About the RetroSound Hermosa M2A
New tech with classic good looks
New tech with classic good looks
RetroSound's Hermosa M2A digital media receiver matches the look and fit of the factory radio in your vintage vehicle, yet provides Bluetooth® for hands-free calling and audio streaming, a USB port for digital media, and inputs for other portable music players in your classic ride. You can mount this receiver in almost any classic car, using an ingenious adjustable shaft system that adapts to any dash opening. And the Hermosa is available in an assortment of finishes, so you'll have a perfect match for your classic car's interior.
Hands-free calling and digital sound
You can use built-in Bluetooth to talk hands-free or stream audio programming from your smartphone to the receiver, and you can also plug a USB thumb drive into the rear USB port for listening to your digital music. You'll find two auxiliary inputs on the rear of the receiver for other sources, like a satellite radio or hi-res portable audio player.
The Hermosa M2A also offers excellent AM/FM reception for all your local stations. This RetroSound receiver features two sets of preamp outputs that make it easier to add amps and subs to stand out at the next car show. For some customization, you can choose from 32,000 backlight colors so the LCD display will look just right in your dash. And for some more vintage goodness, you can even purchase dial screen overlays for the Hermosa M2A to accentuate the look in your ride.
Make it a complete RetroSound system
Wanna add some serious power to your ride? RetroSound offers strong amplifiers to get the most impact out of your speakers and subwoofer. They also make low-profile car speakers that fit into a wide range of older cars and trucks, so you can be sure that your sound system will do justice to your vintage vehicle.
Adapt the Hermosa to a DIN opening
If your classic car has already been altered to accept a DIN (2" tall) radio, we offer a repair kit to convert your dash opening back to its original splendor!
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
This digital media receiver will not play CDs. If you want to play CDs in your vehicle, we offer a wide selection of CD receivers.
- digital media receiver with chrome control face designed for classic cars (no built-in CD player)
- built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling and audio streaming
- plays MP3 and WMA music files from USB drive
- LCD display with 32,000 backlight color choices
- includes faceplate to match your classic car (wide variety of vehicle dash kits available)
- AM/FM tuner with 18 FM/12 AM presets
- 3 EQ presets plus loudness adjustment
- inputs: dual rear auxiliary inputs; one rear USB port
- outputs: 4-channel, full-range preamp outputs (2.85-volt front, rear)
Other Features and Specs:
- built-in amplifier (25 watts RMS/45 peak x 4 channels)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # HI-M2A
What's in the box:
- Shaft-style radio (M2 body)
- Chrome front-panel
- 2 Infinimount shafts with a 9" harness attached to each one
- 2 Infinimount metal brackets
- Main harness
- Power/Ground harness
- Speaker harness
- Microphone w/ integrated bracket (attached 8'cable terminated by 3.5mm connector)
- 2 Rubber shaft boots
- 4 Tiny machine screws
- 10 Machine screws
- Self-tapping screw
- 10 Large metal flat-washers
- 12 Medium metal flat-washers
- 3 Small metal flat-washers
- 4 Large plastic flat-washers
- 6 Small plastic flat-washers
- 3 Lock-washers
- 2 Thick spacers
- 2 Thin spacers
- 2 Plastic cups
- 12 Large nuts
- 1 Small nut
- Metal backstrap
- Installation/Owner's Manual
- Quick Start Guide
- "Important" note
RetroSound Hermosa M2A reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the RetroSound Hermosa M2A
Infinimount Shaft/Bracket System: The Infinimount Shaft/Bracket System allows you to mount the Hermosa radio in a variety of classic cars. This is because the shaft-knobs are not mounted to the unit, but instead connect to the unit via a harness so you can space the radio's shaft knobs at various distances (0.3125"-2.1875") from the chassis of the radio, using the supplied side-mount brackets. You can move these brackets forward or backward and move them in any direction. You can even cut, trim, or bend the brackets if needed. This shaft-style radio is a true problem solver for tough to fit applications due to its unique bracket system combined with small mounting size.
Faceplates & Knobs (sold separately): There are multiple vehicle specific faceplates & knobs available for the Hermosa. In addition there are universal faceplates which allow you to use the integrated break away tabs to modify all aspects of height & width of the plate, and even drill in your own shaft holes to fit virtually any car.
Note: The RetroSound Hermosa does not come with a faceplate or knobs. A universal mounting plate or vehicle specific faceplate and knob set will be needed for installation.
Variable-Color LCD: The RetroSound Hermosa features variable color illumination display with over 32,000 of color variations. Choose from a selection of preset colors, have the unit scan through all preset color continuously, or customize your own color to better match your vehicle's interior lights. You can also adjust the brightness of the display to High or Low.
Built-in Bluetooth: The RetroSound Hermosa is equipped with built-in Bluetooth (HFP/A2DP/AVRCP) allowing you to make and receive phone calls wirelessly through the receiver; as well as stream music wirelessly from your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone to the head unit. Before using your Bluetooth enabled device, it must be paired to the Hermosa. You can only pair one device at a time with this unit. Once paired, when your Bluetooth device is in close proximity to the RetroSound receiver, the auto connection function automatically connects the two units. The Hermosa is compatible with most Bluetooth enabled mobile phones, including the Apple iPhone, Blackberry, and Android smartphones.
- Hands-Free Communication: The Hermosa allows for wireless communication between the head unit and your Bluetooth enabled cell-phone. You can answer an incoming call from the head unit's front-panel control knobs. Incoming phone call information will be displayed on the unit's front-panel LCD and your music will be pause or muted. You will still use your phone to dial a phone number and then the call will transfer to the RetroSound radio. Use the included external microphone to speak into during your phone conversation, while the other party will be heard through your vehicle's speakers.
- Wireless Audio Streaming: The Hermosa also allows you to play back stored music and music apps from your Bluetooth-enabled phone or personal music player using a paired Bluetooth connection. Playback controls included Play/Pause, Stop, & Next/Previous Track. This unit does not display song/artist information from Bluetooth audio devices.
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the RetroSound Hermosa.
USB Port: The RetroSound Hermosa features a USB (type-A) port connected to its rear chassis by a 20" pigtail. The USB port enables connection of a portable USB mass-storage class (MSC) device; such as a portable digital audio player or USB thumbdrive. This unit supports MP3 (128 kbps +), WMA (64 kbps +), and FLAC music files in format FAT and FAT32. The unit can recognize a maximum of 999 songs/files (files will be read in order of creation and not alphabetically or numerically).
- Music Control: Once you've connected your compatible USB device, the Hermosa will find your songs instantly and automatically start playing them. You will be able to control basic playback functions of your music files such as Play, Pause, Skip Track, Intro Scan, Repeat Track, and Random.
- Song/Artist Info: The Hermosa also supports ID3-tags/WMA-tags for song/artist information.
- Battery Charging: USB portable audio players that can be charged via USB will be charged when plugged into the receiver's USB port (max. 0.5A), and the vehicle's ignition switch is set to ACC or On.
- Not compatible with Apple iOS or Android devices.
- You cannot connect a USB device via a USB hub or Multi-Card Reader to this unit.
Dual Auxiliary Inputs: The universal shaft-style receiver features two 3.5mm auxiliary inputs connected to the rear chassis by 7" pigtails. The Aux inputs provide a connection for portable external audio sources such as a MP3 player or CD player.
AM/FM Tuner: The Hermosa features a built-in RDS AM/FM tuner. The unit's tuner features 3 FM bands and 2 AM bands. A total of 30 AM/FM presets can be stored manually or automatically. Select between Local and Distant settings can aid in listening to weak FM radio stations or compensate for stations that have too strong of a signal. This unit's tuner can be set to USA or European tuning.
25W x 4Ch MOSFET Amplifier: The Hermosa is equipped with a 25 watts x 4-channel RMS/45 watts x 4-channel Peak MOSFET amplifier.
4Ch/2.85V RCA Outputs: The universal shaft-style receiver features front & rear 2.85-volt RCA outputs. The front & rear speaker RCA outputs are balance and fade adjustable.
Equalizer: The Hermosa features the following preset EQ curves (Classic, Pop, Rock, or Off) to customize your music listening. The Off mode activates a 3-Band EQ which lets you adjust Bass, Midrange, & Treble manually from -7 to +7.
Balance & Fader Control: The Balance adjustment function allows you to adjust or pan the stereo sound from the left or right; this is helpful to compensate for the position of the driver in relation to the speaker locations. Adjustment range is 0 to 12. The Fader Control allows you to fade the sound from the front pair of speaker to your rear pair of speakers. Adjustment range is 0 to 12.
Turn-On Volume: You can set the Hermosa to power-on to the same volume level (0-46) every time, or let it default to the last volume when turned off.
Key Beep: When this function is enabled, every knob turn or button press will output a beep tone.
31 questions already asked