About the RetroSound RPOD9-C652N
Where no speaker has gone before
Where no speaker has gone before
You've got a classic vehicle that needs some music in it, but your vehicle didn't include factory speaker locations, and there's no room behind the factory panels for installing new speakers. Enter Retrosound's RetroPod panels.
The RetroPod RPOD9-C652N surface-mount speaker system lets you choose the locations for new speakers in your vehicle. The package includes two RetroPod panels with the RetroMod® R-C652N 6-1/2" component speaker system. You install a 6-1/2" woofer and tweeter in each panel, then mount the panels on your kick panels, doors, rear deck, or any suitable flat surface. You can tuck the crossovers modules out of sight once you've connected the tweeters and woofers. Complete the job by running some speaker wire to your car stereo or amplifier. You can paint or carpet the ABS plastic panels to match your interior. The panels also include mesh grilles to complete the installation.
Get a great soundstage
The RetroSound R-C652N 6-1/2" component speakers include water-resistant polypropylene woofer cones and crossovers, Santoprene™ rubber surrounds, and silk dome tweeters. They'll shrug off damage from moisture or temperature extremes. These speakers handle up to 85 watts RMS, so they'll work well with power from a car stereo, and an outboard amplifier's power will deliver even more musical impact.
Installation note: Using the template that Retrosound provides in the panels, you'll need to cut and file mounting holes in the panels for the included speakers. You'll also need to drill mounting holes for screws that secure the speakers. You'll want to consider professional installation if you don't have the proper tools, such as a small reciprocating saw or rotary tool, such as a Dremel® tool.
- surface-mount panels with included R-C652N component speakers
- component speaker system includes 2 woofers, 2 tweeters, and 2 crossovers
- 6-3/4" water-resistant polypropylene woofers with Santoprene surround
- silk dome tweeters
- water-resistant external crossover network with 3 tweeter levels (0, -3, -6 dB)
- power range: 2-85 watts RMS (150 watts peak power)
- frequency response: 52-21,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 89 dB
- top-mount depth: 2-1/8"
- paintable rugged ABS plastic
- mesh grilles included
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # RPOD9-C652N
What's in the box:
- 2 Speaker pod enclosures
- Two 2-way speakers
- 2 Grilles
- 2 Grille frames
- Two 12' Lengths of speaker wire
- Eight 1-1/8" Self tapping screws
- 8 Speed clips
- Owner's manual
RetroSound RPOD9-C652N reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the RetroSound RPOD9-C652N
RetroSound Pods: These RetroSound multi-purpose surface-mount speaker modules are a great way to add sound to any vehicle. These are made from rugged ABS plastic and will mount to any flat surface, such as kick panels, doors or rear package trays. They can be painted or covered in vinyl wrap to match your vehicle's interior. The angled design directs sound towards the listener.
Note: The included speakers do no come pre-installed; they must be wired and mounted.
6.5" Two-Way Speakers: The included RetroSound 6.5" speakers (R-652N) are a great way to upgrade the sound in your vintage ride.
- Tweeters: The tweeters are low profile Mylar domes.
- Woofer: The speakers feature rigid polypropylene cone woofers with Santoprene surrounds.
- Neodymium Magnets: The N series speakers feature neodymium magnets. Because neodymium produces a much stronger magnetic field than ferrite (of the same size), the magnet size and mounting depth are substantially reduced.