About the Axxera AC328BT
Simple styling and easy-to-use controls — I like to see that in a car stereo. Axxera's AC328BT CD receiver delivers a nice cosmetic upgrade for your dash, while ensuring that you'll enjoy all your music.
Slide in a CD, or plug in a thumb drive full of MP3 files, into the front-panel charging USB port. With a powerful built-in amp driving your speakers, you're certain to enjoy the sound. And the sharp white-on-black 8-character LCD display is easy to read — day or night. Two sets of preamp outputs come in handy when you decide to expand your system with an outboard amp.
If you're like me, you get more and more of your music fixes from the cloud. Tapping into that is easy when you're on the road with the AC328BT's Bluetooth audio streaming. And of course you'll never miss a call. The built-in microphone simplifies installation while providing clear, crisp sound.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
- CD receiver with AM/FM tuner
- partial detachable face
- 8-digit LCD display
- built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling and audio streaming
- built-in microphone
- wireless remote
- plays MP3 files on thumb drives or CDs
- bass and treble controls with 4 preset tone curves
- outputs: 4-channel preamp outputs (2-volt front, rear)
- inputs: front USB input (no iPod control), front auxiliary input
- built-in MOSFET amplifier (16 watts RMS CTA-2006/50 peak x 4 channels)
- CTA-2006 compliant
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # AC328BT
What's in the box:
- CD receiver (10A fuse)
- Detachable front-panel (attached)
- Wiring harness
- 2 Brackets
- Remote control (CR2025 battery installed)
- 8 ISO-screws
- Quick Start Guide
More details on the Axxera AC328BT
Features & specs
|Backup Camera Input||No|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Memory Card Slot||USB|
|Satellite Radio Ready||No|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||16 watts|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||16 watts|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||No|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Preamp Voltage||2 volts|
|Key Button Color||Blue|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||No|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
|Radio Data System||No|
Bluetooth Technology: The Axxera AC328BT is equipped with built-in Bluetooth allowing you to make and receive phone calls wirelessly through the receiver; as well as stream music wirelessly from your smartphone to the head unit. In order to use Bluetooth wireless technology, your phone must also be Bluetooth compatible and be able to interpret certain profiles. This unit is compatible with the following Bluetooth Profiles:
- Hands-Free Communication: HFP 1.5 (Hands Free Profile)
- Audio Streaming: A2DP 1.2 (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile), AVRCP 1.3 (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile).
Pairing: Before using your Bluetooth enabled device, it must be paired to the AC328BT. Multiple devices can be paired to the unit, but only one can be used at a time. The AC328BT is compatible with most Bluetooth enabled mobile phones, including the Apple iPhone and Android smartphones.
Hands-Free Communication (w/ Integrated Mic): The Axxera AC328BT supports Bluetooth hands-free communication from your Bluetooth-enabled mobile phone. An integrated front-panel microphone carries on your side of the conversation while your car's speakers are used to hear the other person.
- Answering A Call: During an incoming call, the caller's number will display on the front-panel LCD and a ring-tone will be heard through your car stereo speakers. You can then manually answer the incoming call from the head unit's front-panel by pressing the "phone" button.
- Making A Call: You will continue to use your mobile phone to make a call. Once you have made a call from your paired phone, the conversation will automatically transfer to the head unit. There is a Redial feature, which allows you to dial the last number you called by pressing and holding the "phone" button on the unit's front-panel.
Bluetooth Audio (A2DP/AVRCP): The Axxera AC328BT also allows you to play back stored music and streamed music apps from your Bluetooth enabled phone, tablet, or player using a Bluetooth connection. Playback controls included Play/Pause & Next/Previous Track. This unit does not display song/artist information from Bluetooth audio devices. Advanced music navigation and song/artist information is still done from your Bluetooth device.
Note: When an incoming call or outgoing call is in progress from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone, audio streaming will be paused so you can take your call. Once the call is finished, your streaming music will resume.
Disc Compatibility: The Axxera AC328BT head unit supports CD-Audio, CD-R, and CD-RW disc playback. The head unit supports playback of MP3 music files recorded onto CD-R and CD-RW discs.
- Off Insert/Eject: A CD disc can be inserted or ejected with the power off. When a disc is inserted with the power off, the unit will automatically power up and begin playback.
- Auto-Reload: If a disc is ejected and not removed within 15 seconds, the unit will reload the disc.
Front-Panel USB Port: The Axxera AC328BT is equipped with front-panel USB (type-A) which enables connection of a portable USB mass-storage class (MSC) device; such as select portable digital audio player or USB thumbdrives (up to 64GB). The head unit supports playback of MP3 music files stored on a compatible USB mass storage device. The unit's USB port will also charge (max. 2.1A) your USB devices during connection.
Note: The unit's USB port does not support connection of Apple iOS or Android OS devices.
Playback & Search Functions: The AC328BT offers several convenient playback & search functions for your music.
- File/Folder Search: This search function allows navigation through compressed music files' folders to find a specific file or for playback.
- Repeat: You can repeat a single track, a specific folder, or an entire disc/USB device.
- Random: You can shuffle the playback order of all your songs or only the songs in a specific folder or disc/USB device.
- Intro Scan: You can scan the first 10 seconds of each track or the first 10 seconds of each track in a folder or disc/USB device.
Front-Panel Aux Input: There is a front-panel 3.5mm auxiliary input for connection of an external portable audio device, such as a portable MP3 player.
CTA-2006 Compliant: The power specifications for the AC328BT are compliant with the CTA-2006 Mobile Amplifier Power Testing and Measurement standards from the Consumer Technology Association (CTA). These standards were developed as a way to equitably compare power specs from model to model and between manufacturers.
- CTA-2006 Specs: 16 watts RMS x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 20Hz-20kHz, 1% THD-N)
- Maximum Power Output: 50 watts x 4 channels (200 watts total)
4Ch/2V Pre-Outs: The Axxera AC328BT is equipped with 4Ch/2V pre-outs (front & rear) to connect an external amplifier.
EQ Presets: You can choose between 5 EQ presets - Flat, Pop, Classic, Rock, or Off (User). The Off (User) mode activates manual Bass & Treble adjustment.
Loudness: The Loudness feature compensates for deficiencies in the low and high sound ranges at low volume. This feature can be turned On or Off.
Key Beep: The in-dash head unit provides an audible beep to confirm button operation. This feature be turned On or Off.
AM/FM Radio: The Axxera AC328BT features a built-in AM/FM tuner with manual, seek, and preset tuning. You can store up to 18 FM station presets and 12 AM station presets (manually or automatically). You can select a preset station directly or scan through all your presets in the current band. The Local function allows only strong radio stations to be received, blocking stations with weaker signals. You can select between US or European tuning.
Extra-Large Display: The Axxera AC328BT is equipped with an extra-large, single-line display (8-digit) with white text and a black background that is easy to read. You can manually dim the brightness of the display.
Detachable Front-Panel: The front control panel of the AC328BT is detachable to deter theft. No face case is included with the unit. An optional soft face case (142DFC1X, sold separately) can be purchased for this unit.
IR Remote: The AC328BT comes supplied with a 17-button IR remote control which provides complete wireless operation of the Axxera CD Receiver.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
1 question already asked