About the RetroSound Huntington M2A
Direct fit audio upgrade for your Ford
Direct fit audio upgrade for your Ford
For classic Ford Bronco and F-Series pickup owners, RetroSound's Huntington M2A digital media receiver matches the look and fit of the factory radio in your Ford, yet provides Bluetooth® for hands-free calling and audio streaming, a USB port for digital media, and inputs for other portable music players in your classic ride. This receiver's made specifically for the original radio layout in your Ford, so it'll give you that look of yesteryear and deliver modern features.
Hands-free calling and digital sound
You can use built-in Bluetooth to talk hands-free or stream audio programming from your smartphone to the receiver, and you can also plug a USB thumb drive into the rear USB port for listening to your digital music. You'll find two auxiliary inputs on the rear of the receiver for other sources, like a portable satellite radio or hi-res audio player.
The Huntington M2A receiver features two sets of preamp outputs that make it easier to add amps and subs to stand out at the next car show. For some customization, you can choose from 32,000 backlight colors so the LCD display will look just right in your dash. This RetroSound receiver also offers excellent AM/FM reception, as well as three EQ presets and a loudness control to tweak your sound.
Make it a complete RetroSound system
Wanna add some serious power to your ride? RetroSound offers strong amplifiers to get the most impact out of your speakers and subwoofer. They also make low-profile car speakers that fit into a wide range of older cars and trucks, so you can be sure that your sound system will do justice to your vintage vehicle.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
This digital media receiver will not play CDs.
- digital media receiver designed for classic Ford Bronco and F-series pickup (no built-in CD player)
- includes faceplate and knobs to match the layout in your classic Ford
- built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling and audio streaming
- LCD display with 32,000 backlight color choices
- plays MP3, WMA, and FLAC music files from USB drive
- AM/FM tuner with 18 FM/12 AM presets
- 3-band EQ (bass, midrange, treble)
- 3 EQ presets plus loudness adjustment
- inputs: dual rear auxiliary inputs; one rear USB port
- outputs: 4-channel preamp outputs (2.85-volt front, rear/subwoofer)
Other Features and Specs:
- built-in amplifier (25 watts RMS/45 peak x 4 channels)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # HUNTINGTON M2A 29-90 M2A
What's in the box:
- Chassis-body (M2A)
- 2 Infinimount shafts with a 9" harness attached to each one
- 2 Infinimount metal brackets
- Main harness
- Powerd/ground harness
- Speaker harness
- Microphone w/ integrated bracket (attached 8'cable terminated by 3.5mm connector)
- 2 Rubber shaft boots
- 2 Chrome knobs
- 2 Chrome dials
- 8 Large metal washers
- 8 Small metal washers
- 4 Large plastic washers
- 6 Small plastic washers
- 2 Thin plastic spacers
- 2 Thick plastic spacers
- 2 Plastic cups
- 12 Large Hex-nuts
- Small hex-nut
- 10 Machines crews
- 2 Threaded inserts
- Self-tapping screw
- 3 Lock-washers
- Metal backstrap
- Owner's Manual
- Quick Start Guide
- Important Note
RetroSound Huntington M2A reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the RetroSound Huntington M2A
Vehicle Compatibility: The RetroSound Huntington (M2A) radio is a direct-fit solution for 1966-1977 Ford Broncos and 1961-1966 Ford trucks. It can also be used in custom installation for other classic cars and hot rods.
Floating Faceplate + Infinimount Shaft/Bracket System: In addition to 1966-1977 Ford Broncos and 1961-1966 Ford trucks, the Retrosound Huntington's floating faceplate and infinimount shaft/bracket system allows you to custom-mount the radio in a variety of other classic cars and hot rods too. This is because the faceplate and shaft-knobs are not mounted to the radio's chassis-body, but instead connect to the unit via harnesses so you only need to drill three small holes (one for the face-plate harness and two for the shaft knob harnesses).
- Faceplate: Unlike most shaft-style radios, the faceplate is separate from the chassis-body and only connects to the chassis-body via a proprietary 12-pin harness. The radio's chassis-body is mounted behind the dash with the supplied hardware, while the faceplate is mounted to the front of dash using the shaft-knob kit. An opening of 0.6875" is all you need to route the harness from the chassis-body to the faceplate. The faceplate measures 6.875" (w) x 1.815" (h) x 0.9375" (d).
- Adjustable Shaft Knobs: The shaft knobs are not affixed to the radio either, instead the connect to chassis via two harness. You can space the radio's shaft knobs at various distances (0.3125"-2.1875") from the chassis of the radio, using the supplied side-mount brackets. You can move these brackets forward or backward and move them in any direction. You can even cut, trim, or bend the brackets if needed.
Note: This shaft-style radio is a true problem solver for tough to fit applications due to its unique faceplate and bracket system combined with small mounting size. The chassis-body measures 4.125" (w) x 1.995" (h) x 4.695" (d).
Variable-Color LCD: The RetroSound Huntington (M2A) features variable color illumination display with over 32,000 of color variations. Choose from a selection of preset colors, have the unit scan through all preset color continuously, or customize your own color to better match your vehicle's interior lights. You can also adjust the brightness of the display to High or Low.
Built-in Bluetooth: The RetroSound Huntington (M2A) is equipped with built-in Bluetooth (HFP/A2DP/AVRCP) allowing you to make and receive phone calls wirelessly through the receiver; as well as stream music wirelessly from your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone to the head unit. Before using your Bluetooth enabled device, it must be paired to the Huntington (M2A). You can only pair one device at a time with this unit. Once paired, when your Bluetooth device is in close proximity to the RetroSound receiver, the auto connection function automatically connects the two units. The Huntington (M2A) is compatible with most Bluetooth enabled mobile phones, including the Apple iPhone, Blackberry, and Android smartphones.
- Hands-Free Communication: The Huntington (M2A) allows for wireless communication between the head unit and your Bluetooth enabled cell-phone. You can answer an incoming call from the head unit's front-panel control knobs. Incoming phone call information will be displayed on the unit's front-panel LCD and your music will be pause or muted. You will still use your phone to dial a phone number and then the call will transfer to the RetroSound radio. Use the included external microphone to speak into during your phone conversation, while the other party will be heard through your vehicle's speakers.
- Wireless Audio Streaming: The Huntington (M2A) also allows you to play back stored music and music apps from your Bluetooth-enabled phone or personal music player using a paired Bluetooth connection. Playback controls included Play/Pause, Stop, & Next/Previous Track. This unit does not display song/artist information from Bluetooth audio devices.
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the RetroSound Huntington (M2A).
USB Port: The RetroSound Huntington (M2A) features a USB (type-A) port connected to its rear chassis by a 20" pigtail. The USB port enables connection of a portable USB mass-storage class (MSC) device; such as a USB thumbdrive. Once you've connected your compatible USB device, the Huntington (M2A) will find your songs instantly and automatically start playing them. This unit supports MP3 (128 kbps +), WMA (64 kbps +), and FLAC music files in format FAT and FAT32. The unit can recognize a maximum of 999 songs/files (files will be read in order of creation and not alphabetically or numerically).
- Controls: You will be able to control basic playback functions of your music files such as Play, Pause, Skip Track, Intro Scan, Repeat Track, and Random.
- Display: The Huntington (M2A) also supports ID3-tags/WMA-tags for song/artist information.
- Charging: USB portable audio players that can be charged via USB will be charged when plugged into the receiver's USB port (max. 0.5A), and the vehicle's ignition switch is set to ACC or On.
- Not compatible with Apple iOS or Android mobile devices.
- You cannot connect a USB device via a USB hub or Multi-Card Reader to this unit.
Dual Auxiliary Inputs: The universal shaft-style receiver features two 3.5mm auxiliary inputs connected to the rear chassis by 7" pigtails. The Aux inputs provide a connection for portable external audio sources such as a MP3 player or CD player.
RDS AM/FM Tuner: The Retrosound head unit features a built-in RDS AM/FM tuner. The unit's tuner features 3 FM bands and 2 AM bands. A total of 30 AM/FM presets can be stored manually or automatically. Select between Local and Distant settings can aid in listening to weak FM radio stations or compensate for stations that have too strong of a signal. This unit's tuner can be set to USA or European tuning.
25W x 4Ch MOSFET Amplifier: The Huntington (M2A) is equipped with a 25 watts x 4-channel (RMS)/45 watts x 4-channel (Peak) MOSFET amplifier.
4Ch/2.85V RCA Outputs: The shaft-style receiver features features 4 channels (Front & Rear) of 2.8V RCA outputs for connection of an external power amplifier.
Equalizer: The Huntington (M2A) features the following preset EQ curves (Classic, Pop, Rock, or Off) to customize your music listening. The Off mode activates a 3-Band EQ which lets you adjust Bass, Midrange, & Treble manually from -7 to +7.
Balance & Fader Control: The Balance adjustment function allows you to adjust or pan the stereo sound from the left or right; this is helpful to compensate for the position of the driver in relation to the speaker locations. Adjustment range is 0 to 12. The Fader Control allows you to fade the sound from the front pair of speaker to your rear pair of speakers. Adjustment range is 0 to 12.
Turn-On Volume: You can set the Huntington (M2A) to power-on to the same volume level (0-46) every time, or let it default to the last volume when turned off.
Key Beep: When this function is enabled, every knob turn or button press will output a beep tone.
7 questions already asked