About the Retrosound Exile® EX-1 Battery Keeper Package
Keep your classic charged and ready
Keep your classic charged and ready
If you get to drive your classic car every day, all year 'round, more power to you. But if your car spends rainy days and winters in the garage, you might find yourself in need of a powerful battery charger.
For 6- and 12-volt systems
Designed with vintage and classic vehicles in mind, the Exile EX-1 Battery Keeper™ from Retrosound is perfect for anyone who doesn't drive their vehicle every day. It offers four charging stages:
- a diagnostic stage that reads battery status and starts the process with a gentle charge;
- a primary charge stage that charges the battery up to 90% capacity;
- a finishing charge stage that brings the battery up to 100% capacity;
- a “battery keeper” stage, which maintains a healthy charge without over-charging.
This versatile charger works with AGM (gel cell) and standard/maintenance-free batteries, in both 6-volt and 12-volt systems. You'll enjoy longer battery life and the security of knowing that your baby is ready for a drive whenever you are.
The dust- and water-resistant Battery Keeper can be mounted permanently next to the battery in almost any vehicle. When you're ready to drive, just unplug and hit the road. If you forget to plug it back in when you get home, the EX-1 won't drain your battery. It's also designed for safety, with reverse polarity protection, short circuit fault protection, and “no spark” technology that takes the danger out of attaching it to your battery.
Two quick connect harnesses -- one with battery clamps and one with O-rings -- are included, along with a handy storage bag. You'll also get the EM-1 LED Battery Monitor, which makes it easy to check your battery's status with just a glance.
- 4-stage battery charging system
- EM-1 LED battery monitor included
- works with all 6- and 12-volt lead-acid and gel cell batteries
- designed to prevent reverse polarity, short circuits, and sparking
- IP65 water and dust resistant
- quick-connect harnesses included
- comes with a storage bag
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # EX-1PKG
What's in the box:
- Battery charger/keeper (with attached 6' AC power cord and 5' DC power cord)
- 24" Charging cable w/ battery clips
- 23" Charging cable with O-rings
- LED battery monitor (w/ attached 19" power and ground leads)
- 5A ATC fuse (installed)
- Storage bag
- Owner's Manual
Retrosound Exile® EX-1 Battery Keeper Package reviews
This battery charger worked great on my dead battery for my vintage bug. Charged it quickly, and completely.
0 of 0 found this helpful
Perfect solution for maintaining battery health when the vehicle isn't driven on a regular basis (classic cars, people who travel a lot). The wiring/ connector kit is well concepted and engineered.
Pros: Straightforward design, practical
Cons: None at this point
1 of 1 found this helpful
More details on the Retrosound Exile® EX-1 Battery Keeper Package
Battery Charger: The Exile EX-1 Battery Keeper is the perfect solution to keep your vehicle's battery charged when you don't drive your vehicle every day.
- AGM/STD + 12V/6V Battery Compatibility: The EX-1 is user-selectable between AGM (gel cell) and standard/maintenance-free batteries, and works with both 12-volt or 6-volt systems. There are four LEDs to indicate which type of battery (AGM/STD) and charging system (12V/6V) you have.
- 4-Stage Charging: The EX-1 Battery Keeper offers a four-stage charging system; (1) a diagnostic stage to read battery status with gentle "soft" charge, (2) a primary charge stage up to 90%, (3) a finishing charge stage up to 100%, and (4) a "battery keeper" stage which maintains battery charge without "gassing" or over-charging the battery; greatly increasing battery life.
- Permanent Installation: The Battery Keeper is IP65 water and dust resistant, so it can be mounted permanently in any vehicle next to the battery; just unplug it from the AC outlet before you drive the vehicle. Low back-current drain means the EX-1 will not drain your battery when it is not plugged in.
- Charging Cables: The Battery Keeper includes two quick connect harnesses, one with battery clamps and one with O-rings (0.5625" ID), to connect the charger to your vehicle's battery. An attached AC power cord connects the EX-1 to an AC wall outlet. Four LEDs indicate charging status (Power/Start/Charging/Full).
- Battery Fault Protection: The Battery Keeper features reverse polarity protection, fault protection in case of a short circuit, and "no spark" technology to prevent sparking when attaching it to your vehicle's battery. Tow LED indicators (Reverse/Fault) will light up, if it senses a fault or short and audible alert will be heard.
LED Battery Monitor: The Exile LED Battery Monitor (EM-1) allows you to easily check the status of your vehicle's battery. It features IP-65 water/dust resistant connections and housing. The LED Battery Monitor's 19" power/ground leads are terminated by O-rings (0.5625" ID) which connect to your battery's power and ground terminals. A 5-amp fuse is pre-installed on the power lead. Red, Yellow, and Green LED indicators provide real-time visual status of your battery. Once the EM-1 is connected to your vehicle's battery, the indicators will flicker according to the battery's charging status.
- Green = 12.7V charge level, no action needed
- Yellow = 12.45V-12.69V charge level, charging recommended
- Red = Below 12.44V, charge immediately
Note: The LED lights draw very little current from your vehicle's battery and can remain permanently connected to the battery all year around.
Storage Bag: A nylon, drawstring storage bag is included to protect the Battery Keeper when not in use.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?