About the RetroSound Santa Cruz M2A
Factory look, modern tech for your GM
Factory look, modern tech for your GM
Got a 1988-94 GM vehicle that needs a little audio help? RetroSound's Santa Cruz M2A digital media receiver matches that classic Delco™ look and fit of the factory radio in your GM, yet provides Bluetooth® for hands-free calling and audio streaming, a USB port for digital media, and inputs for other portable music players in your classic ride. This receiver's made specifically for the original radio layout in your GM, so it'll give you that look of yesteryear and deliver modern features.
Hands-free calling and digital sound
You can use built-in Bluetooth to talk hands-free or stream audio programming from your smartphone to the receiver, and you can also plug a USB thumb drive into the rear USB port for listening to your digital music. You'll find two auxiliary inputs on the rear of the receiver for other sources, like a portable satellite radio or hi-res audio player.
The Santa Cruz M2A receiver features two sets of preamp outputs that make it easier to add amps and subs to stand out at the next car show. For some customization, you can choose from 32,000 backlight colors so the LCD display will look just right in your dash. This RetroSound receiver also offers excellent AM/FM reception, as well as three EQ presets and a loudness control to tweak your sound.
Make it a complete RetroSound system
Wanna add some serious power to your ride? RetroSound offers strong amplifiers to get the most impact out of your speakers and subwoofer. They also make low-profile car speakers that fit into a wide range of older cars and trucks, so you can be sure that your sound system will do justice to your vintage vehicle.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
This digital media receiver will not play CDs.
- digital media receiver designed for select 1988-94 GM vehicles (no built-in CD player)
- includes faceplate and knobs to match the layout in your classic GM
- built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling and audio streaming
- LCD display with 32,000 backlight color choices
- plays MP3, WMA, and FLAC music files from USB drive
- AM/FM tuner with 18 FM/12 AM presets
- 3-band EQ (bass, midrange, treble)
- 3 EQ presets plus loudness adjustment
- inputs: dual rear auxiliary inputs; one rear USB port
- outputs: 4-channel preamp outputs (2.85-volt front, rear)
Other Features and Specs:
- built-in amplifier (25 watts RMS/45 peak x 4 channels)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # SANTA CRUZ M2A
What's in the box:
RetroSound Santa Cruz M2A owner's manual
- Radio body (M2A)
- Display face
- Face-to-Body cable
- Main harness
- Power/ground harness
- Speaker harness
- GM adapter harness
- GM antenna adapter
- Quick Start Guide
RetroSound Santa Cruz M2A reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
This review was collected as part of a promotion
More details on the RetroSound Santa Cruz M2A
Vehicle Compatibility: RetroSound's Santa Cruz is designed specifically for 1988-94 GM trucks and features an OE-style appearance for seamless integration.
Variable-Color LCD: variable color illumination display with over 32,000 of color variations. Choose from a selection of preset colors, have the unit scan through all preset color continuously, or customize your own color to better match your vehicle's interior lights. You can also adjust the brightness of the display to High or Low.
Built-in Bluetooth: The RetroSound Santa Cruz (M2A) is equipped with built-in Bluetooth (HFP/A2DP/AVRCP) allowing you to make and receive phone calls wirelessly through the receiver; as well as stream music wirelessly from your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone to the head unit. Before using your Bluetooth enabled device, it must be paired to the Santa Cruz (M2A). You can only pair one device at a time with this unit. Once paired, when your Bluetooth device is in close proximity to the RetroSound receiver, the auto connection function automatically connects the two units. The Santa Cruz (M2A) is compatible with most Bluetooth enabled mobile phones, including the Apple iPhone & Android smartphones.
- Hands-Free Communication: The Santa Cruz (M2A) allows for wireless communication between the head unit and your Bluetooth enabled cell-phone. You can answer an incoming call from the head unit's front-panel control knobs. Incoming phone call information will be displayed on the unit's front-panel LCD and your music will be pause or muted. You will still use your phone to dial a phone number and then the call will transfer to the RetroSound radio. Use the included external microphone to speak into during your phone conversation, while the other party will be heard through your vehicle's speakers.
- Wireless Audio Streaming: The Santa Cruz (M2A) also allows you to play back stored music and music apps from your Bluetooth-enabled phone or personal music player using a paired Bluetooth connection. Playback controls included Play/Pause, Stop, & Next/Previous Track. This unit does not display song/artist information from Bluetooth audio devices.
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the RetroSound Santa Cruz (M2A).
USB Port: The RetroSound Santa Cruz (M2A) features a USB (type-A) port connected to its rear chassis by a 20" pigtail. The USB port enables connection of portable USB mass-storage class (MSC) devices; such as a USB thumbdrive. Once you've connected your compatible USB device, the receiver will find your songs instantly and automatically start playing them. This unit supports MP3 (128 kbps +), WMA (64 kbps +), and FLAC music files in format FAT and FAT32. The unit can recognize a maximum of 999 songs/files (files will be read in order of creation and not alphabetically or numerically).
- Controls: You will be able to control basic playback functions of your music files such as Play, Pause, Skip Track, Intro Scan, Repeat Track, and Random.
- Display: The receiver also supports ID3-tags/WMA-tags for song/artist information.
- Charging: USB portable audio players that can be charged via USB will be charged when plugged into the receiver's USB port (max. 0.5A), and the vehicle's ignition switch is set to ACC or On.
- Not compatible with Apple iOS or Android mobile devices.
- You cannot connect a USB device via a USB hub or Multi-Card Reader to this unit.
Dual Auxiliary Inputs: The universal receiver features two 3.5mm auxiliary inputs connected to the rear chassis by 7" pigtails. The Aux inputs provide a connection for portable external audio sources such as a MP3 player or CD player.
AM/FM Tuner: The Santa Cruz (M2A) features a built-in AM/FM tuner. The unit's tuner features 3 FM bands and 2 AM bands. A total of 30 AM/FM presets can be stored manually or automatically. Select between Local and Distant settings to aid in listening to weak FM radio stations or compensate for stations that have too strong of a signal. This unit's tuner can be set to USA or European tuning.
Audio Section: The Santa Cruz (M2A) is equipped with a 25 watts x 4-channel (RMS)/45 watts x 4-channel (Peak) MOSFET amplifier. The receiver also features 4Ch (Front & Rear)/2.8V RCA outputs for connecting an external amplifier
- Equalizer: The Santa Cruz (M2A) features the following preset EQ curves (Classic, Pop, Rock, or Off) to customize your music listening. The Off mode activates a 3-Band EQ which lets you adjust Bass, Midrange, & Treble manually from -7 to +7.
- Balance & Fader Control: The Balance adjustment function allows you to adjust or pan the stereo sound from the left or right; this is helpful to compensate for the position of the driver in relation to the speaker locations. Adjustment range is 0 to 12. The Fader Control allows you to fade the sound from the front pair of speaker to your rear pair of speakers. Adjustment range is 0 to 12.
- Turn-On Volume: You can set the Santa Cruz (M2A) to power-on to the same volume level (0-46) every time, or let it default to the last volume when turned off.
- Key Beep: When this function is enabled, every knob turn or button press will output a beep tone.
5 questions already asked
Great radio, matches factory appearance with the GM green colored font. Bluetooth is excellent, hands free calling works as should. You pay for what you get!
Tristen from Goldsboro, NC