About the Boston Acoustics GT-2200
High Power at Low Impedance
High Power at Low Impedance
Boston Acoustics builds versatility and power into their GT Reference Series amps, so they'll deliver clean, dynamic performance in any kind of system. A high-current design combines with highly efficient output transistors to allow these amps to drive low-impedance loads safely, so you can get more out of your system.
Drive speaker set or sub
The GT-2200 puts out 200 watts RMS per channel to a pair of speakers, and Q-Tune technology lets you adjust the sound of your full-range speakers to blend in better with your subwoofer. In single-channel mode, you can send up to 900 watts RMS to a subwoofer plenty of juice to give your music tremendous impact.
Boston Acoustics uses high-quality components that allow this amp to respond with lightning speed you'll really notice the difference with percussive sounds like drums and piano. A computer-controlled diagnostic system monitors and protects against overheating, excessive voltage, and short circuits, so you'll get years of dependable musical enjoyment out of this amp.
- 2-channel car amplifier
- 200 watts RMS x 2 at 4 ohms (350 watts RMS x 2 at 2 ohms)
- 1-ohm stable in stereo mode (450 watts RMS x 2 at 1 ohm)
- 700 watts RMS x 1 bridged output at 4 ohms (900 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms)
- CEA-2006 compliant
- variable high-pass filter (20-350 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- variable low-pass filter (50-250 Hz, 12/24 dB/octave)
- Q-Tune technology for crossover adjustment
- cooling fan
- frequency response: 10-95K Hz
- preamp-level inputs
- fuse rating: 70A x 1
- 4-gauge power and ground leads recommended wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- adjustable mounting feet
- 18-5/8"W x 2-3/8"H x 9"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # GT-2200
What's in the box:
- 2-Channel amplifier with a 70-amp AFS fuse installed
- 4 Self-tapping screws (4mm x 20mm)
- 3mm Hex wrench
- 2mm Hex wrench
- 0.250 Female quick-slide
- Owner's Manual (English)
- Owner's Manual (Spanish)
Boston Acoustics GT-2200 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Boston Acoustics GT-2200
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||
200 x 2 |
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||N/A|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||350 x 2|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||700 x 1|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||2|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||1|
|Best Frequency Response||10-95k Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||100 dB|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-350|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12, 24 dB/oct|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||20-350|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/oct|
|Bass Boost Frequency||N/A|
|Fuse Rating||70 x 1 (AFS)|
|Speaker Level Inputs||No|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
GT-series Amplifiers: The Boston Acoustics GT-2200 amplifier is part of the GT-series of amplifiers, which feature high efficiency and output stages that deliver increased power into lower impedances, and maximum dynamics and transient response. The advanced fan cooling system allows you to mount the GT-series amps in varied positions. The low profile design and adjustable mounting feet make installation in tight locations much easier.
1-Ohm Stable: The GT-2200 can be connected to loads with impedances as low as 1 Ohm stereo or 2 Ohms mono. The lower the impedance, the higher the output power:
- 200 watts x 2 @ 4 ohm stereo
- 350 watts x 2 @ 2 ohm stereo
- 450 watts x 2 @ 1 ohm stereo
- 700 watts x 1 @ 4 ohm mono
- 900 watts x 1 @ 2 ohm mono
Top-mounted AFS Fuse: The amp is equipped with a 70-amp AFS-type fuse, located on the top panel under the removable cover. The fuse is held in place by 2 Phillips-head screws.
Adjustable Mounting Feet: The mounting feet on the GT-2200 can slide along the front and rear edges, allowing you to adjust the mounting points of the amplifier. The feet can adjust between 3/4" and 16-1/8".
Top-mounted Controls: The amplifier has controls conveniently mounted on the top panel under a removable cover. The controls include:
- Signal: This 2-way switch allows you to choose the type of input signal: "Stereo" or "Mono" (if "Mono" is selected, the left channel input only is used)
- GT-RSL: This 2-way switch allows you to turn on or off the optional Remote Subwoofer Level Controller (item # 065GTRSL--see below).
- Low-pass Filter: The amp has a rotary control to select the cutoff frequency between 50 Hz and 350 Hz. In addition, a 3-way switch lets you select a slope of 12 dB/octave stereo, 12 dB/octave mono, or 24 dB/octave mono. A second 2-way switch lets you turn the low-pass filter "On" or "Off".
- High-pass Filter: Using the rotary control, you can select a cutoff frequency between 20 Hz and 350 Hz. A 2-way switch allows you to turn the high-pass filter On or Off.
- Q-Tune: Once the high-pass crossover point has been determined, you can use the rotary Q-Tune control to increase the bass information centered around the crossover point.
- Input Sensitivity: You can adjust the level of the input signal with this rotary control. Range is 0.2 Volts to 8.0 Volts.
Remote Subwoofer Level (GT-RSL): The GT-2200 has a front-mounted port for connecting the optional GT-RSL Remote Subwoofer Level Controller for GT Amplifiers (065GTRSL, sold separately). When the GT-RSL is connected and switched on, you can control the level of the subwoofer independent of the main sound system volume control. The GT-RSL has a 4-meter cable and a dash-mountable rotary control knob.
Front-mounted Terminals: The GT-2200 has all of the cable connections on the front of the amplifier for a clean installation. The terminals include:
- Input: Left and right RCA jacks for the input signal from the head unit.
- Remote: A 0.25" male quick slide for connecting the remote turn-on lead from the head unit. A 0.25" female quick slide is included for terminating your remote lead.
- GT-RSL: A multi-pin port, covered by a removable plate, for connecting an optional GT-RSL Remote Subwoofer Level Controller (065GTRSL).
- Speaker Outputs: Two pairs of set-screw terminals are provided for connecting a pair of speakers. The terminals can accept up to 12-gauge wire. The set screws can be tightened/loosened with the supplied 2mm Hex wrench. Note: You must first remove the top cover in order to access the set screws for the speaker and power terminals.
- Power Input: Two set-screw terminals are provided for connecting the power and ground cables. The terminals can accept up to 4-gauge wire, and 4-gauge wire is recommended. The set screws can be tightened/loosened with the supplied 3mm Hex wrench.