About the Boston Acoustics SR60
Boston Acoustics SR Series speakers bring exceptional sound quality to your car. These speakers handle high power with ease, and deliver amazing detail that you've probably never heard before, even with your favorite tracks.
The SR60 component system features a strong 6-1/2" copolymer woofer that can deliver the bass beat with ease. A heatsink cooling system ensures the motor assembly won't overheat, no matter how long or hard you push it. A small but powerful neodymium magnet keeps the mounting depth shallow so you can fit your SR speaker in lots of different vehicles. Mounting options include several ring adapters, making it even easier to put these speakers in more locations, along with grilles that add a stylish touch to your custom installation.
The separate soft dome tweeter disperses high notes in an especially wide pattern everyone hears natural-sounding music, no matter where they're sitting. The 1" tweeter can be either surface- or flush-mounted to match your installation preference. The external crossover, with its 3-level tweeter control, ensures that the tweeter and woofer mesh together perfectly for a smooth response.
- component speaker system includes 2 woofers, 2 tweeters, and 2 crossovers
- 6-1/2" copolymer woofer with rubber surround
- 1" Kortec® dome tweeter with flush- and angle-mount options
- external detachable crossover with bi-wire and bi-amp options
- tweeter attenuation circuits (0, -2, -4 dB)
- grilles included
- power range: 2-85 watts RMS (250 watts peak power)
- frequency response 45-20,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 90 dB
- mounting rings included for 6-3/4" and 6-1/2" applications
- top-mount depth: 2-7/16"
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # SR60
What's in the box:
- 2 Woofers
- 2 Tweeters
- 2 Woofer crossovers
- 2 Tweeter crossovers
- Two 7/16" Spacer rings
- Two 3-Hole 6-1/2" Adapter rings
- Two multi-hole 6-3/4" Adapter rings
- 2 Woofer grilles
- 2 Woofer grille frames
- 2 Tweeter grilles
- 4 Woofer gaskets
- Two 5' lengths of tweeter speaker wire (each with female quick slides on one end and bare wire on the other)
- 2 Tweeter flush mounts
- Two 2-piece tweeter angle mounts
- Twenty 1" Self-tapping screws
- 8 Metal speed clips
- Four 1/2" Self-tapping screws
- Two 3/8" Tweeter housing screws
- Eight M4x20mm Machine screws
- Six M4x8mm Machine screws
- Six 1/8" Nylon spacer/washers
- Two 2-piece metal tweeter spring mounting clips
- 2.5mm Hex key
- Installation Instructions
- Warranty sheet
- Product Registration card
Boston Acoustics SR60 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Boston Acoustics SR60
Features & specs
|Woofer Surround||Butyl Rubber|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
|Sensitivity (1W at 1 meter)||90|
|Sensitivity at 2.83 volts||N/A|
|Frequency Response||45 - 22k Hz|
|Minimum RMS Wattage||2|
|Maximum RMS Wattage||85|
|Peak Power Handling (Watts)||250|
|Top-mount Depth (Inches)||2 7/16|
|Bottom-mount Depth (Inches)||N/A|
|Cutout Diameter or Length (inches)||5|
|Mounting Height (Inches)||0.447|
Woofer: The SR60 component system is equipped with copolymer woofers with butyl rubber surrounds. Each woofer is equipped with a neodymium magnet, which has a high power-to-weight ratio and a compact size about one-tenth the size of traditional iron-ferrite magnets. The dual-stage aluminum heat sink is integrated into the motor structure to draw heat away from the voice coil increasing the power handling capability.
Tweeter: The SR60 component system features 1" Type S-1 Kortec soft-dome tweeters for a smooth high frequency response and linearity. Kortec is a specially engineered material with the rigidity of a composite dome and the smoothness and detailed response of cloth. The supplied Quick-fit mounting cup simplifies tweeter installation. The tweeters come with flush and angled surface mount brackets.
|Frame Diameter||Cutout Diameter||Mounting Height||Mounting Depth|
|Angled Surface Mount||1.872"||Screw holes only||1.505"||Screw depth only|
Crossover: The SR60 system comes with two-way adjustable crossovers. Additionally, each crossover comes in two pieces (a woofer crossover and a tweeter crossover), and can be mounted separately or docked together and mounted as one piece. The following adjustments can be made on each crossover:
- Tweeter Attenuation: On the tweeter crossover, you can adjust the tweeter output by placing the supplied jumper on the appropriate terminals. You can select an unattenuated tweeter output (0dB attenuation), or an attenuated output of -2dB or -4dB. The factory default position is -2dB attenuation.
- On Axis/Off Axis Configuration: On the woofer crossover you can configure the output of the woofer for on-axis (listener is directly between the left and right woofers) or off-axis (listener is behind or in front of the area between the woofers) performance. For on-axis configuration, the supplied jumper should be placed on the SQ1 terminals (factory position). For off-axis listening, the jumper goes on the SQ2 terminals.
- Input Configurations:
- Separate Inputs: If you are bi-amping the component system (separately powering the woofer and tweeter with different amplifier channels), no additional wiring needs to be done. The woofer crossover and the tweeter crossover each have their own separate inputs and outputs.
- Single Input: If you are
powering the component system with a single
full-range input, you will need to wire the
woofer crossover and the tweeter crossover
together using the supplied jumper wires
(there are two). The speaker wire from the
amplifier connects to the input on the tweeter
crossover. The woofer and tweeters are then
connected to their respective outputs.
Note: No crossover frequency or slope information was provided by the manufacturer.
- Length: 6.679"
- Height: 1.498"
- Width: 1.717" (mounted individually)
- Width: 3.232" (docked together)
6-1/2" Applications: For 6-1/2" speaker applications, redrilling of some screw holes may be required.
6-3/4" Applications: The speaker will fit in 6-3/4" applications when the supplied bracket is used.