon MC-36 Multi-Function Remote Cord can help prevent camera shake by triggering the shutter release without touching the camera. With the remote, you can manually trigger the shutter release, or program it to automatically trigger the release at timed intervals. The MC-36 is designed for use with Nikon cameras with the 10-pin remote terminal, including D300S, D700, and D800. It has a 36" cable and a 1.25" liquid crystal display (measured diagonally).
Automatic Timer: The MC-36 can be programmed to take pictures automatically at a set interval. Using the remote's LCD, you can set the timer parameters, then press the Timer Start button to begin the program. During the session, the LCD will indicate the number of shots remaining, and the amount of time before the next shot. Shooting will end automatically when the selected number of shots have been taken, or the program is manually stopped. The following parameters can be set:
- Delay: Amount of time before the shutter is released (0 seconds to 99 hours 59 minutes 59 seconds in one-second increments)
- Long: Exposure time (0 seconds to 99 hours 59 minutes 59 seconds in one-second increments)
- Interval: Time between shots (1 second to 99 hours 59 minutes 59 seconds in one-second increments)
- Number of Shots: 1 to 399, or unlimited
- Speaker Status: Audible beeps (On or off)
Manual Release: The MC-36's shutter-release button functions the same way as the shutter release on the camera. Once you have set the exposure, shutter, focus, and shooting modes on the camera, you can take pictures with the remote by pressing the shutter-release button. Pressing the button halfway allows you to check the focus and exposure. For "bulb" shooting, the button can be pressed and slid upward to the Hold position.
Note: Manual operation does not require the presence of batteries in the remote.
Power Requirements: The MC-36 is powered by 2 "AAA" alkaline batteries. The estimated battery life is approximately 2 months, based on continuous shooting with a delay of 5 minutes, an exposure time of 4 minutes 56 seconds, and an interval of 5 minutes.
Compatibility: The Nikon MC-36 Remote Trigger Release is compatible with the following cameras:
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.