About the RetroSound Stereophonic
RetroSound's neat-looking Stereophonic 3-channel amplifier can power your entire system, sending 65 watts RMS to each of your front speakers while delivering up to 229 watts RMS to your sub. Highly efficient Class D technology keeps this powerful amp running as cool as it looks, and allows for a compact chassis less than 2 inches high that'll fit in a lot of out-of-the-way locations.
For the loud crowd
You can also set up the Stereophonic for 2-channel operation, powering a single high-performance speaker with 190 watts RMS each, while sending 229 watts to a sub. High- and low-pass filters, with steep 24 dB per octave slopes, let you fine-tune the signal to precisely match your particular speakers and subwoofer. The Stereophonic's subwoofer channel features a bass boost, so you can really pile it on if you want.
- 3-channel car amplifier
- 65 watts RMS x 2 + 170 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms
- 90 watts RMS x 2 + 229 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms
- 180 watts RMS x 1 bridged at 4 ohms + 229 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms
- Class D amp technology
- variable high-pass filter (40-400 Hz, 24 dB/octave) on front channels
- variable low-pass filter (50-250 Hz, 24 dB/octave) on subwoofer channel
- variable bass boost (0-12 dB at 50 Hz) on subwoofer channel
- RCA preamp inputs
- fuse rating: 40A x 1
- wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- 8-gauge power and ground leads recommended
- dimensions: 10-3/16"W x 1-7/8"H x 5-5/16"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # STEREOPHONIC
What's in the box:
- 3-channel amplifier
- Two 40 amp ATO fuses (1 installed/1 spare)
- 4mm Allen wrench
- 2mm Allen wrench
- Four 3/4" Screws
- Owner's manual
- RetroSound contact information
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the RetroSound Stereophonic
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||
65 x 2 |
170 x 1
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||N/A|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||90 x 2|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||180 x 1|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||2|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Best Frequency Response||24-65k Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||0.2%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||95 dB|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-250 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||24 dB/octave|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||40-400 Hz|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||24 dB/octave|
|Bass Boost||0-12 dB|
|Bass Boost Frequency||50 Hz|
|Speaker Level Inputs||No|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Channel Configuration: The Stereo Phonic is a 3-channel amp; essentially a full range 2-channel amp and a mono subwoofer amp built into one chassis. The full range section is bridgeable, so the it can be configured as a 3-channel or 2-channel amplifier.
- Channels 1/2:
- 4Ω: 65 watts RMS x 2-channels
- 2Ω: 90 watts RMS x 2-channels
- Bridged: 180 watts RMS x 1-channel into 4Ω
- Channel 3:
- 4Ω: 170 watts RMS x 1-channel
- 2Ω: 229 watts RMS x 1-channel
Gain Control: The input levels are independently adjustable for channels 1/2 and channel 3. The input range for both is 200mV to 6.0 Volts.
Crossover: The amp has independent crossover controls for channels 1/2 and channel 3. The crossover slopes for both are 24 dB/octave:
- Channels 1/2: high pass; rotary dial; continuously variable 40-400 Hz
- Channel 3: low pass; rotary dial; continuously variable 50-250 Hz
Input Mode: The two position input mode switch allows choosing 2-channel (only the channel 1/2 RCA inputs are active) or 3-channel (all 4 RCA inputs are active).
Bass Boost: The bass boost on channel 3, centered at 50 Hz, is continuously variable from 0 dB (flat) to +12 dB.
Power Input: Two set-screw terminals are provided for connecting the power and ground cables. The terminals accept up to 4-gauge wire. The set screws are tightened/loosened with the included 4mm Allen wrench.
Remote: The remote turn-on set screw terminal accepts up to 10-gauge wire. The set screw is tightened/loosened with the included 2mm Allen wrench.
Speaker Outputs: The three pair of speaker output set-screw terminals will accept up to 10-gauge wire. The set screws are tightened/loosened with the included 2mm Allen wrench.
Signal Input: The amplifier has two pair of RCA input jacks, labeled channel 1/2 and channel 3.
Fuses: The amp has one 40-amp ATO fuse, behind a cover panel on the bottom of the amp.