About the Audio-Technica LP-140X
A pro-quality turntable
A pro-quality turntable
If you spin records professionally, or want to learn how, the Audio-Technica LP-140X has the valuable features you need. Its high-torque direct-drive motor gets up to speed quickly, and the 'table is equipped to play in forward or reverse. A pitch change slider with +/-8%, +/-16%, and +/-24% settings gives you additional creative control.
There's a stroboscopic platter with speed indicator, and a removable plug-style cueing light so you can see what you're doing in a darkened environment.
Built to last
The LP-140X is rugged and reliable. The factory-installed AT-XP3 DJ cartridge is designed for professional use, and it's mounted on a universal headshell, so you can upgrade whenever you like. Solid base construction reduces low-frequency feedback coloration, and a mass-damped, die-cast aluminum platter with felt mat keeps unwanted resonance to a minimum.
- high-torque DC servo direct-drive motor for fast starting
- electronic braking system
- adjustable dynamic anti-skate control
- selectable speed: 33-1/3, 45, or 78 rpm
- 78 rpm playback of some older pressings requires Audio-Technica VM670SP or similar stylus (stylus not included)
- balanced S-shaped tonearm with hydraulically damped lift control and lockable rest
- universal headshell with pre-mounted Audio-Technica AT-XP3 moving magnet phono cartridge
- anti-resonance die-cast aluminum platter with anti-slip mat
- dedicated phono-level output with detachable stereo RCA cable
- grounding lug eliminates ground hum
- forward and reverse play
- variable pitch control with quartz-controlled pitch lock
- pitch change slider control with +/-8%, +/-16%, and +/-24% settings
- stroboscopic platter with speed indicator
- removable plug-type stylus target light for easier cueing in low light
- stereo RCA cable
- 45 RPM spindle adapter
- counterweight for accurate tonearm tracking
- slip mat
- removable hinged dust cover
- power cable
Dimensions and warranty:
- 17-13/16"W x 6-1/4"H x 13-7/8"D
- weight: 22 lbs. (with dust cover removed)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # AT-LP140X-BK
What's in the box:
- Turntable (tone-arm pre-installed)
- 6' AC power cord
- Headshell/Cartridge/Stylus assembly
- Felt mat
- 45 RPM adapter
- 5' RCA stereo cable
- Dust cover
- 2 Hinges
- Quick Start Guide
- Caution Guide
Audio-Technica LP-140X reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Audio-Technica LP-140X
Professional DJ Turntable: The Audio-Technica AT-LP140XP is a fully manual DJ turntable that features a high-torque direct-drive, high-torque servo motor with speed stabilization for high-fidelity audio and professional DJ performance. It supports 33-1/3, 45, and 78 RPM speeds. 78 RPM records require an additional cartridge that is not included and sold separately (see Accessories Tab).
Anti-Resonance Construction: The AT-LP140XP turntable's anti-resonant, mass-damped, die-cast aluminum platter with felt mat ensures stable, on-axis rotation. It also features well damped plinth (base) construction for reduced low-frequency feedback coloration.
Balanced S-Shaped Tonearm: The AT-LP140XP is equipped with a balanced S-shaped tonearm with hydraulically damped lift control, height adjustment, and lockable rest. It also features adjustable tracking force (counterweight) and adjustable dynamic anti-skate control.
AT-XP3 DJ Cartridge: The turntable is equipped with Audio-Technica's durable, high-output AT-XP3 DJ cartridge featuring a 0.6 mil conical bonded stylus. The AT-XP3 cartridge is specially designed for DJs. It features a highly-rigid polyphenylene sulfide (PPS)/glass fiber body. Its 0.6 mil conical bonded stylus tracks the center of the record groove for reliable performance and excellent fidelity. Plus, the cartridge design provides maximum visibility of the stylus tip. It comes pre-mounted to an AT-HS6 universal 1/2"-mount headshell.
DJ Playback Controls: The AT-LP140XP offers DJ style controls. It provides forward/reverse operation and variable pitch control with quartz speed lock. You can select an 8/16/24% pitch adjustment range, and then move the pitch adjust slide control up or down to make pitch adjustments. When the quartz speed lock is activated, the platter will hold the RPMs at 0% pitch regardless of the pitch slider position and tempo range control settings.
Indicator Lights: The turntable provides indicator lights to help make operation easier. There is a retractable plug-type target light for easier cueing in low light, plus stroboscopic lights for speed indication.
Stereo RCA Output: Designed to connect to components with a dedicated phono input, the turntable comes with a detachable stereo RCA cable and supplies a strong 5.5mV output. If your AV receiver or integrated amplifier does not have a suitable Phono MM input, a separate phono pre-amplifier (sold separately) is required to connect the turntable to your amplifier.
Dust Cover: The Audio-Technica AT-LP140XP DJ turntable comes with a removable hinged dust cover.