About the TEAC TN-400S
This analog turntable thrives in a digital world
The TEAC TN-400 provides RCAs to connect to your amp or powered speakers, and a USB port lets you digitize your favorite tracks for archiving on your computer.
This analog turntable thrives in a digital world
We just love a design that's stylish and practical, and the TEAC TN-400S is a good example of that. It's beautiful to look at, with a gorgeous wood finish, precision-milled aluminum controls, and a graceful S-shaped tonearm.
On the practical side, the built-in phono preamp allows you to connect directly to just about any amplifier or receiver, and a dedicated USB output makes it easy to transfer your albums to your Mac® or Windows® PC for digital archiving. Once you save your favorite classic tunes to your hard drive, they're ready to go with you on your smartphone or other portable listening device.
Hear music, not noise
It's truly impressive how much clever engineering goes into something so pretty to look at. Under the turntable's polished exterior is a heavy MDF base designed to resist external vibration. The turntable's dense die-cast aluminum platter spins on a polished stainless steel spindle and bronze bushing that minimize friction for smooth, silent rotation. Its variable-speed belt-drive system isolates motor vibration, and its ability to play 33-1/3, 45, and 78 rpm discs will delight serious vinyl collectors. The curved aluminum tonearm — equipped with a pre-mounted moving-magnet cartridge — ensures super-accurate tracking and satisfying, rich tonal accuracy.
Enjoy soulful vinyl sound with minimal setup
You want to spend as little time possible setting up your system so you can get to the joy of listening. That's why the TN-400S comes out of the box virtually ready to play. Its pre-matched, factory-mounted phono cartridge and tonearm take the guesswork out of installation, and give you optimized sound quality with minimal effort. A few simple steps to dial in key settings like tracking force and anti-skating are all it takes to get this 'table primed and ready to go.
- built-in phono preamp with line-level audio and integrated USB output (Windows® and Mac® compatible)
- recording software not included (TEAC recommends Audacity, a free sound recording and editing software program available at audacity.sourceforge.net)
- RCA analog output is switchable (LINE/PHONO) for use with external phono preamps
- 12" aluminum die-cast platter with felt mat to protect records from scratches
- S-shaped tonearm with universal headshell for improved tracking
- includes pre-mounted moving magnet cartridge
- low-friction spindle reduces platter drag for more consistent speed and enhanced tonal accuracy
- high-density MDF base minimizes unwanted resonance for better sound
- high-torque DC motor
- detachable dust cover
- fully manual operation
- 33-1/3, 45, and 78 rpm speeds
- rotation speed variation: ±2%
- wow and flutter: 0.2%
- signal-to-noise ratio: 67 dB
- gold-plated RCA audio jacks
- 16-9/16"W x 4-5/8"H (with dust cover down) x 14-9/16"D
- weight: 10.8 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # TN-400 - WN
What's in the box:
- AC power adapter (w/ attached 58" DC cord)
- 3 AC plug inserts (US/EU/UK)
- 39" Stereo RCA cable
- Felt mat
- 45 RPM adapter
- Headshell w/ cartridge
- Dust cover w/ 2 hinges (pre-installed)
- Owner's Manual
- Warranty Card
- AC power adapter instructions
TEAC TN-400S reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the TEAC TN-400S
Precision Belt-Drive Turntable: The TEAC TN-400S turntable features a Neoprene coated, high-inertia aluminum die-cast platter driven by a high torque-DC motor and a newly designed, low-friction spindle delivering precise speed consistency and tonal accuracy.
3-Speeds: The TN-400S will play LPs, EPs, and singles at 33-1/3, 45 and 78 RPM*.
* A special cartridge/stylus assembly (sold separately) is recommended for playing 78 RPM records.
Heavy MDF Plinth: The turntable's heavy MDF plinth is designed to minimize unwanted resonance, while the sleek, walnut or matte bordeaux finishes deliver a sophisticated and stylish accent to fit decor design.
S-Shaped Tone-Arm: The static-balanced S-shape tone-arm with Universal head-shell ensures fast and easy setup and delivers excellent tracking.
Audio-Technica AT100E MM Cartridge: The TN-400S comes with a replaceable audio-technica AT100E MM equivalent cartridge designed for highly accurate reading.As soon as you set up the TN-400S you can enjoy the high quality sound with outstanding clarity and detail.
Built-in Phono Equalizer w/ Phono & Line Output: Thanks to its built-in MM Phono equalizer amplifier, the TN-400S supports Phono or Line output which allows you to play vinyl with a stereo that is or isn't equipped with Phono input.
Gold-Plated Terminals: A pair of gold-plated RCA connectors are employed for reliable, durable connection to your receiver's Line Level or Phono input. Gold-plated terminals on the headshell connectors prevent oxidation of the head shell connectors and help to ensure years of reliable performance and to deliver stunning audio fidelity.
USB Port For Digital Recording: You can transfer music from vinyl records to your Mac computer or Windows PC, using the turntable's USB 2.0 digital output and its built-in A/D converter. The TI-made A/D converter allows you to transfer music via USB to your Windows PC or Mac computer, so you can digitize your vinyl collection. CD quality (16-bit/48kHz) digital archiving preserves your vinyl collection on your computer or laptop.
Supported Operating Systems: Computers running the following operating system can be connected by USB to this turntable.
- Window OS: Windows 7 (32-bit/64-bit), Windows 8 (32-bit/64-bit), Windows 8.1 (32-bit/64-bit), Windows 10 (32-bit/64-bit)
- Mac OS X: OS X Lion (10.7), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8), OS X Mavericks (10.9), OS X Yosemite (10.10), OS X El Capitan (10.11), macOS Sierra (10.12)
Note: This unit will run with standard OS driver, so there is no need to install a special driver.
Dust Cover: The TEAC TN-400S comes with a detachable dust cover.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
6 questions already asked