Nikon AF-S Teleconverter TC-20E III
Teleconverter for compatible Nikon autofocus lenses
Item # 054TC20III | MFR # 2189
$499.95 Earn up to 500 Rewards points
Offers & Financing
Ask an expert
Our VA-based experts can help.
Our take on the Nikon AF-S Teleconverter TC-20E III by Crutchfield's Dave Bar
Double your Nikon lens' telephoto power
Sometimes you need more reach than your lens can deliver, but buying and toting a longer lens may not be an option. That's where Nikon's TC-20E III teleconverter comes in. Attached between your Nikon camera's body and a compatible Nikon lens, it effectively doubles the lens's focal length without adding significant bulk. For example, using the converter with Nikon's AF-S 70-200mm f/2.8 ED VR II lens increases its zoom range to 140-400mm on a full frame (FX) SLR such as Nikon's D610 (or a whopping 210-600mm on a DX cam like the D7100). And the TC-20E III's high-quality optics maintain your lens's sharpness, while its built-in Silent Wave Motor allows most lenses to continue autofocusing normally. It's perfect for shooting outdoor sports and wildlife scenes where the added telephoto capability can really come in handy.
- designed exclusively for use with Nikon AF-S and AF-I lenses
- provides 2X optical magnification for greater telephoto reach
- compatible formats: Nikon FX, DX, FX in DX Crop Mode, and 35mm film
- light loss: 2 f-stops
- built-in Silent Wave Motor allows autofocusing with many Nikon lenses
- supports metering and auto exposure functions
- supports the VR and VR II function found on many Nikon lenses
- construction: 7 lens elements in 5 groups
- aspherical lens element virtually eliminates coma and other aberrations, even when shooting at wide apertures
- Nikon Integrated Coating (IC) enhances light transmission efficiency, improves color consistency and reduces lens flare
- includes front and rear caps, soft case
- weight: 11.6 ounces
- teleconverter is 2-5/8" in diameter, 2-3/8" overall length (1-15/16" long extension from camera's lens mounting flange)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- 2x AF-S Optical Teleconverter (TC-20E III)
- BF-3B Front cap (installed)
- LF-4 Rear cap (installed)
- CL-017 Soft case
- User's Manual
- Warranty Programs sheet
Why Shop With Us?10 Reasons.
Overview: The AF-S Teleconverter TC-20E III is a precision optical accessory, mounted between the camera body and the lens. It has a 2.0x optical conversion factor, which effectively doubles the focal length of select compatible Nikkor lenses. It is ideal for sports photography, wildlife photography, surveillance, and more. The TC-20E III has the standard Nikon F-bayonet mount, and is compatible with FX, DX, FX in DX crop mode, and 35mm film formats. A list of compatible lenses can be found below.
Nikon Integrated Coating (IC): The TC-20E III has Nikon's integrated coating which enhances light transmission efficiency, improves color consistency, and reduces flare.
Autofocus: The TC-20E III allows auto focusing with most compatible AF-S lenses, many with manual or auto priority. With some compatible lenses, though, auto focusing is not possible. Focus assist may also be available in most situations.
Lens Construction: The teleconverter has 7 lens elements in 5 groups, including 1 aspherical lens element to eliminate coma and other aberrations, especially at wide apertures. It is optimized for use with FX and DX digital SLRs.
Exposure: The use of this teleconverter decreases the effective aperture of the attached lens by two stops. With most AI-type cameras, exposure is determined in the same manner as using the prime lens only. Exposure cannot be determined with the G-type lens. For non-AI-type cameras, you will need to perform the stop-down method to determine the proper exposure.
Compatible Lenses: The AF-S Teleconverter TC-20E III is compatible with the following lenses:
- Compatible with no limitations:
- AF-S VR NIKKOR 200mm f/2G IF-ED
- AF-S VR NIKKOR 200mm f/2G IF-ED II
- AF-S NIKKOR 300mm f/2.8G ED VR II
- AF-S VR NIKKOR 300mm f/2.8G IF-ED
- AF-S NIKKOR 300mm f/2.8G IF-ED II
- AF-S NIKKOR 300mm f/2.8G IF-ED
- AF-I NIKKOR 300mm f/2.8D IF-ED
- AF-S NIKKOR 400mm f/2.8G ED VR
- AF-S NIKKOR 400mm f/2.8D IF-ED II
- AF-S NIKKOR 400mm f/2.8D IF-ED
- AF-I NIKKOR 400mm f/2.8D IF-ED
- AF-S NIKKOR 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II
- AF-S VR Zoom-NIKKOR 70-200mm f/2.8G IF-ED
- AF-S Zoom-NIKKOR 80-200mm f/2.8D IF-ED
- AF-S NIKKOR 80-400mm f/4.5-5.6 ED VRII
- Compatible, but AutoFocus not possible:
- AF-S VR Micro-NIKKOR 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED
- AF-S NIKKOR 300mm f/4D IF-ED
- AF-S NIKKOR 500mm f/4G ED VR
- AF-S NIKKOR 500mm f/4D IF-ED II
- AF-S NIKKOR 500mm f/4D IF-ED
- AF-I NIKKOR 500mm f/4D IF-ED
- AF-S NIKKOR 600mm f/4G ED VR
- AF-S NIKKOR 600mm f/4D IF-ED II
- AF-S NIKKOR 600mm f/4D IF-ED
- AF-I NIKKOR 600mm f/4D IF-ED
- AF-S NIKKOR 800mm f/5.6E ED FL
- AF-S VR Zoom-NIKKOR 200-400mm f/4G IF-ED
- AF-S Zoom-NIKKOR 200-400mm f/4G ED VR II
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.
Why did you buy this?
with Nikon you never go wrong. [ Hector L Nov 03, 2016 ]