About the Nikon AF-S Teleconverter TC-14E III
Give your Nikon lens a boost
Sometimes you need just a little more reach with your lens, but buying and toting a longer lens may not be an option. That's where Nikon's TC-14E III teleconverter comes in. Attached between your Nikon camera's body and a compatible Nikon lens, it increases the lens's effective focal length by 40% without adding significant bulk or sacrificing image quality. For example, using the converter with Nikon's 70-200mm f/2.8 lens increases its zoom range out to 98-280mm. The TC-14E III's high-quality optics maintain sharpness, while its built-in Silent Wave Motor allows most lenses to continue autofocusing normally. It's perfect for shooting outdoor sports and wildlife scenes where the added telephoto capability can really help.
- designed exclusively for use with select Nikon AF-S lenses
- provides 1.4X optical magnification
- light loss: 1 f-stop
- built-in Silent Wave Motor allows autofocusing with many Nikon lenses
- supports metering and auto exposure functions
- supports the VR function found on many Nikon lenses
- construction: 7 elements in 4 groups
- dust- and water-resistant design
- fluorine coating on outer lens elements enhances resistance to dirt and water droplets
- includes front and rear caps, soft case
- weight: 6.7 ounces
- teleconverter is 2-9/16" in diameter, 1" long
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 2219
What's in the box:
- Nikon AF-S Teleconverter TC-14E III
- LF-4 Rear lens cap (installed)
- BF-3B Teleconverter cap (installed)
- CL-0715 Soft Case
- User's Manual
- Warranty Programs sheet
Nikon AF-S Teleconverter TC-14E III reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Nikon AF-S Teleconverter TC-14E III
Overview: The AF-S Teleconverter TC-14 III is a precision optical accessory that mounts between the camera body and the lens. It has a 1.4x optical conversion factor, increases the focal length of select compatible Nikkor lenses by 40%. It is ideal for sports photography, wildlife photography, surveillance, and more. You can use the teleconverter without sacrificing image quality, autofocus accuracy, metering, or VR image stabilization, and only a 1-stop loss of light. The TC-14 III has the standard Nikon F-bayonet mount, and is compatible with FX, DX, FX in DX crop mode, and 35mm film formats. A list of compatible lenses can be found below.
Fluorine Coating: The TC-14 III has fluorine coatings on the front and rear surfaces which repel dirt and water droplets for clear views and easy removal.
Autofocus: The TC-14 III allows auto focusing with most compatible AF-S lenses, many with manual or auto priority. With some compatible lenses, though, auto focusing is not possible. Focus assist may also be available in most situations.
Lens Construction: The teleconverter has 7 lens elements in 4 groups, including elements with fluorine coatings. It is optimized for use with FX and DX digital SLRs.
Exposure: The use of this teleconverter decreases the effective aperture of the attached lens by one stop.
Compatible Cameras: The AF-S Teleconverter TC-14 III is compatible with the following cameras when used with Type E lenses: D4 series, D3 series, D810, D800 series, D700, D610, D600, D300 series, D7100, D7000, D5300, D5200, D5100, D5000, D3300, D3200, and D3100.
Compatible Lenses: The AF-S Teleconverter TC-14 III is compatible with the following lenses (Nikon Product Number in parentheses):
- Compatible with no limitations:
- AF-S VR NIKKOR 200mm f/2G IF-ED (#2150)
- AF-S NIKKOR 300mm f/2.8G ED VR II (#2186)
- AF-S VR NIKKOR 300mm f/2.8G IF-ED (#2154)
- AF-S NIKKOR 300mm f/4D IF-ED (#1909)
- AF-S NIKKOR 400mm f/2.8G ED VR (#2171)
- AF-S NIKKOR 400mm f/2.8E FL ED VR (#2217)
- AF-S NIKKOR 500mm f/4G ED VR (#2172)
- AF-S NIKKOR 600mm f/4G ED VR (#2173)
- AF-S NIKKOR 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II (#2185)
- AF-S VR Zoom-NIKKOR 70-200mm f/2.8G IF-ED (#2139)
- AF-S NIKKOR 70-200mm f/4G ED VR (#2202)
- AF-S VR Zoom-NIKKOR 200-400mm f/4G IF-ED (#2146)
- AF-S NIKKOR 200-400mm f/4G ED VR II (#2187)
- Compatible, but with AutoFocus limitations:
- AF-S NIKKOR 80-400mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR (#2208)
- AF-S NIKKOR 800mm f/5.6E FL ED VR (#2205)
- Compatible, but AutoFocus not possible:
- AF-S VR Micro-NIKKOR 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED (#2160)