About the RetroSound RPOD9-693N
Where no speaker has gone before
Where no speaker has gone before
You've got a classic vehicle that needs some music in it, but your vehicle didn't include factory speaker locations, and there's no room behind the factory panels for installing new speakers. Enter Retrosound's RetroPod panels.
The RetroPod RPOD9-693N surface-mount speaker system lets you choose the locations for new speakers in your vehicle. The package includes two RetroPod panels with a pair of RetroMod® R-693N 6"x9" 3-way speakers. You install a 6"x9" speaker in each panel, then mount the panels on your kick panels, doors, rear deck, or any suitable flat surface. Complete the job by running some speaker wire to your car stereo or amplifier. You can paint or carpet the ABS plastic panels to match your interior. The panels also include mesh grilles to complete the installation.
The included RetroSound R-693 6"x9" speakers use a low-carbon, chrome steel basket, a pulp composite woofer cone, a Santoprene™ rubber surround, and a Mylar dome mid-range and tweeter, so they'll shrug off damage from moisture or temperature extremes. Even with a mounting depth of only 1.79", these speakers handle up to 100 watts RMS, so they'll work well with power from a car stereo or an outboard amplifier.
Installation note: Using the template that Retrosound provides in the panels, you'll need to cut and file mounting holes in the panels for the included speakers. You'll also need to drill mounting holes for screws that secure the speakers. You'll want to consider professional installation if you don't have the proper tools, such as a small reciprocating saw or rotary tool, such as a Dremel® tool.
- surface-mount panels loaded with Retrosound 6"x9" speakers
- pulp composite woofer cone with Santoprene surround and Mylar dome mid-range and tweeter
- power range: 2-100 watts RMS (200 watts peak power)
- frequency response: 40-21,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 90 dB
- paintable rugged ABS plastic
- shallow mounting depth: 1.79"
- mesh grilles included
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # RPOD9-693N
What's in the box:
- 2 Speaker pod enclosures
- Two 3-way 6x9 speakers
- 2 Grilles
- 2 Grille frames
- Two 16.5' Lengths of speaker wire (each has quick-slides on one end and bare wire on the other)
- Eight 1-1/2" Self tapping screws
- 8 Speed clips
- Owner's manual
RetroSound RPOD9-693N reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the RetroSound RPOD9-693N
RetroSound Pods: These RetroSound multi-purpose surface-mount speaker modules are a great way to add sound to any vehicle. These are made from rugged ABS plastic and will mount to any flat surface, such as kick panels, doors or rear package trays. They can be painted or covered in vinyl wrap to match your vehicle's interior. The angled design directs sound towards the listener.
Note: The included speakers do no come pre-installed; they must be wired and mounted.
6"x9" Two-Way Speakers: The included RetroSound 6"x9" speakers (R-693N) are a great way to upgrade the sound in your vintage ride.
- Midrange/Tweeters: The tweeter and midrange are low profile Mylar domes,
- Woofer: The speakers feature rigid pulp composite cone woofers with Santoprene surrounds.
- Neodymium Magnets: The N series speakers feature neodymium magnets. Because neodymium produces a much stronger magnetic field than ferrite (of the same size), the magnet size and mounting depth are substantially reduced.