About the RetroSound Technophonic
RetroSound's modest-looking Technophonic 5-channel amplifier can power your entire system, sending 65 watts RMS to each of your front and rear speakers while delivering up to 330 watts RMS to your subwoofer. Highly efficient Class D technology keeps this powerful amp running as cool as it looks, and allows for a compact chassis less than 2 inches high that'll fit in a lot of out-of-the-way locations.
For the loud crowd
The Technophonic can also be set up for 3-channel operation to power a couple of high-performance speakers with 190 watts RMS each, while sending 330 watts to a sub. High- and low-pass filters, with steep 24 dB per octave slopes, let you fine-tune the signal to precisely match your particular speakers and subs.
Extra bass controls
The Technophonic's subwoofer channel features a bass boost, so you can really pile it on if you want. A wired remote lets you adjust the level of bass for each song from your front seat.
- 5-channel car amplifier
- 65 watts RMS x 4 + 225 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms
- 95 watts RMS x 4 + 330 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms
- 190 watts RMS x 2 bridged at 4 ohms + 330 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms
- Class D amp technology
- variable high-pass filters (40-400 Hz, 24 dB/octave) on front and rear channels
- variable low-pass filter (50-250 Hz, 24 dB/octave) on subwoofer channel
- variable bass boost (0-12 dB at 50 Hz) on subwoofer channel
- wired remote sub channel gain control with 16-foot cable
- RCA preamp inputs
- fuse rating: 35A x 2
- wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- 8-gauge power and ground leads recommended
- dimensions: 13-11/16"W x 1-7/8"H x 5-5/16"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # TECHNOPHONIC
What's in the box:
- 5-channel amplifier
- Four 35 amp ATO fuses (2 installed/2 spare)
- Wired remote subwoofer gain control
- 16' Remote cable (3.5mm stereo plug on one end/RJ-25 plug on the other)
- 4mm Allen wrench
- 2mm Allen wrench
- Four 3/4" Screws
- Four 3/8" Screws
- Owner's manual
- RetroSound contact information
RetroSound Technophonic reviews
A very nice unit that was easy to install and sounds great in a classic car
0 of 0 found this helpful
More details on the RetroSound Technophonic
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||
65 x 4 |
225 x 1
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||N/A|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||95 x 4|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||190 x 2|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||2|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Best Frequency Response||24-65k Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||0.2%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||95 dB|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-250 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||24 dB/octave|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||40-400 Hz|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||24 dB/octave|
|Bass Boost||0-12 dB|
|Bass Boost Frequency||50 Hz|
|Speaker Level Inputs||No|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Channel Configuration: The Techno Phonic is a 5-channel amp; essentially two full range 2-channel amps and a mono subwoofer amp built into one chassis. The full range sections are bridgeable, so the it can be configured as a 5-channel, 4-channel, or 3-channel amplifier.
- Channels 1/2 and 3/4:
- 4Ω: 65 watts RMS x 4-channels
- 2Ω: 95 watts RMS x 4-channels
- Bridged: 190 watts RMS x 2-channel into 4Ω
- Channel 5:
- 4Ω: 225 watts RMS x 1-channel
- 2Ω: 330 watts RMS x 1-channel
Gain Control: The input levels are independently adjustable for channels 1/2, channels 3/4, and channel 5. The input range for all three is 200mV to 6.0 Volts.
Crossover: The amp has independent crossover controls for channels 1/2, channels 3/4, and channel 5. The crossover slopes for all are 24 dB/octave:
- Channels 1/2 and 3/4: high pass; rotary dial; continuously variable 40-400 Hz
- Channel 5: low pass; rotary dial; continuously variable 50-250 Hz
Input Mode: The three position input mode switch allows choosing 2-channel (only the channel 1/2 RCA inputs are active), 4-channel (only channel 1/2 and 3/4 RCA inputs are active), or 5-channel (all 6 RCA inputs are active).
Bass Boost: The bass boost on channel 5, centered at 50 Hz, is continuously variable from 0 dB (flat) to +12 dB.
Remote Punch Level Control: The amp includes a wired subwoofer level control, linked to the gain control of the subwoofer amplifier (channel 5). The module allows you to remotely control the output level of the sub from the dash or center console. The remote has a rotary dial, and comes with mounting hardware and a 16' cable.
Note: The remote measures approximately 1.565" wide x 1.165" high x 2.20" deep.
Power Input: Two set-screw terminals are provided for connecting the power and ground cables. The terminals accept up to 4-gauge wire. The set screws are tightened/loosened with the included 4mm Allen wrench.
Remote: The remote turn-on set screw terminal accepts up to 10-gauge wire. The set screw is tightened/loosened with the included 2mm Allen wrench.
Speaker Outputs: The five pair of speaker output set-screw terminals will accept up to 10-gauge wire. The set screws are tightened/loosened with the included 2mm Allen wrench.
Signal Input: The amplifier has three pair of RCA input jacks, labeled channel 1/2, channel 3/4, and channel 5.
Fuses: The amp has two 35-amp ATO fuses, behind a cover panel on the bottom of the amp.