About the RetroSound RetroPod® RPOD4-452N
Where no speaker has gone before
Where no speaker has gone before
You've got a classic vehicle that needs some music in it, but your vehicle didn't include factory speaker locations, and there's no room behind the factory panels for installing new speakers. Enter Retrosound's RetroPod panels.
The RetroPod RPOD4-452N surface-mount speaker system lets you choose the locations for new speakers in your vehicle. The package includes two RetroPod panels with a pair of RetroMod® R-452N 4" speakers. You install a 4" speaker in each panel, then mount the panels on your kick panels, doors, rear deck, or any suitable flat surface. Complete the job by running some speaker wire to your car stereo or amplifier. You can paint or carpet the ABS plastic panels to match your interior. The panels also include mesh grilles to complete the installation.
The included RetroSound R-452N 4" speakers use a low-carbon, black steel basket, a polypropylene woofer cone, a Santoprene™ rubber surround, and a Mylar tweeter, so they'll shrug off damage from moisture or temperature extremes. Even with a mounting depth of only 1.3", these speakers still handle up to 40 watts RMS — they'll work well with power from a car stereo or an outboard amplifier.
Installation note: Using the template that Retrosound provides in the panels, you'll need to cut and file mounting holes in the panels for the included speakers. You'll also need to drill mounting holes for screws that secure the speakers. You'll want to consider professional installation if you don't have the proper tools, such as a small reciprocating saw or rotary tool, such as a Dremel® tool.
- two RetroPod speaker panels with RetroMod® R-452N 4" speakers
- polypropylene woofer cone with Santoprene surround and Mylar dome tweeter
- power range: 2-40 watts RMS (80 watts peak power)
- frequency response: 65-21,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 88 dB
- paintable rugged ABS plastic
- mesh grilles included
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # RPOD4-452N
What's in the box:
- 2 Speaker pod enclosures
- Two 2-way speakers
- 2 Grilles
- 2 Grille frames
- Two 16.5' Lengths of speaker wire (each has quick-slides on one end and bare wire on the other)
- Eight 1-1/8" Self tapping screws
- 8 Speed clips
- 2 Strips of grille putty
- Owner's manual
RetroSound RetroPod® RPOD4-452N reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the RetroSound RetroPod® RPOD4-452N
RetroSound Pods: These RetroSound multi-purpose surface-mount speaker modules are a great way to add sound to any vehicle. These are made from rugged ABS plastic and will mount to any flat surface, such as kick panels, doors or rear package trays. They can be painted or covered in vinyl wrap to match your vehicle's interior. The angled design directs sound towards the listener.
Note: The included speakers do no come pre-installed; they must be wired and mounted.
4" Two-Way Speakers: The included RetroSound 4" speakers (R-452N) are a great way to upgrade the sound in your vintage ride.
- Tweeters: The tweeters are low profile Mylar domes.
- Woofer: The speakers feature rigid polypropylene cone woofers with Santoprene surrounds.
- Neodymium Magnets: The N series speakers feature neodymium magnets. Because neodymium produces a much stronger magnetic field than ferrite (of the same size), the magnet size and mounting depth are substantially reduced.
1 question already asked