About the TEAC Reference Series AG-H380
When you've devoted time to building a music collection, versatility is key. The TEAC AG-H380 compact receiver easily connects to your CD player, turntable, tape deck, and more. And with TEAC's solid reputation for great build and sound quality, you can expect years of enjoyment.
Great digital playback...
Connect your iPod® to the 'H380's USB port for direct digital playback. The signal bypasses the iPod's made-for-earbuds audio circuitry in favor of TEAC's hi-fi processor for a difference you can hear. The 'H380 also provides control of the iPod using the included remote. And the song or file information from your player or thumb drive appears on the 'H380 display.
...and great digital recording
Here's a very cool feature. You can record directly onto a USB thumb drive from your turntable, CD player, radio or other source. You can even set the internal timer to record programs from the radio for later listening. All recording is done in the MP3 format so you will fit hours and hours of your favorites on a single drive.
What we heard
A demo of the 'H380 in our acoustically challenging training room proved this receiver to be an accomplished performer. We found its handling of digital music files to be polished and sharp, whether from a thumb drive or iPod®. The amplifier worked impressively with a pair of PSB Image B5 speakers. We were particularly delighted with the level of bass control that gave us a great listening experience with or without a sub attached.
From the review TEAC AG-H380 and PSB Image B5 speakers — small system, big sound
"In the short time that I had the TEAC AG-H380 system at home, my family and I came to truly love having it in the living room. Its small size, unobtrusive good looks, and surprising sound quality won my wife over immediately. While I have no doubt that the AG-H380 could play well with other small, reasonably efficient speakers (and I know that the B5s sound fantastic with other receivers), the combination of these two together achieves such a synergy, that it almost seems as if they were made to go together."
—Dave B.,Crutchfield Audio/Video Writer
- 40 watts x 2 (stereo) into 6 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.5% THD
- 5 audio inputs (including MM phono)
- 1 mono RCA output for powered subwoofer
- USB port for audio playback from iPod®,USB flash drives, hard disk drives, and portable USB music players
- plays MP3 and WMA files
- 24 bit/192kHz DAC
- real-time and timer recording of analog sources to USB thumb drive (not included)
- 60 AM/FM station presets
- RDS capability for radio text (where available)
- remote control
- binding post speaker connectors
- headphone jack
- sleep timer
- 8-7/16"W x 4-5/16"H x 13-1/8"D
- weight: 10 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # AG-H380
What's in the box:
TEAC Reference Series AG-H380 owner's manual
- Stereo receiver
- 76" AC power cord
- RC-1225 Wireless remote control
- 2 "AAA" Batteries
- AM loop antenna
- FM Wire antenna
- Owner's manual (English/ French/ Spanish)
- Warranty information
- iPod compatibility note
- Left/Right balance note
TEAC Reference Series AG-H380 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
This review was collected as part of a promotion
More details on the TEAC Reference Series AG-H380
Features & specs
Tuner: The AM/FM tuner can store up to 30 AM and 30 FM presets.
iPod Compatibility: The AG-H380 is Made for iPod compliant; using a USB to iPod Dock cable plugged into the rear panel USB port, music can be played directly from an iPod, bypassing the iPod's D/A converter. The iPod is controlled by the receiver and elapsed time or text (song, artist, album) appears on the display. A direct mode can also be engaged to use the controls and display on the iPod. iPod compatibility is as follows (as of October 2010):
|iPod/iPhone Model||Generation||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||Charge|
|Audio||Video Out||Remote Control||iPod/iPhone||Song/Artist Text||Track Info|
Note: Apple iPod software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the device and your iPod to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to revert to the older software version or wait until an newer software update is available.
MP3/WMA: Instead of an iPod, a USB memory device containing MP3 or WMA files can by connected to the rear panel USB port. Compatible devices include USB flash drives, MP3 players (no specific compatibility information available), and USB hard drives (formatted Fat 16 or Fat 32 only, not NTFS). Like an iPod, the USB device is controlled by the receiver and text information or elapsed time appears on the display. The USB input is compatible with MP3 files up to 320 kbps and WMA files up to 192 kbps and will recognize up to 2,000 files on the drive.
USB Recording: Audio can be recorded on a connected USB device from the tuner or a source component connected to the Aux, CD, or Phono input.
Record Out: The Aux 1 input has a corresponding output (stereo RCA) for connecting a recording component; cassette deck, CD recorder, etc.
Sleep Timer: The sleep timer turns the unit off after a delay of 10 to 90 minutes (adjustable in 10 minute increments).
Timer: The AG-H380 has a built-in clock and daily timer, so it can be used as an alarm clock. The timer can also be used to record to a connected USB memory device.
Dimmer: The display has three brightness settings; Bright, Dim, and Off.
- Speakers: the speaker binding posts will accept single banana plugs, pin connectors, and bare wire; a plastic collar prevents their use with spade lugs and they are positioned too far apart to be used with dual banana plugs
- Phono Input: stereo RCA input jacks and a signal ground post; compatible with moving magnet phono cartridges
- Aux 1: stereo RCA input and output jacks; used for playback and recording
- Aux 2: stereo RCA input jacks
- CD: stereo RCA input jacks
- USB: female type A; compatible with select iPods, flash memory, MP3 players, and hard drives
- Subwoofer Out: single RCA preamp output; mono, full range
- Remote Control: not used on this unit (single RCA jack)
- AC Outlets: two switched AC outlets; max 100 watts total
- Power: AC input for use with included cord; polarized C-8 jack (compatible with aftermarket polarized C-7 cord)
- Antenna Input:
- FM: threaded F-connector
- AM: spring terminals
- Headphone: 3.5mm (1/8") headphone jack; speaker and subwoofer outputs are muted when headphones are plugged in
Continuous Power: 40 watts x 2 into a 6Ω load, measured at 1 kHz with no more than 0.5% THD
- Phono: 2.5 mV/47 Ω
- Aux/CD: 200 mV/47 kΩ
- FM: 65 dB mono/60 dB stereo
- AM: 35 dB
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz-20 kHz (+/-2 dB)
- Signal/Noise: more than 85 dB
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz-15 kHz (+/-2 dB)
- Signal/Noise: more than 85 dB
Best Frequency Response: 20 Hz-60 kHz (+1/-3 dB)
Power Requirement: 120V AC 60Hz
Power Consumption: 85 watts (0.5 watts in standby)
This is last years model but buy it before they sell out. I was truly amazed at the sound. Mine sits bedside and I listen with my PSB headphones ALL purchased at Crutchfield..
Victor K from Lake Worth,Fl