About the Audio-Technica AT-LP7
A solid, elegant turntable
A solid, elegant turntable
The Audio-Technica AT-LP7 is designed to make your cherished vinyl sound exceptional. The pre-mounted AT VM520EB moving magnet cartridge offers top-notch performance, and a dense thermoplastic platter keeps distracting resonant frequencies at bay. With a solid MDF chassis, J-shaped tonearm, and gorgeous black finish, it looks every bit as good as it sounds.
Versatile for the audiophile
This turntable gives you more options than most. It has its own phono preamp, so you can connect to any receiver, or plug directly into a pair of powered stereo speakers. The phono preamp also features a switch on the back that lets you use this ‘table with either a moving magnet or moving coil cartridge.
- built-in switchable phono preamp (phono/line)
- phono preamp is compatible with moving magnet and moving coil cartridges
- selectable speed: 33-1/3 or 45 rpm
- J-shaped tonearm for accurate tracking
- includes lightweight AT-HS10 headshell with pre-mounted Audio-Technica VM520EB moving magnet phono cartridge
- speed-sensor system maintains accurate platter rotation speed
- anti-resonance thermoplastic platter
- signal to noise ratio: >60dB
- wow and flutter: <0.2%
- male-to-male RCA cable
- 45 RPM spindle adapter
- counterweight for accurate tonearm tracking
- removable hinged dust cover
- power cable
Dimensions and Warranty:
- 17-3/16"W x 5-1/16"H x 13-15/16"D (with dust cover)
- weight: 18.3 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # AT-LP7
What's in the box:
- Tonearm (pre-installed)
- Catridge w/ Stylus
- AC power adapter (attached 5' DC cord)
- 45 RPM adapter
- Dust cover
- 40" Stereo RCA cable
- User Manual
Audio-Technica AT-LP7 Reviews
Average Customer Review(s):
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Audio-Technica AT-LP7
Belt-Drive Turntable: The Audio-Technica AT-LP7 is a fully manual, belt-drive turntable with two operation speeds (33-1/3 and 45 RPM). The AT-LP7 turntable's motor features a speed-sensor system to maintain accurate platter rotation speed at both speeds.
Anti-Vibration Construction: The turntable chassis is constructed of 40mm thick MDF (medium density fiberboard), an excellent anti-vibration damping material that limits low-frequency acoustical feedback. The anti-resonance platter is made of 20 mm-thick polyoxymethylene and is driven by a sensor-monitored motor that ensures a continuously accurate platter rotation (no mat is included). The integrated anti-resonance feet provide a stable foundation.
J-Shaped Tonearm: The headshell attaches to a J-shaped tone arm that takes its inspiration from the classic A-T models of the 1960s and '70s. The tone arm features a metallic gimbal suspension system and precision bearings to mitigate tracking errors, and includes an adjustable counterweight and anti-skate control. The height of the tone arm can be adjusted from 0 mm to 6 mm to accommodate a wide variety of cartridges.
Dual Moving Magnet Stereo Cartridge: The AT-LP7 comes with a VM520EB Dual Moving Magnet Cartridge with a 10 g AT-HS10 headshell and 0.3 x 0.7 mil elliptical bonded stylus (the cartridge will need to be installed - see User Manual). The VM520EB Dual Moving Magnet Cartridge also features an aluminum cantilever and durable low-resonance polymer housing, as well as paratoroidal coils that improve generating efficiency and a center shield plate between the left and right channels to reduce crosstalk.
- Frequency Response: 20-23,000 Hz
- Channel Separation: 27 dB (1 kHz)
- Vertical Tracking Force: 1.8-2.2 g (2.0 g standard)
- Stylus Construction: Bonded round shank
- Recommended Load Impedance: 47,000 ohms
- Output: 4.5 mV (at 1 kHz, 5 cm/sec)
- Channel Balance: 1.5 dB (1 kHz)
- Stylus Shape: 0.3 x 0.7 mil elliptical
- Cantilever: Aluminum pipe
- Mount: 1/2"
- Replacement Stylus: Part # VMN20EB
- Coil Impedance: 2,700 ohms (1 kHz)
- DC Resistance: 800 ohms
- Load Capacitance: 100-200 pF
- Coil Inductance: 460 mH (1 kHz)
- Static Compliance: 35 x 10-6 cm/dyne
- Dynamic Compliance: 8 x 10-6 cm/dyne (100 Hz)
- Vertical Tracking Angle: 23°
Note: The stylus can be replaced with any of the other six styli available in the VM line, giving you an easy means of upgrading the stylus without buying a whole new cartridge.
MM/MC Operation: The AT-LP7 can be set for moving magnet (MM) or moving coil (MC) operation. If using the included or other type of moving magnet cartridge, set the MM/MC Cartridge Selector Switch to the "MM" position. If using a moving coil (MC) cartridge (sold separately), set this switch to the "MC" position. The MM/MC Cartridge Selector Switch is set to the "MM" position out of the box, since the included VM520EB cartridge is a moving magnet (MM) type cartridge.
Note: The included cartridge is an MM cartridge. MC cartridges are sold separately.
Switchable Preamp: The AT-LP7 features a built-in switchable phono/line preamp that enables it to be connected directly to a computer, home stereo, powered speakers, and other components that have no dedicated turntable input.
Stereo RCA Output: The AT-LP7 is outfitted with a set of stereo RCA outputs and includes a 40" stereo RCA cable to connect to your AV receiver, integrated amplifier, or powered speakers. Use the "GND" terminal to connect the grounding line of the RCA cables to the ground terminal of the amplifier.
Dust Cover: The Audio-Technica AT-LP7 turntable comes with a dust cover that is also removable. The dust cover simply rests on top of the turntable (there are no hinges).
- Dimensions with Dust Cover: 18.0625" (w) x 6.125" (h) x 15.4375"
- Dimensions without Dust Cover: 17.75" (w) x 5.625" (h) x 15.3125"
AC Power Adapter: The Audio-Technica AT-LP7 includes an external AC power adapter with an attached 5' DC cord.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
1 question already asked