About the RetroSound Denver M2A
New tech with classic good looks
New tech with classic good looks
RetroSound's Denver M2A digital media receiver matches the look and fit of the factory radio in many vintage GM, Mopar, and International vehicles. But it also offers modern tech like Bluetooth® for hands-free calling and audio streaming, a USB port for digital media, and inputs for other portable music players in your classic ride. This ingenious radio fits a wide variety of classic cars and trucks, thanks to RetroSound's patented "InfiniMount" adjustable shaft/bracket system. You can even install the Denver chassis remotely with an optional RetroSound extension cable for customizing versatility.
Hands-free calling and digital sound
You can use built-in Bluetooth to talk hands-free or stream audio programming from your smartphone to the receiver, and you can also plug a USB thumb drive into the rear USB port for listening to your digital music. You'll find two auxiliary inputs on the rear of the receiver for other sources, like a satellite radio or hi-res portable audio player.
The Denver M2A also offers excellent AM/FM reception for all your local stations. This RetroSound receiver features two sets of preamp outputs that make it easier to add amps and subs to stand out at the next car show. For some customization, you can choose from 32,000 backlight colors so the LCD display will look just right in your dash. And for some more vintage goodness, you can even purchase dial screen overlays for the Denver M2A to accentuate the look in your ride.
Make it a complete RetroSound system
Wanna add some serious power to your ride? RetroSound offers strong amplifiers to get the most impact out of your speakers and subwoofer. They also make low-profile car speakers that fit into a wide range of older cars and trucks, so you can be sure that your sound system will do justice to your vintage vehicle.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
This digital media receiver will not play CDs. If you want to play CDs in your vehicle, we offer a wide selection of CD receivers.
- digital media receiver with control face designed for classic cars (no built-in CD player)
- built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling and audio streaming
- plays MP3, WMA, and FLAC music files from USB drive
- LCD display with 32,000 backlight color choices
- AM/FM tuner with 18 FM/12 AM presets
- 3-band equalizer
- 3 EQ presets plus loudness adjustment
- inputs: dual rear auxiliary inputs; one rear USB port (not compatible with iOS or Android™)
- outputs: 4-channel, full-range preamp outputs (2.85-volt front, rear)
Other Features and Specs:
- built-in amplifier (25 watts RMS/45 peak x 4 channels)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # DEN-M2A-B-248
What's in the box:
RetroSound Denver M2A owner's manual
- Shaft-style radio (M2A body)
- 2 InfiniMount shafts (with 11" harness attached to each one)
- 2 Infinimount metal brackets
- Main harness
- Power harness
- Speaker harness
- Microphone w/ integrated bracket (attached 8'cable terminated by 3.5mm connector)
- 10 InfiniMount screws
- 2 Self-tapping screws
- Dual-thread bolt
- Four 6mm nuts
- 3 Lock-washers
- 2 Metal washers
- 2 Plastic washers
- 2 Cupped washers
- Rubber stopper
- User's Manual
- Quick Start Guide
- "STOP" note
Thanks for submitting your review
This review was collected as part of a promotion
More details on the RetroSound Denver M2A
Variety of Sources
Vehicle Compatibility: The RetroSound Denver (M2A) shaft-style digital media receiver fits seamlessly into the unique 3.5" (w) x 1.5" (h) opening in the dash of your 1960 to 1980 classic vehicle. The nose of the Denver has rounded corners designed to fit flush in your classic vehicle and provide a factory-like fit without the need for a faceplate or bezel. Combined with replica knobs (sold separately) that mimic the look and feel of your original radio, the Denver is the perfect classic car stereo for adding modern stereo features with period-correct styling to the following 1960 to 1980 vehicles
- 1960 to 1963 GMC C/K Series
- 1960 to 1963 Chevy Suburban
- 1961 to 1980 International Scout
- 1966 to 1967 Oldsmobile Cutlass
- 1966 to 1967 Oldsmobile F85
- 1966 to 1967 Oldsmobile 442
- 1971 to 1975 Plymouth Roadrunner
- 1973 Dodge Charger
Note: The RetroSound Denver (M2A) is available with a Black or Chrome faceplate.
Knobs Sold Separately: The RetroSound Denver (M2A) does not come with knobs. There are multiple vehicle specific chrome and black knobs available for the Denver (M1A) that can be purchased separately. A separate trimplate or bezel is not required.
Variable-Color LCD: The RetroSound Denver (M2A) features variable color illumination display with over 32,000 of color variations. Choose from a selection of preset colors, have the unit scan through all preset color continuously, or customize your own color to better match your vehicle's interior lights. You can also adjust the brightness of the display to High or Low.
Variety of Sources
Built-in Bluetooth: The RetroSound Denver (M2A) is equipped with built-in Bluetooth (HFP/A2DP/AVRCP) allowing you to make and receive phone calls wirelessly through the receiver; as well as stream music wirelessly from your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone to the head unit. Before using your Bluetooth enabled device, it must be paired to the Denver (M2A). You can only pair one device at a time with this unit. Once paired, when your Bluetooth device is in close proximity to the RetroSound receiver, the auto connection function automatically connects the two units. The Denver (M2A) is compatible with most Bluetooth enabled mobile phones, including the Apple iPhone, Blackberry, and Android smartphones.
- Hands-Free Communication: The Denver (M2A) allows for wireless communication between the head unit and your Bluetooth enabled cell-phone. You can answer an incoming call from the head unit's front-panel control knobs. Incoming phone call information will be displayed on the unit's front-panel LCD and your music will be pause or muted. You will still use your phone to dial a phone number and then the call will transfer to the RetroSound radio. Use the included external microphone to speak into during your phone conversation, while the other party will be heard through your vehicle's speakers.
- Wireless Audio Streaming: The Denver (M2A) also allows you to play back stored music and music apps from your Bluetooth-enabled phone or personal music player using a paired Bluetooth connection. Playback controls included Play/Pause, Stop, & Next/Previous Track. This unit does not display song/artist information from Bluetooth audio devices.
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the RetroSound Denver (M2A).
USB Port: The RetroSound Denver (M2A) features a USB (type-A) port connected to its rear chassis by a 20" pigtail. The USB port enables connection of a portable USB mass-storage class (MSC) device; such as a portable digital audio player or USB thumbdrive. This unit supports MP3 (128 kbps +), WMA (64 kbps +), and FLAC music files in format FAT and FAT32. The unit can recognize a maximum of 999 songs/files (files will be read in order of creation and not alphabetically or numerically).
- Music Control: Once you've connected your compatible USB device, the Denver (M2A) will find your songs instantly and automatically start playing them. You will be able to control basic playback functions of your music files such as Play, Pause, Skip Track, Intro Scan, Repeat Track, and Random.
- Song/Artist Info: The Denver (M2A) also supports ID3-tags/WMA-tags for song/artist information.
- Battery Charging: USB portable audio players that can be charged via USB will be charged when plugged into the receiver's USB port (max. 0.5A), and the vehicle's ignition switch is set to ACC or On.
- Not compatible with Apple iOS or Android devices.
- You cannot connect a USB device via a USB hub or Multi-Card Reader to this unit.
Dual Auxiliary Inputs: The universal shaft-style receiver features two 3.5mm auxiliary inputs connected to the rear chassis by 7" pigtails. The Aux inputs provide a connection for portable external audio sources such as a MP3 player or CD player.
RDS AM/FM Tuner: The Retrosound head unit features a built-in RDS AM/FM tuner. The unit's tuner features 3 FM bands and 2 AM bands. A total of 30 AM/FM presets can be stored manually or automatically. Select between Local and Distant settings can aid in listening to weak FM radio stations or compensate for stations that have too strong of a signal. This unit's tuner can be set to USA or European tuning.
25W x 4Ch MOSFET Amplifier: The Denver (M2A) is equipped with a 25 watts x 4-channel RMS/45 watts x 4-channel Peak MOSFET amplifier.
4Ch/2.85V RCA Outputs: The universal shaft-style receiver features front & rear 2.85-volt RCA outputs. The front & rear speaker RCA outputs are balance and fade adjustable.
Equalizer: The Denver (M2A) features the following preset EQ curves (Classic, Pop, Rock, or Off) to customize your music listening. The Off mode activates a 3-Band EQ which lets you adjust Bass, Midrange, & Treble manually from -7 to +7.
Balance & Fader Control: The Balance adjustment function allows you to adjust or pan the stereo sound from the left or right; this is helpful to compensate for the position of the driver in relation to the speaker locations. Adjustment range is 0 to 12. The Fader Control allows you to fade the sound from the front pair of speaker to your rear pair of speakers. Adjustment range is 0 to 12.
Turn-On Volume: You can set the Denver (M2A) to power-on to the same volume level (0-46) every time, or let it default to the last volume when turned off.
Key Beep: When this function is enabled, every knob turn or button press will output a beep tone.