About the Nikon SB-300 Speedlight
The SB-300 Speedlight works with most hot-shoe equipped Nikon Coolpix and SLR cameras to improve the look of your flash photography. This powerful-yet-compact add-on flash lets you shoot in low-light conditions from far greater distances than your camera's built-in flash will allow. Plus, you get the added ability to direct light where you need it for more professional-looking photos.
The SB-300 tilts to 120 degrees, enabling the soft light that comes from bouncing the flash off of a reflective, color-neutral surface like a ceiling or wall. And if you need to soften shadows with a bit of fill-flash, the SB-300 calculates the exact right amount of light necessary for proper exposure by firing an imperceptible pre-flash to gather information about your subject.
All of the necessary connections are made by simply mounting the flash to your camera's accessory shoe. With advanced automatic exposure control, this easy-to-use flash works together with your Nikon camera to provide just the right illumination for your photos every time.
- i-TTL (intelligent through-the-lens) flash exposure control
- 120-degree tilting flash head
- approximate guide number at ISO 100: 59 ft./18 meters
- compatible with Nikon SLRs and select Nikon Coolpix cameras
- uses 2 "AAA" batteries (not included)
- weight: 3.4 oz. (without batteries)
- 2-5/16"W x 2-3/4"H x 2-3/8"D
- soft carry case included
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 4810
What's in the box:
Nikon SB-300 Speedlight owner's manual
- SB-300 AF Speedlight flash
- Cloth pouch
- User's Manual
- For Your Safety sheet
- Warranty Programs sheet
Nikon SB-300 Speedlight reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
This review was collected as part of a promotion
More details on the Nikon SB-300 Speedlight
Overview: The simple-to-operate Nikon Speedlight SB-300 flash has been optimized for use with CLS-compatible (Creative Lighting System) digital SLR (Nikon FX/DX format) cameras. It can also be used with Coolpix cameras that support i-TTL flash control. Non-CLS-compatible cameras can use the flash with limited features. The flash unit comes with a soft Polyester storage pouch.
Creative Lighting System (CLS): Nikon's Creative Lighting System (CLS) offers additional flash shooting possibilities with digital cameras by taking advantage of a camera's digital communication capabilities. CLS is available only when the SB-300 is used with compatible Nikon cameras with CLS.
Adjustable Flash Head: The flash head can be tilted up to 120° enabling bounce flash photography. The flash has stops at 0° (facing straight ahead), 60°, 75°, 90°, and 120°.
Batteries: The SB-300 requires 2 "AAA"-sized Alkaline or Ni-MH batteries.
- Guide Number: 18m/59ft (ISO 100)
- Effective Flash Range (i-TTL): 2 ft. to 66 ft. (varies depending on ISO sensitivity, bounce angle, and aperture)
- Bounce Capability: flash head tilts from 0° to +120° with click-stops at 0°, 60°, 75°, 90°, 120°
- Angle of Illumination: covers the viewing angle of a 27mm lens (FX format) or 18mm lens (DX format)
- Battery Life/Minimum Recycling Time:
- Alkaline: 70 or more uses/approx. 4-second recycling time
- Ni-MH: 110 or more uses/approx. 3.5-second recycling time
- Flash Duration: 1/1650 sec at full power
5 questions already asked
This little flash works great for fill flash, not necessarily for portraits in a studio! It is handy for on the go photography when you don't want to carry to much gear! I love it on the Nikon D780, works perfectly !!
Lyndon from ELKTON, MD