About the RetroSound Retro Classic RC-900C
A modern receiver for your vintage car
A modern receiver for your vintage car
Listing to old tunes while driving an old car is a pretty cool way to spend an afternoon, but the tinny sound of that factory radio can get really old, really fast. If you've always wanted a better stereo in your car, but held off because you didn't want to modify the interior, RetroSound's Retro Classic AM/FM receiver will bring the modern world to your vintage vehicle.
This ingenious radio fits a wide variety of vintage cars and trucks, thanks to RetroSound's patented "InfiniMount" adjustable shaft/bracket system. Now you can cruise in style and enjoy your music in a whole new way.
Classic styling meets digital technology
The Retro Classic looks like an old-fashioned radio, but the vintage push-button styling conceals a thoroughly modern receiver that's made to play your digital music. You can enjoy all your favorite AM/FM stations, of course, plus you can plug your iPod™, satellite radio tuner, or just about any source with a headphone jack into the auxiliary input on the rear of the receiver. With a built-in amplifier and sound-shaping tools, you can fine-tune the Retro Classic to perform the way you want it to.
Make it a complete RetroSound system
Wanna add some serious power to your ride? RetroSound offers strong amplifiers to get the most impact out of your speakers and subwoofer. They also make low-profile car speakers that fit into a wide range of older cars and trucks, so you can be sure that your sound system will do justice to your vintage vehicle.
This digital media receiver will not play CDs. If you want to play CDs in your vehicle, we offer a wide selection of CD receivers.
- AM/FM receiver designed for classic cars (no built-in CD player)
- built-in amplifier (18 watts RMS/40 watts peak x 4 channels)
- rear-mounted aux input for iPods, satellite receiver tuners, and other devices
- InfiniMount shaft/bracket system fits a variety of vintage car dash openings
Features and expandability
- AM/FM tuner with 18 FM/12 AM presets
- 3 EQ presets plus user-controlled bass, treble, fader, and balance
- separate power antenna and amplifier turn-on leads
- selectable USA/EU/Japan/AUS/RUS tuner frequencies
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # RC-900CV2
What's in the box:
- Shaft-style AM/FM radio (black)
- 2 Infinimount shafts with a 9" harness attached to each one
- 2 Infinimount metal brackets
- Power/Ground harness
- Speaker harness
- 2 Rubber boots (installed on infinite shafts)
- 7.75" Metal backstrap
- 2 Rectangular metal brackets
- 2 Ring metal brackets
- 10 Machine screws
- Self-tapping screw
- Rear support bolt (installed)
- 10 Large flat-washers
- 10 Medium flat-washers
- 3 Small flat-washers
- 3 Lock-washers
- 10 Large nuts
- 1 Small nut
- Owner's Manual/Installation Guide
RetroSound Retro Classic RC-900C reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the RetroSound Retro Classic RC-900C
Infinimount Shaft/Bracket System: The Infinimount Shaft/Bracket System allows you to mount the Model: RC-900C2 radio in more classic cars. This is because the shaft-knobs are not mounted to the unit, but instead connect to the unit via a harness so you can space the radio's shaft knobs at various distances from the chassis of the radio (0.3125"-2.1875") using the supplied side-mount brackets. This insulated bracket and external shaft system also helps to reduce electrical noise inherent in older vehicles.
Available Installation Kits: The unit can be mounted virtually anywhere due to its small 4.0625" wide x 5.75" deep x 2.0625" tall overall footprint. Advanced installers can even unscrew the Model: RC-900C2's faceplate and adjust its cant/angle to allow for even more customization. There are multiple vehicle specific faceplate & knob kits available (sold separately), as well as an universal faceplate that fits the Model: RC-900C2 which allows you to use the integrated break away tabs to modify all aspects of height & width of the plate, and even drill in your own shaft holes to fit virtually any car. This radio is a true problem solver for tough to fit applications due to its unique bracket system combined with small mounting size. Universal and Vehicle Specific Installation Dash and Knob kits are available.
Note: The RetroSound Model: RC-900C2 does not come with a universal mounting bracket or shaft-knobs. A universal mounting kit or vehicle specific mounting kit will be needed for installation.
LCD Display: The RetroSound Model: RC-900C2 features an LCD display with a digital read-out.
Enhanced Viewing Angle: The unit's LCD display offers an ultra-wide, off-axis viewing angle and is daylight compatible.
Display Information: The LCD display will display clock and tuner information.
MOSFET Amplifier: The Model: RC-900C2 is equipped with a 25 watts x 4-channel RMS (50 watts x 4-channel Peak) MOSFET amplifier.
Sound Adjustments: The RetroSound Model: RC-900C2 has many sound adjustments modes to help you tailor the radio to your audio preference. You can choose to adjust the following settings.
- DSP: You can adjust the unit's DSP modes to Classic, Pop, Rock, or Off (Flat).
- Bass: The Bass adjustment function allows you to boost or cut the low frequencies from -7 to +7.
- Treble: The Treble adjustment function allows you to boost or cut the high frequencies from -7 to +7.
- Balance: The Balance adjustment function allows you to adjust or pan the stereo sound from the left or right; this is helpful to compensate for the position of the driver in relation to the speaker locations. Adjustment range is 0 to 10.
- Fader: The Fader Control allows you to fade the sound from the front pair of speaker to your rear pair of speakers. Adjustment range is 0 to 10.
- Loudness: This function boosts bass and treble at low listening volume (this feature should be turned off at higher volumes).
Audible Confirmation: You can turn the units audible confirmation (beep tone) On or Off.
AM/FM Tuner: The Model: RC-900C2 features a built-in AM/FM digital tuner with RDS.
Preset Tuning: The unit's tuner features 3 FM bands and 2 AM bands. A total of 30 AM/FM presets can be stored manually or automatically.
Stereo/Mono: Selecting between these function can aid in listening to weak FM radio stations that keep switching between Stereo and Mono broadcasts.
Local/DX: Selecting between these functions can aid in listening to weak FM radio stations or compensate for stations that have to strong of a signal.
European Tuning: The RetroSound Model: RC-900C2 has the capability to receive FM broadcasts frequencies in other countries. This unit's tuner can be set to USA or European tuning.
RDS: The RDS function of this radio is always active. If the FM station you are listening to is broadcasting RDS information, the radio station call letters, song info, artist info, and other messages will appear on the unit's LCD display.
Note: Not all FM stations use RDS.
PTY Function: RDS has a function called PTY (Program Type): this coding of up to 31 pre-defined program types allow you to find similar programming by genre. When the tuner searches for this desired programming type, the tuner will study all strong FM stations to see what programming type they are broadcasting. If the programming type is found, the radio will select it.
Aux Inputs: The RetroSound Model: RC-900C2 features a rear-panel 3.5mm auxiliary input for connecting portable external audio sources such as a MP3 player and/or portable CD player. The unit's auxiliary input supports any portable unit with an analog stereo 3.5mm headphone jack output or stereo RCA output.
9 questions already asked