About the Dual MXD337BT
Plenty of ways to enjoy your music
Plenty of ways to enjoy your music
With the Dual MXD337BT digital media receiver, you'll have more ways to enjoy your music collection on your boat. Who needs CDs? With this receiver, you can play music stored on your phone, plug in a USB drive, or connect another audio device to the front AUX input. The built-in Bluetooth® connectivity lets you stream music or make and take calls, so it'll add versatility and convenience to your cockpit.
Waves of sound
If you want to connect an external amp, you'll find two sets of 2-volt RCA outputs. You also get bass and treble controls, plus 4 preset EQ curves to suit your preferences. Dual includes a wireless remote control so you can command the tunes from the other side of your skiff.
Made for marine use
Dual designed this receiver to handle the extremes of life on the water, with a UV-resistant exterior that resists fading and a conformal-coated PC board that resists corrosion. All the openings are protected from salt and spray when not in use. The faceplate features a 7-character black-on-white display that's easy to read day or night.
Installation note: This marine radio is water-resistant, but we recommend mounting it in a water-resistant enclosure or using a cover for best performance.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
- marine digital media receiver with AM/FM tuner (does not play CDs)
- Bluetooth hands-free calling and audio streaming
- plays MP3 music files
- 7-character black-on-white LCD screen
- waterproof, conformal coated circuit boards
- removable silicone covers for USB and aux inputs
- wireless remote control included
- 4 preset EQ curves
- bass and treble controls
- inputs: front USB and aux (minijack) inputs
- outputs: 4-channel preamp outputs (2-volt front, rear)
Other Features and Specs:
- built-in amplifier (16 watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels)
- built-in microphone
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # MXD337BT
What's in the box:
- Marine digital media receiver (10A fuse)
- Trim-ring (installed)
- Sleeve (installed)
- Wiring harness
- Remote control (CR2025 3V battery installed))
- 4 ISO-screws
- 2 Removal tools
- Quick Start Guide
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Dual MXD337BT
Features & specs
|Backup Camera Input||No|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Alexa Voice Control||N|
|Memory Card Slot||USB|
|Satellite Radio Ready||No|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||16 watts|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||16 watts|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||No|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)|
|Preamp Voltage||2 volts|
|Key Button Color||Blue|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||No|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
|FM Sensitivity||8.5 dBf|
|Radio Data System||No|
|Music File Playback||MP3|
|Second Camera Input Lane Watch||N|
Marine Certified: The Dual MXD337BT marine digital media receiver is specifically designed and built to last in harsh marine environments.
- Conformal Coating: A transparent protective film is applied to surfaces of all interior printed circuit boards. This additional layer of defense guards against dust, condensation, and corrosion; ensuring maximum longevity in demanding marine installations.
- UV Resistant Construction: The faceplate and other exposed elements of the receiver are carefully injection-molded using high-temperature ultra-violet resistant resins, preventing them from breaking down in the sun and give you peace of mind to enjoy your music on the water.
- EDP Chassis: Applied using an electrical charge, EDP (Electrophoretically Deposited Paint) offers unparalleled protections against corrosion and rust resistance. All exterior metal surface including cassis, heatsink, and mounting sleeve undergo this process to ensure a long life in the marine environment.
- PET Wrapped Chassis: This tough, dirt and moisture-resistant layer of PET (polyethylene) wraps the top and the sides of the entire chassis; providing additional measure of protection from the harsh marine elements.
- Silicone Covers: Injected from high-grade silicone, this removable cover guards the receiver's front-panel USB port and 3.5mm input, protecting them from water splashes and debris. A convenient tether provides and attachment to the receiver, ensuring the covers are removable but won't get lost.
Note: Even though the Dual MXD337BT is marine certified, it is still recommended that it be used with a universal marine cover (sold separately - see Accessories Tab) for further protection from the harsh marine elements.
Positive LCD Screen: The vibrant positive-type LCD screen provides enhanced visibility under the toughest boating environments. High-contrast black characters on a white background ensure readability in any situation from total darkness to direct sunlight.
Remote Control: The included 17-button IR remote control provides wireless operation of the digital media receiver; the remote is powered by a pre-installed CR2025 3V battery.
Built-In Bluetooth: The Dual MXD337BT is equipped with built-in Bluetooth allowing you to make and receive phone calls wirelessly through the receiver; as well as stream music wirelessly from your smartphone to the head unit. Before using your Bluetooth enabled device, it must be paired to the MXD337BT. You can pair up to eight devices, but only one device can connected and used at a time. Once paired, when your Bluetooth device is in close proximity to the Dual receiver, the auto connection function automatically connects the two units. The Dual MXD337BT is compatible with most Bluetooth enabled mobile phones, including the Apple iPhone and Android smartphones.
- Hands-Free Communication w/ Integrated Mic: The Dual MXD337BT allows for wireless communication between the head unit and your Bluetooth enabled smartphone. Use the integrated front-panel microphone to speak into during your phone conversation, while the other party will be heard through your vehicle's speakers. Your car audio speakers will mute automatically during a call. You can answer an incoming call from the head unit's front-panel control, or you can set the head unit to auto answer all incoming calls. Incoming phone call information will be displayed on the unit's front-panel LCD. You can choose a phone number from a list of recently dialed, received, or missed calls using the head unit's front-panel controls. You can also quickly redial the last number from the head unit's front-panel. This head unit does not offer direct entry of a phone number or phonebook transfer. You can also make a call from your phone and then transfer over to the head unit.
- Bluetooth Audio Streaming: The Dual MXD337BT also allows you to play back stored music and streamed music apps from your Bluetooth enabled smartphone, tablet, or portable music player using a Bluetooth connection. Playback controls included Play/Pause & Next/Previous Track. This unit does not display song/artist information from Bluetooth audio devices. When an incoming call or outgoing call is in progress from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone, audio streaming will be paused so you can take your call. Once the call is finished, your streaming music will resume.
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the Dual MXD337BT.
USB Input: The Dual digital media receiver is equipped with a front-panel USB (type-A) which enables connection of a portable USB mass-storage class (MSC) device, such as a USB thumbdrive (up to 64GB). The head unit supports playback of MP3 music files stored on a compatible USB mass storage device. The unit's USB port will also charge (1A) your USB devices during connection.
Note: The unit's USB port does not support connection of an Apple iOS or Android OS device.
Supported Media Files: The MP3 music files recorded on a USB mass storage device must meet the following requirements for proper playback on this head unit.
|Media Type||USB MSC|
|Compatible Audio Files||MP3 (8-48kHz / 32-320kbps)|
|Folder/File Limit||255 Folders/999 Files|
|Metadata Support||ID3-tags (1.0-2.4)|
Playback & Search Functions: When a USB memory device is first inserted, playback will begin automatically. The head unit also offers the following playback & search features for music files stored on your USB memory device.
- Play/Pause: Play or pause tracks.
- Folder Access: Selects previous or next folder.
- Intro: Plays the first 10 seconds of each track in a folder.
- Track Select: Skip to the beginning of the next rack or return to the beginning of the previous track.
- Fast Forward/Reverse: Fast forward or reverse through a selected track.
- Repeat: Continuously repeat the current track or device.
- Random: Plays all tracks on the device or in the current folder in random order.
Note: MP3 playback sequence is based on order the files are copied to the USB device and begins in the root folder. Any empty folders or folders that do not include MP3 files are skipped. Depending on your software, the playback order may vary.
Aux Input: There is a front-panel 3.5mm auxiliary input for connecting a temporary external portable audio device, such as a portable MP3 player.
AM/FM Tuner: The Dual marine head unit features a built-in AM/FM tuner with manual, seek, and preset tuning. You can store up to 18 FM station presets and 12 AM station presets (manually or automatically). The Local function allows only strong radio stations to be received, blocking stations with weaker signals. You can even switch the tuner between USA or European tuning.
MOSFET Amplifier: The Dual marine receiver is equipped with a MOSFET amplifier. Compared to conventional power supplies, the MOSFET amplification circuit is smaller and more efficient, and it delivers increased power with less distortion and absolutely zero on/off switching noise. More power means louder and cleaner music at higher volumes because you're not pushing the limits of the amplification circuit. The power output specs for the head unit are as follows:
- CTA2006 Specs: 16 watts RMS x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 20Hz-20kHz, 1% THD-N)
- Maximum Power Output: 50 watts x 4 channels (200 watts total)
Note: The power specifications for this head unit are compliant with the CTA2006 Mobile Amplifier Power Testing and Measurement standards from the Consumer Technology Association (CTA). These standards were developed as a way to equitably compare power specs from model to model and between manufacturers.
2V/4Ch Preouts: The Dual marine receiver features 4-channels of 2-volt preouts to connect an external amplifier. Theses preouts can be used as fading front & rear channels.
Equalizer: The Dual digital media receiver features the following preset EQ curves (Pop, Classical, Rock, Flat, or Off) to customize your music listening. The Off mode allows you to manually adjust the receiver's Bass & Treble settings.
Loudness: The Loudness function enhances the bass & treble frequencies at low volumes. This feature can be turned On or Off.
Key Beep: When this function is enabled, every button press will output a beep tone.