About the TEAC TN-3B-SE
A well-built belt-drive turntable
A well-built belt-drive turntable
The TEAC TN-3B-SE turntable offers similar build quality to some of the company's higher-end turntables, at a more value-conscious price. The lightweight S-shaped aluminum tonearm, for instance, was developed in collaboration with legendary tonearm manufacturer SAEC Corporation. It's a major bragging point that can also be found on the pricier direct-drive TN-4D-SE turntable. A built-in phono preamp lets you connect directly to just about any receiver, integrated amp, or powered speakers, without having to buy any extra gear.
The factory-installed Audio-Technica AT-VM95E moving magnet cartridge offers excellent performance, and the plinth features a honeycomb-patterned bottom panel that minimizes unwanted vibrations. Where most belt-drive turntables use a belt that wraps around the base of the platter, this 'table uses a wide-diameter design that grips the outside of the platter for even greater rotational and speed stability.
- large-diameter belt drive design for excellent rotational stability
- lightweight static-balance S-shaped aluminum tonearm reads grooves accurately
- designed in collaboration with SAEC, a high-end tonearm manufacturer
- factory-installed Audio-Technica AT-VM95E moving magnet cartridge
- knife-edge pivot-point tonearm bearing for very accurate motion
- precision anti-skating and stylus pressure adjustment
- high-density plinth with shock-absorbing feet
- honeycomb-patterned bottom panel minimizes unwanted vibrations
- die-cast aluminum platter for excellent speed stability
- built-in switchable phono preamp
- gold-plated stereo RCA output with ground terminal
- 33-1/3 and 45 rpm speeds
- frequency response with included cartridge: 20-22,000 Hz
- signal-to-noise ratio: 67 dB
- wow and flutter: 0.2%
Dimensions and warranty:
- 16-9/16"W x 4-916"H x 14-3/4"D (with dust cover down)
- weight: 11.1 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # TN-3BSEB
What's in the box:
- Cartridge/stylus with headshell
- Dust cover (pre-installed)
- 45 RPM adapter
- AC power adapter (attached 59" DC cord)
- 3 AC plug adapters (US/UK/EU)
- 39" Stereo RCA cable
- Owner's Manual
- AC Plug Instruction Manual
TEAC TN-3B-SE reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
This review was collected as part of a promotion
More details on the TEAC TN-3B-SE
Features & specs
|45 RPM Adapter||Yes|
|Power Cable||Detachable (12-volt DC adapter)|
|Materials and Construction|
|Tone Arm Shape||S-shaped|
|Tone Arm Material||Aluminum|
|Tone Arm Lift||Finger, Lever|
|Tracking Weight||2.0 g (20mN)|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||67|
|Wow and Flutter||0.2|
|Dimensions and Warranty|
|Turntable Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Turntable Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Cartridge Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Cartridge Labor Warranty||1 Year|
2-Speed Belt Drive Turntable: The TEAC TN-3B-SE is a manual belt-drive turntable that is powered by a high torque DC motor, while a precision stainless steel spindle and durable brass spindle holder maintain accurate rotation speed. A belt-drive arrangement is employed in order to minimize any motor cogging effects by driving the outer rim of the platter (which has a larger diameter, mass, and surface area). The TN-3B supports 33-1/3 RPM and 45 RPM (adapter included) for LP and EP records.
High-Density MDF Plinth & Shock-Absorbing Feet: The TN-3B-SE features a robust, high-density MDF plinth (base) that rests on four shock-absorbing feet to minimize unwanted vibration and resonance. The insulating feet comprise a machined aluminum shell, topped with a rubber cushion that is fixed to the high-density MDF plinth. Thanks to their excellent shock absorption characteristics, the TN-3B-SE is very resistant to acoustic feedback. In order to achieve a sleek cabinet design without compromising rigidity, the bottom panel of the base is imprinted with a honeycomb pattern that minimizes unwanted vibrations. Also included is a 12" (30cm) high inertia aluminum die-cast platter and soft felt mat that further reduces vibration effectively. Together, the high-density MDF plinth, die-cast aluminum platter, felt mat, and shock-absorbing feet minimize vibrations and resonance for clearer sound when you playback your vinyl collection.
S-Shaped Static-Balanced Tonearm: The TN-3B-SE's 8.8125" (223mm) S-shaped, static-balanced aluminum tonearm from SAEC (a high-end tonearm manufacturer) employs a knife-edge, pivot-point bearing. Unlike standard tonearms with conventional bearings, any fine vertical movements that take place in this tonearm actually help in delivering a more dynamic sound with excellent resolution.
- Counterweight & Anti-Skating: The static-balanced, S-shape tone-arm is equipped with a counterweight for precise stylus-pressure adjustment, as well as an anti-skating mechanism for accurate tracking force adjustment, allowing the cartridge to accurately play any quality vinyl record.
- Universal Head-Shell Fitting: The S-shaped tone-arm also employs a universal head-shell fitting, allowing you to quickly and easily swap cartridges/head-shells, and supports a wide range of cartridge weights (from 14-23g / 0.5-0.8 oz).
Audio-Technica AT-VMN95E Cartridge: A VM-type cartridge, the AT-VM95E, manufactured by Audio-Technica with an elliptical-shaped stylus tip and universal head-shell is included. You'll need to mount the AT-VM95E cartridge and headshell onto the TN-3B-SE's tonearm. This VM-series cartridge is a MM (Moving Magnet) type design. It offers excellent channel separation and low distortion for well-balanced, natural sound and outstanding tonal quality.
Switchable Phono MM Preamp: The TEAC TN-3B-SE features a built-in Phono MM preamp that allows you to connect the turntable to a line-level or Phono MM input of your AV receiver, integrated amplifier, or powered speakers. The Phono EQ amplifier employs a hi-fi quality NJM8080 op-amp chip (designed by JRC) which boosts the low-level signals from the phono cartridge up to Line-level. Turn the built-in Phono preamp "On" to connect the turntable to a line-level input of your receiver or amplifier. Turn the built-in Phono preamp "Thru" to connect the turntable to a Phono input of your receiver or amplifier.
Gold-Plated Stereo RCA Outputs: The TEAC TN-3B-SE turntable is outfitted with a set of stereo RCA outputs to connect to your AV receiver, integrated amplifier, or powered speakers. The stereo RCA outputs are gold-plated to prevent oxidation and ensure years of reliable performance with excellent audio fidelity.
Dust Cover: The TEAC TN-3B-SE comes with a detachable, hinged dust cover to protect the turntable and your vinyl records from dust and debris.
Fast shipping of a GREAT product. Easy to unpack. Set up in less than 16 minutes. Makes my system sound and look good.Berst purchase I have made in quite some time.
Paul from Phoenix, AZ