About the Dual MCP1237BTB
Better sound and Bluetooth for your boat
Better sound and Bluetooth for your boat
Upgrading your boat's sound system is a great way to make every day on the water a little bit better. With this marine audio combo from Dual, you can upgrade your sound and improve your functionality without emptying your wallet.
This package includes a marine-rated AM/FM/CD receiver with built-in Bluetooth connectivity, a set of weather-resistant 6-1/2" marine speakers, an antenna, a floating remote control, and even mounting hardware. You'll get great sound, marine-rated reliability, and plenty of cool features.
Plenty of ways to play music
With the Dual MCD237BT receiver, you'll have more ways to enjoy your music collection on your boat. You can enjoy a favorite CD, play music stored on a USB drive, or plug an audio device into the front AUX input. And built-in Bluetooth connectivity lets you stream music or make and take calls!
The package includes a durable rubber antenna, which you can install out of sight. If you want to connect an external amp, you'll find a set of 2-volt RCA outputs.
Made for marine use
Dual designed this receiver to handle the extremes of life on the water, with a UV-resistant exterior that resists fading and a conformal-coated PC board that resists corrosion. All the openings are protected from salt and spray when not in use. It's available in white or black, so it'll blend into most boat interiors.
The fold-down faceplate features a 10-character black-on-white display that's easy to read day or night. When you leave your boat at the dock, you can detach the face and store it until you're ready to head out again.
All this, and speakers, too
The included Dual DMP672 marine speakers pair up perfectly with this receiver. These durable 6-1/2" dual-cone speakers provide plenty of punch and excellent clarity. They're designed to resist sun and spray, so you'll enjoy great sound for seasons to come.
Installation note: This marine radio is water-resistant, but we recommend mounting it in a water-resistant enclosure or using a cover for best performance.
Available in White or Black, to suit most boats
- package includes a Dual MCD237BT CD receiver, a hideaway antenna, and a pair of DMP672 6-1/2" marine speakers
- available in white or black
Dual MCD237BT CD receiver
- marine CD receiver with built-in amplifier (16 watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels)
- includes hideaway antenna and floating remote control
- built-in Bluetooth connectivity
- stream music or make and take calls
- AM/FM receiver
- detachable face (black/white display, blue buttons)
- inputs: front-panel AUX input and USB port
- USB input charges most devices; works with thumb drives
- 3.5mm aux input for MP3 and other music players
- outputs: 2-channel preamp outputs (2-volt front)
- waterproof, conformal coated circuit boards
- includes hideaway antenna and floating remote control
- warranty: 2 years
DMP672 marine speakers
- 6-1/2" marine speakers
- polypropylene cone with poly-coated cloth surround
- dual cone design
- power rating: 20 watts RMS (100 watts peak)
- made for marine use
- sensitivity: 88 dB
- frequency response: 45-15,000 Hz
- top mount depth: 2-1/8"
- cutout diameter: 5-1/8"
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # MCP1237BTB
What's in the box:
- Dual MCD237BT:
- Marine CD receiver (10A fuse)
- Detachable face (attached)
- Sleeve (installed)
- Wiring harness
- Remote control (CR2025 3V battery installed))
- 40" AM/FM wire antenna (MAW40)
- 4 Small ISO-screws
- 4 Large ISO-screws
- Rear-support stud
- 2 Removal tools
- Quick Start Guide
- Dual DMP672:
- 2 Marine dual-cone speakers
- 2 Grilles
- Two 12' lengths of speaker wire (quick-slide connectors on one end)
- 8 Screws
- Grille removal tool
- Installation/Owner's Manual
Dual MCP1237BTB reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Dual MCP1237BTB
Marine Certified: The Dual MCD237BTB marine CD receiver is specifically designed and built to last in harsh marine environments.
- Conformal Coating: A transparent protective film is applied to surfaces of all interior printed circuit boards. This additional layer of defense guards against dust, condensation, and corrosion; ensuring maximum longevity in demanding marine installations.
- UV Resistant Construction: The faceplate and other exposed elements of the receiver are carefully injection-molded using high-temperature ultra-violet resistant resins, preventing them from breaking down in the sun and give you peace of mind to enjoy your music on the water.
- EDP Chassis: Applied using an electrical charge, EDP (Electrophoretically Deposited Paint) offers unparalleled protections against corrosion and rust resistance. All exterior metal surface including cassis, heatsink, and mounting sleeve undergo this process to ensure a long life in the marine environment.
- PET Wrapped Chassis: This tough, dirt and moisture-resistant layer of PET (polyethylene) wraps the top and the sides of the entire chassis; providing additional measure of protection from the harsh marine elements.
- Silicone Covers: Injected from high-grade silicone, this removable cover guards the receiver's front-panel USB port and 3.5mm input, protecting them from water splashes and debris. A convenient tether provides and attachment to the receiver, ensuring the covers are removable but won't get lost.
Note: Even though the Dual MCD237BTB is marine certified, it is still recommended that it be used with a universal marine cover (sold separately - see Accessories Tab) for further protection from the harsh marine elements.
Detachable Face: The head unit's face-plate is detachable to deter theft (no face case provided). An optional soft face case (142DFC1X, sold separately) can also be purchased for this unit.
Positive LCD Screen: The vibrant positive-type LCD screen provides enhanced visibility under the toughest boating environments. High-contrast black characters on a white background ensure readability in any situation from total darkness to direct sunlight.
Remote Control: The included 17-button IR remote control provides wireless operation of the CD receiver; the remote is powered by a pre-installed CR2025 3V battery. The MCD237BTB also features a 3.5mm wired remote input and supports Dual's MRF40 marine RF remote control (sold separately) for wireless operation without direct line of sight.
Built-In Bluetooth: The Dual MCD237BTB is equipped with built-in Bluetooth allowing you to make and receive phone calls wirelessly through the receiver; as well as stream music wirelessly from your smartphone to the head unit. Before using your Bluetooth enabled device, it must be paired to the MCD237BTB. You can pair up to eight devices, but only one device can connected and used at a time. Once paired, when your Bluetooth device is in close proximity to the Dual receiver, the auto connection function automatically connects the two units. The Dual MCD237BTB is compatible with most Bluetooth enabled mobile phones, including the Apple iPhone and Android smartphones.
- Hands-Free Communication w/ Integrated Mic: The Dual MCD237BTB allows for wireless communication between the head unit and your Bluetooth enabled smartphone. Use the integrated front-panel microphone to speak into during your phone conversation, while the other party will be heard through your vehicle's speakers. Your car audio speakers will mute automatically during a call. You can answer an incoming call from the head unit's front-panel control, or you can set the head unit to auto answer all incoming calls. Incoming phone call information will be displayed on the unit's front-panel LCD. You can choose a phone number from a list of recently dialed, received, or missed calls using the head unit's front-panel controls. You can also quickly redial the last number from the head unit's front-panel. This head unit does not offer direct entry of a phone number or phonebook transfer. You can also make a call from your phone and then transfer over to the head unit.
- Bluetooth Audio Streaming: The Dual MCD237BTB also allows you to play back stored music and streamed music apps from your Bluetooth enabled smartphone, tablet, or portable music player using a Bluetooth connection. Playback controls included Play/Pause & Next/Previous Track. This unit does not display song/artist information from Bluetooth audio devices. When an incoming call or outgoing call is in progress from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone, audio streaming will be paused so you can take your call. Once the call is finished, your streaming music will resume.
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the Dual MCD237BTB.
Disc Compatibility: The Dual MCD237BTB supports CD-Audio, CD-R, and CD-RW disc playback. The head unit also supports playback of MP3 music files recorded onto CD-R and CD-RW discs. A CD disc can be inserted or ejected with the power off. When a disc is inserted with the power off, the unit will automatically power up and begin playback. If a disc is ejected and not removed within 10 seconds, the unit will reload the disc.
USB Input: The Dual CD receiver is equipped with a front-panel USB (type-A) which enables connection of a portable USB mass-storage class (MSC) device, such as a USB thumbdrive (up to 64GB). The head unit supports playback of MP3 music files stored on a compatible USB mass storage device. The unit's USB port will also charge (1A) your USB devices during connection.
Note: The unit's USB port does not support connection of an Apple iOS or Android OS device.
Supported Media Files: The MP3 music files recorded on your CD-R/RW disc or USB mass storage device must meet the following requirements for proper playback on this head unit.
|Media Type||Disc (CD-R/RW)||USB MSC|
|File System||ISO9660 Level 1/2 or Yellow Book Mode 1/2||FAT/FAT32|
|Compatible Audio Files||MP3 (8-48kHz / 32-320kbps)|
|Folder/File Limit||255 Folders/999 Files|
|Metadata Support||ID3-tags (1.0-2.4)|
Playback & Search Functions: When a CD or USB memory device is first inserted, playback will begin automatically. The head unit also offers the following playback & search features for music files stored on your CD or USB memory device.
- Play/Pause: Play or pause tracks.
- Folder Access: Selects previous or next folder.
- Intro: Plays the first 10 seconds of each track in a folder.
- Track Select: Skip to the beginning of the next rack or return to the beginning of the previous track.
- Fast Forward/Reverse: Fast forward or reverse through a selected track.
- Repeat: Continuously repeat the current track or device.
- Random: Plays all tracks on the device or in the current folder in random order.
Note: MP3 playback sequence is based on order the files are copied to the CD-R/RW disc or USB device and begins in the root folder. Any empty folders or folders that do not include MP3 files are skipped. Depending on your software, the playback order may vary.
Aux Input: There is a front-panel 3.5mm auxiliary input for connecting a temporary external portable audio device, such as a portable MP3 player.
AM/FM Tuner: The Dual marine head unit features a built-in AM/FM tuner with manual, seek, and preset tuning. You can store up to 18 FM station presets and 12 AM station presets (manually or automatically). The Local function allows only strong radio stations to be received, blocking stations with weaker signals. You can even switch the tuner between USA or European tuning. A 40" wired AM/FM antenna is included.
MOSFET Amplifier: The Dual marine receiver is equipped with a MOSFET amplifier. Compared to conventional power supplies, the MOSFET amplification circuit is smaller and more efficient, and it delivers increased power with less distortion and absolutely zero on/off switching noise. More power means louder and cleaner music at higher volumes because you're not pushing the limits of the amplification circuit. The power output specs for the head unit are as follows:
- CTA2006 Specs: 16 watts RMS x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 20Hz-20kHz, 1% THD-N)
- Maximum Power Output: 50 watts x 4 channels (200 watts total)
Note: The power specifications for this head unit are compliant with the CTA2006 Mobile Amplifier Power Testing and Measurement standards from the Consumer Technology Association (CTA). These standards were developed as a way to equitably compare power specs from model to model and between manufacturers.
2V/2Ch Preouts: The Dual marine receiver features 2-channels of 2-volt preouts to connect an external amplifier.
Equalizer: The Dual CD receiver features the following preset EQ curves (Pop, Rock, Jazz, Classical, Beat, Flat, or User) to customize your music listening. The User mode allows you to manually adjust the receiver's Bass & Treble settings.
Loudness: The Loudness function enhances the bass & treble frequencies at low volumes. This feature can be turned On or Off.
Source Volume Level: The Source Volume Level control allows a gain adjustment for each audio source (Disc, Tuner, Aux, Bluetooth, USB). You can set the source volume level (+/-6dB) for each mode, depending on the relative volume of each audio source.
Programmable Turn-On Volume: You can program the marine CD receiver to turn on at a specific volume level (1-30).
Key Beep: When this function is enabled, every button press will output a beep tone.
Marine Speakers: Included in this marine package is a pair of marine-rated speakers (DMP672). The speakers feature a 2-way design with a 6.5" injection-molded polypropylene cone woofer with a poly-coated cloth surround and a 1" cone tweeter. The speakers offer a frequency response of 45-15kHz and can handle up to 20 watts (RMS) or 100 watts (peak). The speakers are rated at 4-ohm with a sensitivity rating of 88dB (1W/1M). The marine speakers feature a plastic frame and include plastic grilles that are detachable; both are UV-resistant. Dimensions are as follows -
- Mounting Height: 1.0625"
- Mounting Depth: 2.125"
- Frame Diameter: 7.125"
- Cut Out Diameter: 5.125"
- Bolt Pattern: 4 screw holes that are 4.5" apart (stainless steel hardware is provided)
Note: Two 12' lengths of speaker wire are included.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?