About the Audio-Technica VM520EB
Great stereo separation, plus an elliptical stylus
The Audio-Technica VM520EB has two moving magnets inside, matching the left/right separation of a stereo record groove. The elliptical bonded stylus tracks record grooves with high accuracy for outstanding audio reproduction. It's designed to fit a standard 1/2" mount for compatibility with a wide range of turntables.
- dual moving magnet design for excellent stereo separation
- center shield plate between the left and right channels reduces crosstalk
- 0.3 x 0.7 mil elliptical stylus
- all-metal cantilever
- frequency response 20-23,000 Hz
- output voltage: 4.5 mV
- stereo separation: 27 dB
- channel balance: 1.5 dB
- tracking force range: 1.8-2.2 grams
- recommended tracking force: 2.0 grams
- load impedance: 47k ohms
- cartridge weight: 6.4 grams
- 11/16"W x 11/16"H x 1-1/8"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # VM520EB
What's in the box:
- Dual moving magnet stereo phono cartridge
- 2 Long screws
- 2 Short screws
- 2 Nuts
- 2 Washers
- User Manual
- Disposal Note
Audio-Technica VM520EB reviews
Greatly enhances the sound of my oldest vinyl. Great value for the money
1 of 1 found this helpful
I could not use the 520 because I was given incorrect info on a suitable replacement cartridge. It was returned.
0 of 8 found this helpful
Pros: Easy install, great sound
1 of 3 found this helpful
The AT VM520EB sounds very similar to Shure cartridges of the early 70's. I have this mounted to a Dual 1214 and it is a very good match. At this price point it brings the highs and lows out of older records. This cartridge takes the surgeons touch to mount. The supplied screws are either too long or too short. Fortunately I had some in between that worked. This has nothing to do with the sound quality so I didn't give it a 1 star gig. Just be aware that set up may not be a cake walk.
Pros: Sounds nice, great quality for the money
Cons: AT should produce screws that fit the original head shell
12 of 15 found this helpful
Listened to the newly remastered and remixed Sargent Peppers release last night and having used vinyl for over 40 years I have to say it was without a doubt the greatest listening experience of my life. This product created a very warm sound with incredible detail and great spatial presence. I'm presently self flagellating myself for falling into the cd hole for 20 years.
Pros: Easy to install,beautiful tracking,warm and rich sound
12 of 13 found this helpful
Awesome quality, looks great (paired with AT-HS1 headshell), sounds clear and brought out more bass. I feel it was a great buy and I do recommend it.
Pros: Awesome quality, looks great, clear sound, etc.
9 of 10 found this helpful
I am very pleased with the performance of the Audio Technica cartridge I purchased. I am able to enjoy listening to my old albums with perfect clarity
Pros: Great frequency response with lite tracking.
5 of 6 found this helpful
VM520EB is a fine cartridge that allows the power of a Mcintosh amp, an AR turntable and speakers go to town. Clarity and separation for the stereophonic records is great, even when mono mode is selected.
Cons: Mounting a little difficult
10 of 11 found this helpful
More details on the Audio-Technica VM520EB
Dual Moving Magnet Stereo Cartridge: The VM520EB conical stylus cartridge is the entry-level 500 Series model in Audio-Technica's new VM cartridge line. Like all VM cartridges, the VM520EB is equipped with dual magnets that are positioned to match the left and right channels in the stereo record groove for outstanding channel separation and extended frequency response. The cartridge's 0.3 x 0.7 mil elliptical bonded stylus tracks the record groove with high accuracy for outstanding audio reproduction.
- VM dual magnet cartridge with 0.3 x 0.7 mil elliptical stylus
- Aluminum cantilever
- Paratoroidal coils improve generating efficiency
- Center shield plate between the left and right channels reduces crosstalk
- Durable low-resonance polymer housing
Note: Mounting hardware is included.
- Frequency Response: 20-23,000 Hz
- Channel Separation: 27 dB (1 kHz)
- Vertical Tracking Force: 1.8-2.2 g (2.0 g standard)
- Stylus Construction: Bonded round shank
- Recommended Load Impedance: 47,000 ohms
- Output: 4.5 mV (at 1 kHz, 5 cm/sec)
- Channel Balance: 1.5 dB (1 kHz)
- Stylus Shape: 0.3 x 0.7 mil eliptical
- Cantilever: Aluminum pipe
- Mount: 1/2"
- Replacement Stylus: Part # VMN20EB
- Coil Impedance: 2,700 ohms (1 kHz)
- DC Resistance: 800 ohms
- Load Capacitance: 100-200 pF
- Coil Inductance: 460 mH (1 kHz)
- Static Compliance: 35 x 10-6 cm/dyne
- Dynamic Compliance: 8 x 10-6 cm/dyne (100 Hz)
- Vertical Tracking Angle: 23°
Dimensions: 0.75" (w) x 0.75" (h) x 1.125" (d)
Weight: 6.4 g (0.2 oz)
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
1 question already asked