About the TEAC TN-4D-SE
An elegant direct-drive turntable
An elegant direct-drive turntable
The TEAC TN-4D-SE turntable is built to make records sound amazing, and it looks good, to boot. It features an ultra-stable direct-drive motor that offers high torque performance, and a solid plinth with shock-absorbing feet to minimize vibration. A brushless DC motor delivers crystal-locked speed accuracy, and the die-cast aluminum platter offers excellent speed stability at 33-1/3 and 45 rpm.
The lightweight S-shaped aluminum tonearm was developed in collaboration with legendary tonearm manufacturer SAEC Corporation. It includes a factory-installed Sumiko Oyster moving magnet cartridge that reads record grooves very accurately. A built-in phono preamp lets you connect directly to just about any receiver, integrated amp, or powered speakers.
- ultra-stable direct-drive motor offers high-torque performance
- lightweight static-balance S-shaped aluminum tonearm reads grooves accurately
- designed in collaboration with SAEC, a high-end tonearm manufacturer
- factory-installed Sumiko Oyster moving magnet cartridge on removable headshell
- frequency response 30-20,000 Hz
- knife-edge pivot-point tonearm bearing for very accurate motion
- precision anti-skating and stylus pressure adjustment
- high-density plinth with shock-absorbing feet
- die-cast aluminum platter for excellent speed stability
- brushless DC motor with crystal-locked speed accuracy
- built-in switchable phono preamplifier for moving magnet cartridges
- when switch is set to ON, turntable must be connected to a standard line input (labeled AUX, CD, or TAPE)
- when switch is set to THRU, turntable must be connected to an outboard phono preamp or dedicated phono input
- gold-plated stereo RCA output with ground terminal
- 33-1/3 and 45 rpm speeds
- frequency response with included cartridge: 30-20,000 Hz
- signal-to-noise ratio: 67 dB
- wow and flutter: 0.1%
Dimensions and warranty:
- 16-1/2"W x 4-9/16"H x 14-3/4"D (with dust cover down)
- weight: 13.5 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # TN-4DSEWA
What's in the box:
- Cartridge/stylus with headshell
- 45 RPM adapter
- Dust cover
- 2 Hinges
- AC power adapter (attached 59" DC cord)
- 3 AC plug adapters (US/UK/EU)
- 39" Stereo RCA cable
- Owner's Manual
- AC Plug Instruction Manual
TEAC TN-4D-SE reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
This review was collected as part of a promotion
More details on the TEAC TN-4D-SE
Features & specs
|45 RPM Adapter||Yes|
|Power Cable||Detachable (12-volt DC adapter)|
|Materials and Construction|
|Tone Arm Shape||S-shaped|
|Tone Arm Material||Aluminum|
|Tone Arm Lift||Finger, Lever|
|Included Cartridge||Sumiko Oyster|
|Tracking Weight||2.3 g (23mN)|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||67|
|Wow and Flutter||0.1|
|Dimensions and Warranty|
|Turntable Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Turntable Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Cartridge Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Cartridge Labor Warranty||1 Year|
2-Speed Direct Drive Turntable: The TEAC TN-4D-SE is a direct drive turntable that is powered by a newly-developed brushless DC servo motor. This brushless DC servo motor is regulated by a computer-controlled feedback circuit to achieve exceptional speed stability and smooth rotation with low wow-and-flutter levels (0.1%), while also eliminating cogging and distortion. The TN-4D-SE supports 33-1/3 RPM and 45 RPM (adapter included) for LP and EP records.
High-Density MDF Plinth & Shock-Absorbing Feet: The TN-4D-SE features a robust, high-density MDF plinth (base) that rests on four shock-absorbing feet to minimize unwanted vibration and resonance. The insulating feet comprise a machined aluminum shell, topped with a rubber cushion that is fixed to the high-density MDF plinth. Thanks to their excellent shock absorption characteristics, the TN-4D-SE is very resistant to acoustic feedback. In order to achieve a sleek cabinet design without compromising rigidity, the bottom panel of the base is imprinted with a honeycomb pattern that minimizes unwanted vibrations. Also included is a 12" (300mm) high inertia aluminum die-cast platter and soft felt mat that further reduces vibration effectively. Together, the high-density MDF plinth, die-cast aluminum platter, felt mat, and shock-absorbing feet minimize vibrations and resonance for clearer sound when you playback your vinyl collection.
S-Shaped Static-Balanced Tonearm: The TN-4D-SE's 8.8125" (223mm) S-shaped, static-balanced aluminum tonearm from SAEC (a high-end tonearm manufacturer) employs a knife-edge, pivot-point bearing. Unlike standard tonearms with conventional bearings, any fine vertical movements that take place in this tonearm actually help in delivering a more dynamic sound with excellent resolution.
- Counterweight & Anti-Skating: The static-balanced, S-shape tone-arm is equipped with a counterweight for precise stylus-pressure adjustment, as well as an anti-skating mechanism for accurate tracking force adjustment, allowing the cartridge to accurately play any quality vinyl record.
- Universal Head-Shell Fitting: The S-shaped tone-arm also employs a universal head-shell fitting, allowing you to quickly and easily swap cartridges/head-shells, and supports a wide range of cartridge weights (from 14-23g / 0.5-0.8 oz).
SUMIKO Oyster MM Cartridge: The TEAC TN-4D-SE comes with the well-regarded Oyster MM cartridge from SUMIKO, a legendary American cartridge manufacturer. The SUMIKO Oyster is a moving magnet (MM) phono cartridge with an alloy cantilever and bonded spherical stylus. The Oyster series cartridge offers superior construction and sound quality with an emphasis on real world performance. The SUMIKO Oyster MM cartridge will deliver a powerful soundstage, regardless of what vinyl music you pick.
Switchable Phono MM Preamp: The TEAC TN-4D-SE features a built-in Phono MM preamp that allows you to connect the turntable to a line-level or Phono MM input of your AV receiver, integrated amplifier, or powered speakers. The Phono EQ amplifier employs a hi-fi quality NJM8080 op-amp chip (designed by JRC) which boosts the low-level signals from the phono cartridge up to line-level strength. Turn the built-in Phono preamp "On" to connect the turntable to a line-level input of your receiver or amplifier. Turn the built-in Phono preamp "Thru" to connect the turntable to a Phono input of your receiver or amplifier.
Gold-Plated Stereo RCA Outputs: The TEAC TN-4D-SE turntable is outfitted with a set of stereo RCA outputs to connect to your AV receiver, integrated amplifier, or powered speakers. The stereo RCA outputs are gold-plated to prevent oxidation and ensure years of reliable performance with excellent audio fidelity.
Dust Cover: The TEAC TN-4D-SE comes with a detachable, hinged dust cover to protect the turntable and your vinyl records from dust and debris.
1 question already asked
It's been a long time since I've had a turntable. This one fits the need to listen to all my old LPs and 45's. It's an all manual that looks great. The sound quality is excellent. I'll be breaking out of storage all my old records and spending some time reminiscing the good old days.
Royal from Richmond, VA