About the Original Entertainment Media GM-5100
OEM designed the GM-5100 DVD receiver specifically for select 2005-up Buick, Chevy, Hummer, Pontiac, and Saturn vehicles, so you'll get a stereo packed with the features you want, in a handsome package that looks like it was installed at the factory. You'll keep the look of your dash, but get a whole lot more of a stereo than came with your vehicle.
With a compatible phone, Bluetooth technology lets you hear your calls over your vehicle's speakers and see caller ID information on the receiver's 6.5" screen. With a simple touch of the screen, you can place and answer calls without fumbling around with your phone.
iPod® & MP3
The included iNport module gives you an iPod port, RCA audio/video inputs, and an auxiliary input for connecting other gear. Hook up your iPod, and you'll be able to access iPod playlists, view photos, and play video files using the smooth and intuitive touchscreen controls.
Connect an MP3 player to the auxiliary input on the iNport, or load up a DVD with MP3/WMA files for cruising music that'll last for weeks.
Audio and video features
Your music comes through loud and clear, courtesy of OEM's 22-watt x 4 amplifier and 24-bit digital-to-audio converter. Tweak the sound to your liking using the built-in equalizer, or choose from 9 preset tone curves. You can use the preamp outputs to add amps and subs, and hook up a video monitor for passengers in the back. Connect a video game console for the kids using the iNport's video input.
Add GPS navigation to your touchscreen with the optional SNAV-1 module, or choose one of OEM's portable GPS units; you'll get over 11 million points of interest, plus preloaded maps of the U.S. and Canada. Voice-guided turn-by-turn directions get you everywhere you need to go. An area information search feature helps you find restaurants and other attractions in your vicinity, and a voice guides you there gently with pinpoint precision.
Other expansion opportunities
The GM-5100 can grow with you add XM satellite radio for commercial-free music, plus sports, talk, news, and kids' programming. If you tow a trailer or have a larger vehicle, add a rear-view camera to see what's behind you on the touchscreen. You'll get three remote controls with the GM-5100, so your backseat passengers can control their music and movies without bugging the adults up front.
- in-dash DVD/CD receiver with 6.5" touchscreen (22 watts RMS CEA-2006/60 peak x 4 channels)
- fits double-sized dash openings in select 2005-up Buick, Chevy, Hummer, Pontiac, and Saturn vehicles
- three wireless remote controls
- plays MP3/WMAs on CD/DVD
- 24-bit DACs
- EQ with 9 selectable curves
- included iPod adapter with video capability
- inputs: one A/V input, rear camera input, auxiliary input, navigation input
- outputs: two video outputs, 5-channel preamp outputs (2-volt front, rear, mono subwoofer)
What's in the box:
- GM Multimedia receiver w/ 6.5" touch-screen
- Wiring harness
- 2 IR wireless remote controls with installed CR2025 3V lithium batteries
- SPR-001 Smart Dial IR wireless remote
- 2 "AA" batteries
- 6' iPod control cable (with male 8-pin connector on one end and a standard iPod dock connector on the other end)
- 6' XM satellite connecting cable (with male 8-pin connector on one end and a female 8-pin connector on the other end)
- iNPORT module with 56" cable that terminates into 4 connectors (Left and Right audio RCAs/Composite Video/Proprietary Bus terminal)
- 6' Stereo RCA cable
- 43" Stereo 3.5mm minijack cable
- 43" Stereo RCA to stereo minijack cable
- Reverse radar interface module
- 6 Pan-head screws
- Back-support screw
- Rubber boot
- Cleaning Cloth
- Self-adhesive felt pad
- Operation Manual
- Quick Installation Guide
- Bluetooth Mobile Phone Compatibility Chart
- Extended Warranty/Registration Card
- Reverse radar interface installation instructions
Original Entertainment Media GM-5100 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Original Entertainment Media GM-5100
Features & specs
|Backup Camera Input||No|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Alexa Voice Control|
|Memory Card Slot||No|
|Satellite Radio Ready||XM|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||22 watts|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||---|
|Peak Output||60 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)|
|Preamp Voltage||2 volts|
|Key Button Color||Keyed*|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||No|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|FM Sensitivity||8.5 dBf|
|Radio Data System||No|
|Music File Playback|
Compatibility: The OEM (Original Entertainment Media) GM-5100 DVD Multimedia Receiver is designed to fit the following GM vehicles: 2005-07 Buick Terraza, 2005-09 Chevrolet Corvette, 2005-08 Chevrolet Uplander, 2006-09 Hummer H3, 2005-06 Pontiac Montana SV6, and 2005-06 Saturn Relay.
Note: Please check the Crutchfield Out Fit My Car Guide to see if your vehicle is compatible with the GM-5100.
6.5" Motorized Touch Screen Display: The OEM GM-5100 DVD Multimedia Receiver features an integrated 6.5" touch-screen, 16:9 wide-screen LCD display with a CCFL backlight. The unit's 6.5" display offers a 1200 x 234 resolution (280,800 pixels), a 350 cd/m2 brightness, and a 300:1 contrast ratio. The receiver's display offers a 90-degree vertical viewing angle (30-degrees up/60-degrees down) and a 120-degree horizontal viewing angle (60-degrees left/right). The unit's LCD display features brightness, sharpness, contrast, color and tint adjustment.
Hard-Key Controls: In addition to the unit's LCD touch-panel controls, the GM-5100 also features hard-key controls on the front of the unit, such as a Rotary volume knob, Power/Mute button, Eject key, Mode key, and Menu button.
Wireless Remote Controls: The GM-5100 comes supplied with a main IR wireless remote control and a multi-zone IR wireless remote control to operate the main and 2nd zone of your car audio system independently. The unit also comes supplied with an easy-scroll, Smart Dial IR wireless remote control which features two buttons and a scroll wheel.
AM/FM Tuner: The unit features a digital AM/FM tuner with 3 FM bands and 1 AM band that have the capability of manually or automatically storing 36 FM presets and 12 AM presets. The built-in AM/FM tuner also allows you to search radio stations from the unit's touch-panel or remote control. The tuner features an Preview Scan function which allows you to preview the available stations in your area. The unit's tuner also is equipped with a Seek mode that when used with the Local function, only allows radio stations with a strong local radio signals to be played. The tuner features selectable USA, Europe, South America and Asia frequency spacing.
iNPORT Module: In addition to the preamp outputs, A/V auxiliary input, and XM satellite radio inputs found on the rear chassis of the unit, the OEM GM-5100 utilizes a separate iNPORT module for easy connection and disconnection of your portable A/V equipment and portable MP3 player. The iNPORT features a 3.5mm minijack, left and right audio RCA jacks, one composite video jack, and a proprietary iNPORT adapter port for the supplied iPod dock cable. The iNPORT uses an attached 56" Bus-cable that plugs into the rear chassis of the GM-5100 which allows the iNPORT module to be installed under the dash or in other various locations to make hooking-up and unhooking your portable A/V equipment much easier. Dimensions:
Multi-Zone Capability: The GM-5100 has front and rear multi-zone capability, giving you the option of playing an A/V source to front seat passengers and a different audio/video source to rear seat passengers. Rear zone audio is fed to a pair of stereo RCA jacks for use with a wireless headphone system. Rear zone video is sent to two composite video outputs for connecting up to 2 video monitors. You can select the rear source using the remote control or the main unit.
D/A Converter: The GM-5100 is equipped with a high-performance 24-bit, 192kHz digital-to-analog converter for excellent sound quality.
Speaker Setup: The OEM DVD Multimedia Receiver provides the following speaker parameter adjustments to customize your listening experience.
- Speaker Mode: Select from Full 6CH (6-channel mode) or DownMix (2-channel mode); the 5CH setting must be selected to access Speaker Size adjustments.
- Speaker Size: The Front speakers can be set to Large or Small; the Center and Rear speaker set to Large, Small, or none; and the Subwoofer set to Present or None. When a speaker is set to Small its high-pass filter is dependent of the setting of the low-pass filter on the subwoofer output.
- Time Delay: This headunit allows you to adjust the time delay of the center and rear channel speakers. The Center channel can be adjusted to 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 milliseconds while the Rear speakers can be adjusted to 0, 3, 6, 9, 12, or 15 milliseconds.
Audio Control: You can adjust the GM-5100 to meet your acoustical characteristics of your music and vehicle. You can adjust the following audio settings.
- EQ: The multimedia receiver features the following preset EQ modes - Jazz, Pop, Classic, Rock, News, Urban, Rave, Movie, Techno, Flat and User.
- Bass And Treble: When in User mode you can adjust the unit's Bass and Treble settings independently from -7 to +7. You can select which Bass (60, 80, 100, 130, 150, 200Hz) and Treble (10, 12.5, 15, 17kHz) frequency to adjust.
- Fade And Balance: Your vehicle's speakers can be faded and balanced independently from -9 to +9 using the GM-5100.
- Sub Control: You can adjust the unit's subwoofer preamp output low-pass filter from 80, 120 or 160Hz. You can also adjust the subwoofer output's phase to either 0-degrees or 180-degrees to match your car audio speakers. In addition, the Bass Q-Factor can be adjusted to 1.0, 1.25, 1.5, or 2.0 to alter the sharpness of the Bass output. The GM-5100's subwoofer preamp output level can then be adjusted from -7 to +7.
- Loud: This feature enhances both the high and lower frequencies of your music when playing your car audio system at low volumes.
Dynamic Range Compression: This function reduces a Dolby Digital soundtrack's dynamic range so you can hear quieter dialog without being overwhelmed by loud sections. You can choose a setting of On or Off
Surround Sound: The Original Entertainment Media DVD Multimedia Receiver features the following Surround Sound modes.
- Decode Mode: Select from Surround, Matrix, Movie, Music or Off.
- Dimension Control: Changing the Dimension control allows you to adjust the sound stage either towards the front or towards the rear.
- Panorama Mode: This feature extends the front stereo image to include the surround speakers for a wrap around effect.
- Center Channel Width: Center Channel Width allows adjustment of the center image to be heard from the center speaker only, from the Left/Right speaker only as a phantom center image, or various combinations.
Note: The Surround Music decode mod must be selected to activate the Panorama Mode,, or to adjust the Dimension or Center Width control
Source Level: You can adjust the relative volume of the unit source inputs up or down to 7 dB to match the external source's output level. The Source Level can be used for the GM-5100's iPod, Disc, Radio, Satellite, Navigation, Auxiliary, and Bluetooth sources.
Rear View Camera Compatible: The GM-5100 features a composite video input and a green/gray wire lead attached to the harness for connection of a rear view camera. This allows the unit's monitor to automatically switch to Camera mode upon shifting into Reverse. When the reverse driving stops, the monitor returns to its original input display mode. You can choose for the monitor to display a Mirror mode image or a Normal mode image from the rear-view camera.
12 or 24 Hour Clock: You can set the unit to display a 12 or 24 hour clock.
Front Zone Standby: To conserve the LCD backlight lifespan or to eliminate glare while night drive, press the Standby button to black-out the unit's monitor. The monitor screen will be blacked out but all other operations continue to operate.
Internal Cooling Fan: The unit features an internal cooling fan with thermal overheat protection to keep the unit running cool while you listen to hours of your music.
Video Lockout: For safety reasons, you cannot view a video source on the built-in monitor as long as the vehicle is in motion. In order to display video, the unit's parking brake wire (yellow/blue) must be hardwired into the vehicle's parking brake light circuit, and the vehicle's parking brake must be engaged in a preset sequence.
Disc Compatibility: The GM-5100 is compatible with the following disc types - DVD-R DL, DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+RW, CD-R, CD-RW. This unit also supports MP3 and WMA encoded CD/DVD playback.
MP3/WMA Playback: The GM-5100 can play MP3/WMA files with ID3 Tag capability that have been recorded on CD-R, CD-RW, DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R, and DVD+RW discs. The files must be recorded in ISO 9660 level 1/2, Joilet, or Yellow Book Mode 1/2. The unit supports MP3 transfer bit rates of 40-320kbps and WMA transfer bit rates of 40-192kbps. The recommended bit rate is 128kbps or higher and sample frequency of 44.1 kHz or higher for MP3 files. The recommended bit rate is 64kbps or higher and sample frequency of 44kHz or higher for WMA files. Up to 1500 songs/files can be supported from a compatible disc.
Electronic Shock Protection: An internal buffer provides ESP (Electronic Skip Protection) to virtually eliminate skipping for MP3 and WMA playback.
Track Scan (CD-DA discs only): During CD-audio playback you can play the first 5 seconds of each track.
DVD Touch-Screen Controls: While playing a DVD you can press center portions of the unit's touch-screen panel to access hidden controls. The Center Top portion of the screen display DVD track information, while the Center Lower portion of the screen displays the full DVD transport controls at the bottom of the screen. By touching the left top corner of the screen you can access the unit's main menu, while touch the right top corner of the screen accesses the unit's search menu. You can select previous and next chapters of your disc by pressing the middle portion of the left and right portion of the unit's screen.
Direct Chapter or Track Selection: During DVD or CD playback, you can use the numeric keypad on the remote control or on the touch-screen display to access a chapter or track directly.
TV Shape: You can set the unit to display a 4:3 or 16:9 image during DVD playback.
View Mode: You can choose from the following view modes for the unit's LCD monitor - Fill, Original, H-Fit, W-Fit, Fit-To-Screen, Pan-Scan, or Off.
Multi-Angle Display: This function allows you to choose the viewing angle of scenes that were shot from a number of different angles.
Note: This function is limited to DVDs recorded with multiple camera angles.
Parental Lock: The DVD system has a built-in Parental Lock feature to prevent unauthorized persons from viewing restricted disc content. By default, the rating system is unlocked. You can choose from 8 different levels of Parental Lock. Once setup, the parental lock is released only by entering the user 4-digit password.
iPod Controls: The supplied iNPORT iPod cable allows you to connect an iPod to this unit through the supplied iNPORT module's proprietary iNPORT connector. Once an iPod is connected, you can control the iPod from the head unit's touchscreen or remote control. If you have a photo iPod or video iPod, you must use the iPod to control video and photo playback. During music playback, the controls on the iPod are disabled. The unit will automatically switch to iPod mode when an iPod is plugged into the iNPORT using the supplied iNPORT iPod cable. Your iPod will charge when it's connected to the head unit.
Note: Photo and video file playback is only compatible with the iPod video 5th generation. The iPod classic (80/120/160GB), iPod nano (3rd/4th generation), iPod touch (1st/2nd generation), and iPhone/iPhone3G are not compatible at this time with this unit.
XM Satellite Radio Ready: The OEM GM-5100 supports XM Radio via the Terk XMD1000 Universal XM Satellite Radio tuner (209XMD1000, sold separately). The GM-5100 also supports XM Radio via the optional CNP2000UC XMdirect2 Tuner (sold separately) and the Jensen CNPJEN1 Connection Cable (package # 700XMJEN1). In addition, you will need a subscription to XM Satellite Radio. XM Satellite Radio programming offers 170 digital radio channels including 69 channels of commercial free music, plus news, sports, talk, comedy, and other entertainment programming from coast to coast. XM also offers instant traffic and weather alerts for 21 major US cities, as well as live sports broadcasts from Major League Baseball, NHL, the PGA tour, Indy car racing and several major college conferences. XM Satellite radio service is available only within the continental United States. Service is not available in Alaska and Hawaii.
Note: You will need to select the Jensen CD3720XM from the Audiovox XMdirect2 programming chart to program the XMdirect2 Tuner (CNP2000UC) to work with this OEM DVD Multimedia Receiver.
Bluetooth Controls: The OEM GM-5100 features built-in Bluetooth technology and supports the HFP Bluetooth profiles Bluetooth's Hands Free Profile (HFP) allows you to operate your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone, including Apple's iPhone through the GM-5100 without having to pick-up your cell-phone. You can dial and answer phone calls using the GM-5100's touch-screen controls or the supplied IR remote control. You can also select the GM-5100 to automatically answering any incoming calls. Audio from the call can be heard through vehicle's speakers while you carry on your side of the conversation through the integrated microphone built into the front-panel of the GM-5100. You can also transfer the phonebook of your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone wirelessly to the GM-5100, allowing you to view your phonebook on the unit's built-in monitor and use it's touch-screen panel to select the number you want to dial out. In addition, you can make a call from an on-screen list of Dialed Calls, Received Calls and Missed Calls.
Navigation Ready: The optional OEM (Original Entertainment Media) SNAV-1 Hide-Away Navigation Unit is designed to connect to the GM-5100. The SNAV-1 Add-on navigation module features maps of US and Canada with over 11.4 million points of interest on an inserted 2GB SD. The SNAV-1's NavMate Navigation software provides turn-by-turn visual and voice route guidance while traveling to your destination. The software quickly calculates step-by-step directions to any destination available on the included navigation map.
Multimedia Receiver: The following connections are found on the rear chassis of the GM-5100
- 6-Channel Audio Preamp Outputs: This unit has six audio preamp outputs on 6" pigtails attached to the rear chassis: front left and right, center, rear (surround) left and right, and mono-subwoofer.
- Aux AV Input: The Aux Input consists of left and right RCA audio jacks and an RCA composite video jack on 4" pigtails attached to the rear chassis, allowing you to connect external A/V equipment to this head unit and to the iNPORT module.
- Multi-Zone A/V Output: Composite video and stereo RCA outputs to connect unit to an external monitor for a second zone.
- Video Output: Composite video connector used to connect receiver to an external monitor.
- Camera: Single RCA composite video input used to connect a backup camera.
- iPod Bus Cable: Proprietary Bus connection that connects to the attached cable of the supplied iNPORT module which then connects to the supplied iPod dock cable.
- NAV Connector: Proprietary multi-pin input for connection of optional OEM Navigation Unit (SNAV-1, sold separately).
- Antenna: Motorola antenna input for connection of factory Toyota antenna.
- Parking Brake: The yellow/blue parking brake wire is used to connect to your parking brake light wire (video on the LCD monitor can only be displayed when this unit's parking brake wire senses that the parking brake has been engaged in the vehicle).
- IR In: Gray wire for connection of the supplied JIA-GM Reverse Radar interface module. (steering wheel control adapter for China's Buick GL-8 vehicle; it won't work with US GM vehicles)
iNPORT Module Connections: The iNPORT Module has the following connections:
- iNPORT Cable: Attached 56" iNPORT cable with proprietary iNPORT Bus connector, left and right RCA connectors and a composite video connector that plugs into the rear chassis of the GM-5100
- iPod: round 8-pin jack that connects to an optional iPod using the optional iNPORT/iPod dock connector adapter cable
- A/V Connections: Left and Right RCA stereo audio jacks and one Composite video RCA jack for the connection of external A/V equipment.
- 3.5mm Minijack: 3.5mm minijack port for connection of your portable audio or MP3 player.