About the Axxera AM118BT
Buh-bye to CDs
Buh-bye to CDs
It's official — you haven't listened to CDs since you don't remember when. Axxera's AM118BT digital media receiver gives you everything you need to enjoy your music at a seriously friendly price. Choose between listening to your favorite AM/FM stations, plugging a thumb drive full of MP3s into the USB port, connecting your music player via the front minijack input, or stream tunes from your smartphone with a Bluetooth® connection. You'll hear a nice boost in sound quality compared to that old factory radio you've been rockin'.
Take advantage of your new Bluetooth connection to make and receive hands-free calls in the car. Axxera includes an external mic for the best possible capture of your voice, and you'll hear whomever you're speaking to through your car audio system.
- digital media receiver with AM/FM tuner (does not play CDs)
- built-in Bluetooth connectivity for hands-free calling and music streaming
- works with a wide variety of smartphones and devices
- wireless remote control
- inputs: front USB port, front auxiliary input
- outputs: 2-volt front and rear preamp outputs
Other Features and Specs:
- built-in internal amp (16 watts RMS CTA-2006/50 peak x 4 channels)
- bass and treble controls with 4 preset curves
- fixed face with 7-character display
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # AM118BT
What's in the box:
- Digital media receiver
- Sleeve (installed)
- Trim-ring (installed)
- Wiring harness
- Remote control (CR2025 battery installed)
- 2 Removal tools
- Quick Start Guide
Axxera AM118BT reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Axxera AM118BT
Features & specs
|Backup Camera Input||No|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Alexa Voice Control||N|
|Memory Card Slot||USB|
|Satellite Radio Ready||No|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||16 watts|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||16 watts|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||No|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)|
|Preamp Voltage||2 volts|
|Key Button Color||Blue|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||No|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
|FM Sensitivity||8.5 dBf|
|Radio Data System||No|
|Music File Playback||MP3|
Bluetooth Technology: The Axxera AM118BT is equipped with built-in Bluetooth allowing you to make and receive phone calls wirelessly through the receiver; as well as stream music wirelessly from your smartphone to the head unit. In order to use Bluetooth wireless technology, your phone must also be Bluetooth compatible and be able to interpret certain profiles. This unit is compatible with the following Bluetooth Profiles:
- Hands-Free Communication: HFP 1.5 (Hands Free Profile)
- Audio Streaming: A2DP 1.2 (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile), AVRCP 1.3 (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile).
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the Axxera AM118BT.
Pairing: Before using your Bluetooth enabled device, it must be paired to the AM118BT. You can only pair one device at a time with this unit. The AM118BT is compatible with most Bluetooth enabled mobile phones, including iPhone and Android.
Hands-Free Communication (w/ Integrated Mic): The Axxera AM118BT supports Bluetooth hands-free communication from your Bluetooth-enabled mobile phone. An integrated front-panel microphone carries on your side of the conversation while your car's speakers are used to hear the other person.
- Answering A Call: During an incoming call, the caller's number will display on the front-panel LCD and a ring-tone will be heard through your car stereo speakers. You can then manually answer the incoming call from the head unit's front-panel controls.
- Making A Call: You will continue to use your mobile phone to make a call. Once you have made a call from your paired phone, the conversation will automatically transfer to the head unit. There is a Redial feature, which allows you to dial the last number you called by pressing a specific button on the unit's front-panel.
Wireless Audio Streaming: The Axxera AM118BT also allows you to play back stored music and music apps from your Bluetooth enabled phone, tablet, or player using a wireless Bluetooth connection. Playback controls included Play/Pause & Next/Previous Track. This unit does not display song/artist information from Bluetooth audio devices. Advanced music navigation and song/artist information is still done from your Bluetooth source device.
Note: When an incoming call or outgoing call is in progress from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone, audio streaming will be paused so you can take your call. Once the call is finished, your streaming music will resume.
Front-Panel USB Port: The Axxera AM118BT is equipped with front-panel USB (type-A) input which enables connection of a portable USB mass-storage class (MSC) device, such as USB thumbdrive or portable digital audio player. The head unit supports playback of MP3 music files stored on a compatible USB mass storage device.
- Control: Playback & Search functions include Play/Pause, Fast Forward/Rewind, Previous/Next Track, Repeat (All/On)/Random, and Intro Scan (play first 10 seconds of each track). You can also select between music folders and search for a specific music file for playback.
- Display: The AM118BT will display artist name, song title, and album title, on its front-panel LCD screen.
- Charging: The unit's USB port will also charge (max. 1A) your USB device during connection.
Front-Panel AUX Input: There is a front-panel 3.5mm auxiliary input for connecting a temporary external portable audio device, such as a portable MP3 player.
MOSFET Amplifier: The Axxera AM118BT is equipped with a MOSFET amplifier. Compared to conventional power supplies, the MOSFET amplification circuit is smaller and more efficient, and it delivers increased power with less distortion and absolutely zero on/off switching noise. More power means louder and cleaner music at higher volumes because you're not pushing the limits of the amplification circuit. The power output specs for the AM118BT are as follows:
- CTA-2006 Specs: 16 watts RMS x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 20Hz-20kHz, 1% THD-N)
- Maximum Power Output: 50 watts x 4 channels (200 watts total)
Note: The power specifications for the AM118BT are compliant with the CTA-2006 Mobile Amplifier Power Testing and Measurement standards from the Consumer Technology Association (CTA). These standards were developed as a way to equitably compare power specs from model to model and between manufacturers.
2V/4Ch Pre-Outs: The Axxera AM118BT is equipped with 2V/4Ch pre-outs for the front & rear channels, so you can add an external amplifier.
EQ: The Axxera AM118BT offers 5 EQ presets (Pop, Classic, Rock, Flat, and Off) to tailor the sound to your listening preference. The Off preset allows you to independently adjust Bass & Treble for a more custom sound.
Loudness: The Loudness feature compensates for deficiencies in the low and high sound ranges at low volume. This feature can be turned On or Off.
Key Beep: The in-dash head unit provides an audible beep to confirm button operation. This feature be turned On or Off.
AM/FM Tuner: The Axxera AM118BT features a built-in AM/FM tuner with manual, seek, and preset tuning. You can store up to 18 FM station presets and 12 AM station presets (manually or automatically).
Single-Line Display: The AM118BT features a single-line, 7-character display with large white text and a black background.
Wireless Remote: The AM118BT comes supplied with a 17-button IR remote control which provides complete wireless operation of the Axxera digital media receiver.
The Axxera AM118BT replaces these items
- detachable face with single-line display and blue button illumination
- bass and treble controls with 4 presets curves (1 user-adjustable curve)
- inputs: front USB port (no iPod® control), front auxiliary input, SD card slot
- USB with iPhone/iPod control and 1-amp charging
- detachable face with 3.7" LCD display
- inputs: front USB input, front auxiliary input
25 questions already asked