About the Acoustic Research S108PSB
If your entertainment system is in a small- to medium-sized room, this powered subwoofer is a perfect fit. Position this compact cube in a corner and get ready for thrilling low bass punch! Combining a muscular 100-watt RMS amplifier and down-firing 8" woofer in a slot-loaded, tuned-port enclosure, the Acoustic Research S108PSB is willing and able to rock the room, whether your tastes run to movies, music, or both!
- 100-watt RMS amplifier
- frequency response 36-150 Hz
- slot-loaded, tuned-port enclosure
- continuously variable 50-200 Hz crossover
- mono RCA preamp-level input
- speaker-level inputs with 5-way binding post connectors
- auto power on/off
- phase reverse switch
- volume control
- 12-1/2"W x 12-3/4"H x 13-3/4"D
- warranty: 5 years driver, 1 year electronics
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Acoustic Research S108PSB
Features & specs
|Woofer Size (inches)||8|
|Low-Pass Crossover Freq||50-200Hz|
|High-Pass Crossover Freq||None|
|Amplifier Output (watts)||100|
|Frequency Response||36-150 Hz|
|Speaker Parts Warranty||1YR/5YRS*|
|Speaker Labor Warranty||1YR/5YRS*|
|Amplifier Parts Warranty||---|
|Amplifier Labor Warranty||---|
Driver: The ARS108PSB has a down-firing 8" laminated paper cone woofer for deep, powerful bass. For a smoother response and improved durability, the driver uses a rubber surround.
Amplifier: The 8" driver is powered by a built-in 100 watt RMS amplifier.
Port: The down-firing port gives you deep bass response.
Auto Turn-On: In Auto mode, the unit turns on automatically when an input signal is received and turns off after a period of time without an input signal.
Low-Pass Crossover: The subwoofer has a built-in low-pass crossover that is adjustable from 50-200Hz.
Phase Control: Allows you to select 0 or 180 degrees for the best bass response.
- Power Switch: Can select Off or Auto On.
- Phase Switch: Allows you to select 0 or 180 degrees.
- Low-Pass Frequency Control: Rotary knob allows you to adjust the low-pass filter from 50-200Hz.
- Subwoofer Level Control: Rotary knob allows you to set the subwoofer's volume relative to the rest of the system.
- Power On/Standby LED: Glows green when the subwoofer is on and glows red when the subwoofer is in standby mode.
- Speaker-Level In: Left and right gold-plated 5-way binding posts.
- Line In: Mono RCA preamp input.
Warranty: Warranty is 5 years for the loudspeaker and 1 year for the electronic amplifier.
Manual Correction: The connections diagrams incorrectly show speaker inputs and outputs; this unit does not include speaker level output connections. The back panel view shown in the "Subwoofer Controls and Connections" section of the manual correctly shows speaker inputs without any corresponding speaker level outputs.