About the Audio-Technica AT440MLa
For superior sound from your vinyl records, equip your turntable with this high-performance phono cartridge from Audio-Technica's "Audiophile" series. The AT440MLa features a MicroLine® stylus A-T's best design for impressive high-frequency detail, and ruler-flat response. Standard-mount only.
- dual moving-magnet design
- MicroLine stylus
- frequency response 20-20,000 Hz
- stereo separation 27 dB
- standard-mount only
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # AT440MLA
What's in the box:
- Dual moving-magnet stereo phono cartridge with micro-linear stylus (in a plastic case)
- Flat-head screwdriver (attached to bottom of plastic case)
- Stylus cleaning brush (attached to bottom of plastic case)
- Four 1" color-coded wire leads (each has slip-on lugs on both ends)
- 2 Long machine screws
- 2 Short machine screws
- 2 Hex nuts
- 2 Slotted round nuts
- 2 Flat plastic washers
- "Disposal of Old Electrical & Electronic Equipment" sheet
Audio-Technica AT440MLa reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Audio-Technica AT440MLa
General Overview: The AT440MLa cartridge is equipped with Audio-Technica's patented Dual Magnet cartridge design. The cartridge features a Paratoroidal generator coil circuit and a Micro-Linear stylus. The AT440MLa uses PCOCC (Pure Copper by Ohno Continuous Casting process) in the construction of its coil and lead wires.
Micro-Linear Stylus (MicroLine): This type of stylus provides better high frequency response than an elliptical or conventional linear contact stylus. The curving rate of the micro-linear stylus does not change until the stylus is almost worn, whereas the curving rate of conventional styli increases as they're used. This small curving rate ensures clear and non-distorted playback over the entire frequency range, even for the inner part of the record groove where high tracing performance is typically not maintained as well by conventional styli.
Average Life: The small curving rate of a micro-linear stylus results in an average life of approximately 1,000 hours, which is typically much higher than that of conventional Audio-Technica brand elliptical styli.
Stylus Cantilever: This cartridge uses a tapered alloy tube for the stylus cantilever.
Mount Compatibility: This cartridge is compatible with Half-inch (standard mount) applications. It cannot be used as a P-mount.
- Generating Element: Dual moving magnet
- Output: 4.0 mV at 5 cm/sec.
- Channel Separation: 27 dB, 1kHz
- Channel Balance: 0.8 dB, 1kHz
- Stylus Construction: 0.12 mil Nude square shank
- Stylus Type: Micro-Linear
- Tracking Force: 1.0-1.8 grams (1.4 grams optimal)
- Vertical Tracking Angle: 20 degrees
- Coil Impedance: 3.2 ohms at 1kHz
- Coil Inductance: 490 ohms at 1kHz
- Recommended Load Impedance: 47,000 ohms
- Cartridge Weight: 6.5 grams
- Mount: Half-inch (standard mount)
- Cartridge Height: 28.0 mm
The Audio-Technica AT440MLa replaces these items