About the Axxera ACPM6628BT
Love your iPhone®?
Love your iPhone®?
Axxera's ACPM6628BT digital multimedia receiver gives you everything you love about your iPhone right in your dash. With onboard Apple CarPlay®, you can quickly navigate your phone's music, maps, and contacts using the receiver's big touchscreen and your voice. When you don't want to be tethered to the stereo, built-in Bluetooth® lets you wirelessly stream music from various apps on your smartphone and take hands-free calls.
CarPlay integrates your iPhone into the driving experience in a touchscreen interface, putting iPhone content at the driver's fingertips with minimal distraction. That means easy access to your music library, audiobooks, phone, messages, navigation, and many third-party streaming music apps, too. Learn more at www.apple.com/ios/carplay.
The freedom of Bluetooth®
Bluetooth gives you wireless streaming for stored music, music apps, podcasts, and audiobooks. This receiver also lets you take and make calls while keeping your hands on the wheel. Axxera includes an external microphone to ensure the best call quality possible.
The look and the sound
The vibrant 6.2" touchscreen display makes navigating sources and apps a breeze, and with a connected backup camera (not included), you'll have a useful view for backing in and out of tight parking spots. Use the receiver's rear USB input to charge your phone and to access Apple CarPlay.
Tweak your sound with Axxera's 10-band equalizer, or jump through the seven EQ presets for quick tone changes. To get more impact out of your system, six preamp outputs let you connect amplifiers to power your speakers and subs.
Want to keep your car's steering wheel audio controls?
In most cars, you'll need an adapter to retain those controls with this car stereo. Connect a few wires, then program the adapter for your particular car and radio, and you'll retain the convenience of your steering wheel controls. You'll see the adapters that work with your vehicle when you add this receiver to your cart.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
This digital multimedia receiver will not play CDs.
- digital media receiver with AM/FM tuner (does not play CDs)
- 6.2" capacitive touchscreen with icon-based controls
- fits double-DIN dash openings
- works with Apple CarPlay
- Siri voice control
- built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling and audio streaming
- plays USB memory devices
- 10-band equalizer with seven presets
- inputs: rear USB ports, rear auxiliary input (RCA), rear-view camera input
- outputs: 6-channel preamp outputs (4-volt front, rear, subwoofer)
- built-in internal amp (14 watts RMS CTA-2006/50 peak x 4 channels)
- CTA-2006 compliant
- compatible with most factory steering wheel audio controls (adapter required)
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # ACPM6628BT
What's in the box:
- Digital media receiver w/ integrated 6.2" touchscreen monitor (10A fuse)
- Wiring harness
- Remote control (CR2025 3V battery installed)
- 18" USB extension cable
- External microphone (attached 9.5' cable terminated by a mono-minijack connector)
- Self-adhesive bracket
- 8 Pan-head ISO-screws
- 8 Counter-sunk ISO-screws
- Quick Start Guide
- "Congratulations" note
More details on the Axxera ACPM6628BT
Features & specs
|AUX Input||RCA (rear)|
|Backup Camera Input||Yes|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Siri Control||CarPlay only|
|Memory Card Slot||USB memory|
|Satellite Radio Ready||No|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||14 watts|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||14 watts|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||1kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Preamp Voltage||4 volts|
|Key Button Color||Blue|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||Adapter required|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
|FM Sensitivity||10 dBf|
|Radio Data System||No|
iPhone & CarPlay Compatible
Bluetooth & USB Integration
Audio & Tuner Section
6.2" LCD Touchscreen: The Axxera ACPM6628BT features a 6.2" LCD touchscreen monitor (800x480) with LED backlighting. This unit's touchscreen controls with interactive video graphics make menu navigation simple and intuitive. The screen's brightness is adjustable.
Note: For safety reasons, you cannot view a video source on the built-in monitor as long as the vehicle is in motion. In order to display video, the pink wire of the included harness must be hardwired into the vehicle's parking brake light circuit, and the vehicle's parking brake must be engaged. Apple CarPlay works without the vehicle's parking brake engaged.
Hard-Key Controls: In addition to the 6.2" LCD touchscreen, the unit also has push-button controls and a 3-way rotary dial on the front-panel along the left edge of the screen.
Date & Time: The receiver allows you to set the Date (day/month/year) and Time (hour/minute/format). The Time is visible on each menu and source screen. The Date has to be accessed through the menu.
Remote Control: The Axxera ACPM6628BT comes with an IR remote and supports many vehicle's steering wheel controls (adapter required).
- IR Remote Control: The ACPM6628BT comes supplied with an IR remote control which provides wireless operation of the digital media receiver; including Bluetooth hands-free and audio streaming functions, as well as Siri when using CarPlay.
- Optional Steering Wheel Control Interface: The unit features a SWC (steering wheel control) input and is compatible with a PAC or Maestro steering wheel control interface adapter (sold separately - see accessory tab), so you can keep your vehicle's factory steering wheel controls.
Apple CarPlay: Apple CarPlay is the smarter, safer in-vehicle interface to operate your iPhone (iOS 7.1+) with Lightning-connector. Your iPhone must be connected to the Axxera ACPM6628BT's rear-panel USB port. Apple CarPlay launches immediately upon connecting your iPhone to the receiver via USB. A familiar user interface will appear on the receiver's touchscreen including the home button to activate Siri voice control. Use CarPlay to get directions, make phone calls, listen to voice mail, send/receive messages and select music in a way that keeps you focused on the road ahead.
- Maps: Apple Maps will be mirrored on the receiver's touchscreen, including traffic information and estimated time to destination. Use Siri or the receiver's touchscreen controls to request turn-by-turn directions, and search by address or by points-of-interests (POIs). If you have iOS 12.0 or newer on your iPhone with the latest version of Google Maps or Waze (coming soon), you can choose to navigate via Google Maps or Waze instead of CarPlay. Google Maps and Waze do not support Siri voice control, but will have there own proprietary voice control function which has to be accessed through a touchscreen icon on the receiver.
- Phone & Messages: Use Siri or the receiver's touchscreen controls to make calls, return missed call, listen to voicemail messages, and answer calls with caller ID notification. You can also ask Siri to send, read, and reply to text messages. This hands-free operation minimizes distraction and allows you to keep your hands on the wheel and eyes on the road.
- Music & Apps: Access your iPhone's music by artist , song, playlist, and more through the receiver's touchscreen control or via Siri. The receiver will mirror the iPhone screw with artist and track information, including album art. Apple CarPlay also supports audio form select music and podcasting apps - including Pandora, Spotify, iHeart Radio, TuneIn Radio, Slacker Radio, Vox, Audiobooks.com, Audible, Stitcher, MLB.com At Bat, CBS Radio News, NPR One, & OverCast.
- Bluetooth hands-free phone and wireless music streaming cannot be used while Apple CarPlay is being used with a connected iPhone.
- If the included USB extension cable is not long enough, you can replace it with the PAC 6' USB extension cable (541USBDMA6, sold separately) or a 6' Apple Certified Lightning-to-USB cable (see accessories tab). Any cable longer than 6' could cause CarPlay to not function properly. The included USB extension cannot be used in conjunction with the PAC USB extension cable (you can use one or the other).
- Apple CarPlay works without the vehicle's parking brake engaged.
iPod/iPhone USB Direct: In addition to CarPlay, the Axxera ACPM6628BT supports direct connection of select Apple iPods and iPhones with a Lightning or 30-pin connector through its rear-panel USB port for audio playback, control, song/artist/album display, and charging of your Apple device. The touchscreen of the Apple iPhone & iPod touch will remain unlocked during USB connection, so you can also access music apps form the mobile device; the click-wheel of the iPod nano and classic will lock during USB connection.
- Control: You can use the ACPM6628BT's touchscreen to browse your music by Playlist, Artist, Album, Song, Genre, or Composer. You can also control playback functions such as Play/Pause, Previous/Next Track, and Random/Repeat from the receiver's touchscreen.
- Display: The Axxera ACPM6628BT will display your iPod/iPhone's music file information from stored music and select music apps. The head unit will display elapsed playing time, artist name, song/album title, as well as album art.
- Charging: The head unit's USB connection provides 1A of current to power and charge your connected iPod/iPhone when your vehicle's ignition switch is set to the 'ACC' or 'On' position. If your iPod/iPhone has no initial battery charge, then the unit will not recognize it.
iPod/iPhone Compatibility Chart: The Axxera ACPM6628BT is "Made for iPod/iPhone" compatible and support the following iPod/iPhone model features 1/25/2018):
|Apple Device||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||Bluetooth||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Head Unit||iPod/iPhone||CarPlay||Song/Artist Text||Track Info||Album Art||Phone||Audio|
Note: Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
Bluetooth Technology: The Axxera ACPM6628BT is equipped with built-in Bluetooth, allowing you to make and receive phone calls wirelessly through the receiver; as well as stream music wirelessly from your smartphone to the head unit. In order to use Bluetooth wireless technology, your phone must also be Bluetooth compatible and be able to interpret certain profiles. This unit is compatible with the following Bluetooth Profiles - HFP (Hands Free Profile), A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile), AVRCP (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile), & SSP (Simple Securing Pairing).
- Hands-Free Communication (HFP): The
ACPM6628BT supports wireless hands-free communication for your
Bluetooth enabled mobile phone. The ACPM6628BT allows you to carry on a
phone conversation from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone using
the include external microphone and your car audio speakers. Your car audio speakers will mute
automatically during a call. During a conversation, you can switch
between the Private Mode (talking directly on your cell phone) and
the Hands Free Mode.
- Answering A Call: The ACPM6628BT allows you to answer a call from the head unit's touchscreen monitor or set the unit to automatically answer an incoming call. Incoming phone call information will be displayed on the unit's LCD monitor, while a ring-tone is heard through your front speakers.
- Making A Call: You can make a call from the ACPM6628BT using the unit's on-screen keypad (0-9), your phone's downloaded phonebook (contacts), or recent calls (dialed/received/missed).
- Wireless Audio Streaming (A2DP/AVRCP): The Axxera ACPM6628BT also allows you to play back stored music and music apps from your Bluetooth enabled smartphone, tablet, or personal music player using a Bluetooth connection. You can control basic music playback functions, such as Play/Pause & Previous/Next Track, from the ACPM6628BT's touchscreen. This unit will also display song/artist information on its touchscreen monitor.
- Simple Secure Pairing (SSP): Before using the unit's Bluetooth functions, you must pair your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone or audio device to the ACPM6628BT. The unit features SSP (Simple Secure Pairing), so you can pair and connect your device without entering a pin-code. You can only pair and connect one device at a time. The unit will auto reconnect with an already paired device.
Notes: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some mobile devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the ACPM6628BT.
USB Port: The Axxera ACPM6628BT features a USB (type-A) 2.0 port attached to the rear-chassis via a 4" pigtail and comes with a 18" USB extension cable. The USB port supports connection of a USB mass storage class device, such as a USB thumbdrive or portable digital audio player. The unit will playback of MP3 music files and JPEG photo files stored on a compatible USB MSC device (up to 64GB). USB devices that can be charged via USB will be charged when plugged into the CD receiver's USB port (max. 1A), and the vehicle's ignition switch is set to ACC or On. You will most likely need a longer USB extension cable (sold separately - see accessories tab) to access the receiver's USB port.
- Control: The ACPM6628BT offers a variety of playback & search functions, so you can find and enjoy your music in the car. Playback & Search functions include File/Folder Search, Play/Pause, Previous/Next Track, Fast Forward/Rewind, & Random/Repeat.
- Song/Artist Information: During playback, the unit's touchscreen monitor will display song, artist, and album information (including album art) - when available.
Note: The unit's USB port is not compatible with Android smartphones or tablets.
CTA-2006 Compliant: The power specifications for the ACPM6628BT are compliant with the CTA-2006 Mobile Amplifier Power Testing and Measurement standards from the Consumer Technology Association (CTA). These standards were developed as a way to equitably compare power specs from model to model and between manufacturers. The power output specs for the ACPM6628BT are as follows:
- CTA-2006 Specs: 14 watts RMS x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 20Hz-20kHz, 1% THD-N)
- Maximum Power Output: 50watts x 4 channels (200 watts total)
4V/6Ch RCA Outputs: The ACPM6628BT features front, rear and subwoofer 4-volt RCA outputs. The front and rear speaker RCA outputs are balance and fade adjustable. The subwoofer RCA output is non-fading. The subwoofer output has a built-in low-pass crossover that can be set to 80Hz, 120Hz, 160Hz, or Flat (full-range). You can also adjust the unit's subwoofer output level independently from the main volume level.
EQ & Surround Modes: The ACPM6628BT is equipped with a built-in EQ. The integrated equalizer offers 7 preset sound modes (Pop, Rock, Jazz, Classic, Beat, Flat, or User) suitable for the music genre of your choice. The User mode allows you to manually adjust the head unit's 10-band graphic EQ (32, 63, 125, 250, 500, 1k, 2k, 4k, 8k, 16k Hz). The unit also features a variety of Surround modes (Stadium, Cinema, Opera House, Karst Cave) that create a unique soundstage inside your vehicle.
Loudness: The Loudness feature compensates for deficiencies in the low and high sound ranges at low volume. This feature can be turned On or Off.
Programmable Turn-On Volume: You can set what volume the receiver turns on with each time. The volume range is 0-35.
Key Beep: The in-dash head unit provides an audible beep to confirm button operation (this can be turned On or Off).
AM/FM Tuner: The Axxera ACPM6628BT features a built-in AM/FM tuner with manual, seek, & preset tuning. The built-in AM/FM tuner allows you to store up to 18 FM station presets and 12 AM station presets (for a total of 30 presets). You can tune your presets manually or have the head unit do it automatically. The Local function allows only strong radio stations to be received, blocking stations with weaker signals.
Aux Input: The Axxera ACPM6628BT is equipped with a rear-panel Aux input which consists of female stereo RCA jacks for connecting an external audio source.
Rear-View Camera Input: The Camera Input consists of a Composite video RCA jack for connecting an optional back-up camera (sold separately). This RCA input enables you to connect a rear-view camera to display the area behind your vehicle. This increased visibility encourages and facilitates safer driving. When an optional rearview camera is connected to this unit, the rear view image is displayed on the screen when your vehicle is placed in reverse gear (orange wire of the harness must be connected to reverse light wire of vehicle). Automatic video switching takes approximately 1.0 seconds.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
8 questions already asked