About the Nikon ME-1
This compact yet high-fidelity stereo electret-condenser microphone is designed for select Nikon digital cameras that feature a 3.5mm stereo external microphone input. Its innovative design significantly reduces noise from your lens' autofocus motor while recording crystal clear sound from immediate environment.
The microphone's cord features a stop which holds the cable in place, preventing noise from being transmitted by accidental cable contact. There's also a low-cut filter switch which reduces wind noise and other objectionable low-frequency ambient noise. The mic's unidirectional pattern rejects noise from off the camera's main focal axis.
- compatible with select Nikon digital cameras with a 3.5mm stereo external microphone input
- compact, lightweight and portable
- cable stop reduces noise from incidental contact with cable
- on-board low-cut filter switch reduces wind noise
- signal-to-noise ratio: >60dB
- output impedance: <2.2k ohms
- frequency response: 70-16000 Hz
- sensitivity: -42dB, +/-3dB
- supplied accessories: windscreen, soft case
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 27045
What's in the box:
- Stereo microphone with attached 13" cord (with right-angle 3.5mm plug)
- Wind screen
- Cloth storage pouch
- User Manual
- Nikon Digital Imaging Limited Warranty
Nikon ME-1 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Nikon ME-1
Overview: The Nikon ME-1 is a stereo microphone, designed for use with select Nikon cameras with microphone input jacks. The ME-1 receives power from the camera through the attached 13" cable. It does not need batteries, and does not have an on/off switch. The microphone mounts to the camera's accessory shoe (see note below), and can be tilted forward or backward for best performance. The ME-1 comes with a windscreen and a cloth storage pouch.
Note: The AS-N1000 Multi Accessory Port Adapter must be used to attach the ME-1 to the Nikon 1 V1 camera body.
Vibration Isolation: The microphone element incorporates a shock mount to reduce vibration noise during recording, including noise generated during autofocus.
Low-cut Filter: The microphone has a rotary switch on the back which allows you to engage the low-cut filter. The low-cut filter reduces wind noise and other low-frequency noise not blocked by the windscreen. The "Flat" position should be selected during normal use.
Cable Management: The microphone is equipped with a groove-like cable stop on the back near the mounting shoe. The microphone cable can be inserted into the cable stop to hold it into place and prevent noise from being recorded from accidental contact.
Specifications: The ME-1 wireless microphone has the following specifications:
- Type: Stereo back-electret condenser microphone
- Directionality: Unidirectional
- Frequency Response: 70-16,000 Hz
- Sensitivity: -42dB +/- 3dB (0dB=1V/Pa, 1 kHz)
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 60dB or more
- Output Impedance: 2.2 kΩ or less
- Low-cut Filter: Controlled by low-cut filter switch
- Power Supply: Supplied by camera (1-10V)
- Weight: 3.3 ounces
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?