About the Dual AM615BT
A versatile marine receiver
A versatile marine receiver
Dual's AM615BT marine CD receiver brings outstanding sound and Bluetooth connectivity, plus a NOAA weather band tuner, a 3" color LCD screen, and direct iPod® or iPhone® control to your boat. With all these cool features and marine-rated reliability, this receiver is an outstanding value.
Plenty of ways to play
You'll enjoy plenty of options for entertainment and information with this receiver, highlighted by direct USB control for iPod and iPhone devices. You can also listen to your favorite AM/FM stations, enjoy Pandora playlists, play music stored on a USB drive, or plug a portable player into the AUX input. A 3-band parametric equalizer and seven preset EQ curves let you tune the sound to your tastes, while three sets of preamp outputs make it easier to add marine amps to your system.
Durable and practical
Dual made the AM615BT to survive the extremes of life on the water, with a UV-resistant exterior that resists fading, a detachable faceplate, and a conformal-coated PC board that resists corrosion. All the openings are protected from salt and spray when not in use, and you can control all functions (except for Bluetooth) with the included remote.
The 3" LCD display is easy to read day or night, and you can detach the face when you leave your boat at the dock and store it until you're ready to head out again. The 7-band NOAA tuner tells you what the weather's doing wherever you are.
Installation notes: This marine radio is water-resistant, but we recommend mounting it in a water-resistant enclosure or using a cover for best performance.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
- marine CD receiver
- detachable face with LCD display
- 3" LCD display with blue button illumination
- Bluetooth for music streaming and hands-free calls
- conformal-coated PCB circuit board
- wireless remote included (marine remote ready)
- Pandora control with iPhone
- iPhone control through USB
- plays CDs, CD-Rs, and CD-RWs, and USB memory devices
- global AM/FM tuner
- 7-band NOAA weather band radio
- 3-band parametric equalizer with 7 presets
- low-pass filter
- subwoofer level control
- inputs: front (minijack) and rear (RCA) auxiliary inputs, front USB input
- outputs: 6-channel preamp outputs (4-volt front, rear, subwoofer)
- built-in amplifier (18 watts RMS CTA-2006/60 peak x 4 channels)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # AM615BT
What's in the box:
- Marine CD receiver (10A fuse)
- Detachable faceplate (attached)
- Trim-ring (installed)
- Sleeve (installed)
- Wiring harness
- Remote control (CR2032 battery installed)
- Remote receiver
- Remote lanyard
- Microphone (attached 9.5' cable terminated by a mono-3.5mm connector)
- Self-adhesive bracket
- 2 Removal tools
- 4 Small ISO-screws
- 4 Large ISO-screws
- Rear-support stud
- Quick Start Guide
More details on the Dual AM615BT
Features & specs
|AUX Input||Mini (front), RCA (rear)|
|Backup Camera Input||No|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Memory Card Slot||USB memory|
|Satellite Radio Ready||No|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||18 watts|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||18 watts|
|Peak Output||60 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Preamp Voltage||4 volts|
|Key Button Color||Blue|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||Adapter required|
|Parts Warranty||2 Year|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
|FM Sensitivity||8.5 dBf|
|Radio Data System||Yes|
Marine Rated: The Dual AM615BT CD receiver is specifically designed and built to last in harsh marine environments.
- UV Resistant Construction: The faceplate and other exposed elements of the receiver are carefully injection-molded using high-temperature ultraviolet resistant resins, preventing them from breaking down in the sun and giving you peace of mind to enjoy your music on the water even during the sunniest of days.
- PET Wrapped Chassis: This tough, direct, and moisture-resistant layer of PET (polyethylene) wraps the top and sides of the entire chassis - providing an additional measure of protection from the harsh marine elements.
- EDP Chassis: Applied using an electrical charge, EDP (Electrophoretically Deposited Paint) offers unparalleled protection against corrosion and rust resistance. All exterior metal surfaces including chassis, heatsink, and mounting sleeve undergo this process to ensure a long life in the marine environment.
- Conformal Coating: The conformal coated main circuit board has a transparent protective film applied to all surfaces. This additional layer of defense guards against dust, condensation, and corrosion - ensuring maximum longevity.
- Silicone Covers: Injected from high-grade silicone, these removable covers guard the receiver's front-panel inputs, protecting them from water splashes and debris. A convenient tether provides an attachment to the receiver, ensuring the covers are removable but won't get lost.
Detachable Fold-Down Face: The Dual AM615BT features a manual fold-down face-plate. The head unit's face-plate is detachable to deter theft. An optional soft face case (142DFC1X, sold separately) can be purchased for this unit. The head unit needs 1.75" of clearance in front of it for the face-plate to fold down.
3" Full-Color LCD: The head unit features an extra-large 3" wide full-color LCD screen that allows you to easily view and navigate system menus, features, folders, and song information. You can adjust the display's color, contrast, and brightness levels.
RF Remote: The included wireless remote control communicates with the AM615BT receiver using RF (radio frequencies). This allows you to control the radio from up to 30' away without being in line of sight of the head unit. The RF remote includes controls for Volume up/down, Mute, Track forward/backward, and Source/Mode selection. The remote floats and is IPx7 water resistant.
Note: The RF remote comes with a RF receiver that plugs into the 3.5mm minijack remote input on the back of the AM615BT. The RF receiver box also contains power/ground leads which need to be hardwired to your head unit's harness. Up to five MRF40 remotes can be paired to a single head unit.
Steering Wheel Remote Compatibility: The head unit features an OEM steering wheel remote control input on the rear of the unit that lets you keep your vehicle's factory radio steering wheel remote controls when used with an optional steering wheel audio control adapter (sold separately).
Bluetooth Technology: The Dual AM615BT is equipped with built-in Bluetooth allowing you to make and receive phone calls wirelessly through the receiver; as well as stream music wirelessly from your smartphone to the head unit. In order to use Bluetooth wireless technology, your phone must also be Bluetooth compatible and be able to interpret certain profiles. This unit is compatible with the following Bluetooth Profiles:
- Hands-Free Communication: HFP 1.5 (Hands Free Profile)
- Audio Streaming: A2DP 1.2 (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile), AVRCP 1.3 (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile).
Pairing: Before using your Bluetooth enabled device, it must be paired to the AM615BT. Multiple devices can be paired to the unit, but only one can be used at a time. The AM615BT is compatible with most Bluetooth enabled mobile phones, including the Apple iPhone and Android smartphones.
Hands-Free Communication (w/ External d Mic): The Dual AM615BT supports Bluetooth hands-free communication from your Bluetooth-enabled mobile phone. An external microphone carries on your side of the conversation while your car's speakers are used to hear the other person.
- Answering A Call: During an incoming call, the caller's number will display on the front-panel LCD and a ring-tone will be heard through your car stereo speakers. You can then manually answer the incoming call from the head unit's front-panel by pressing the "phone" button.
- Making A Call: You can choose a phone number from a list of recently dialed, received, or missed calls using the head unit's front-panel controls. You can also quickly redial the last number from the head unit's front-panel. This head unit does not offer direct entry of a phone number or phonebook transfer. You can also make a call from your phone and then transfer the call over to the head unit.
Wireless Audio Streaming: The Dual AM615BT also allows you to play back stored music and streamed music apps from your Bluetooth enabled phone, tablet, or player using a Bluetooth connection. Playback controls included Play/Pause & Next/Previous Track. This unit does not display song/artist information from Bluetooth audio devices. Advanced music navigation and song/artist information is still done from your Bluetooth device.
Note: When an incoming call or outgoing call is in progress from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone, audio streaming will be paused so you can take your call. Once the call is finished, your streaming music will resume.
USB 1-Wire iPod/iPhone Control: The Dual AM615BT's front-panel USB port allows you to connect your iPod/iPhone via the included Dock- or Lightning-to-USB cable that comes with your iPod/iPhone (not included with the head unit). This USB 1-Wire for iPod/iPhone connection provides audio playback (for both stored music & music apps), metadata display, control, and charging of select iPod/iPhones through the Dual CD receiver.
- Control: You can choose to control the iPod/iPhone from the head unit or from your iPod/iPhone's clickwheel or touchscreen. The head unit allows you to browse your iPod/iPhone's stored music by Artist, Album, Song, Playlist, Podcast, or Audiobook (music content listed alphabetically). The unit also provides Fast Forward/Reverse, Previous/Next Track, Repeat/Random, and Intro Scan for your connected iPod/iPhone. In addition, music apps can be accessed directly from your iPhone's touchscreen.
- Display: The head unit will display your iPod/iPhone's music file information; including Track #, Elapsed playing time, Song title, Artist name, and Album title (no album art).
- Charging: While connected and the ignition switch is set to ACC or ON, the head unit's USB connection will power and charge (0.5A max) your iPod/iPhone. If your iPod/iPhone has no initial battery charge, then this unit will not recognize it.
iPod/iPhone Compatibility Chart: The Dual AM615BT is "Made for iPod/iPhone" compatible and supports the following iPod/iPhone model features (as of 12/18/2018):
|iPod/iPhone||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Head Unit||iPod/iPhone||Pandora||Song/Artist Text||Track Info|
Note: Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
Dual Auxiliary Inputs: The Dual AM615BT features dual auxiliary inputs. There is a front-panel 3.5mm auxiliary input for connecting a temporary external portable audio device, such as a portable MP3 player. There is also a rear-panel stereo RCA auxiliary input for connecting a permanent external audio device.
Disc Compatibility: The Dual AM615BT head unit supports CD-Audio, CD-Text, CD-R, and CD-RW disc playback. The head unit supports playback of MP3/WMA music files recorded onto CD-R and CD-RW discs.
- Off Insert/Eject: A CD disc can be inserted or ejected with the power off. When a disc is inserted with the power off, the unit will automatically power up and begin playback.
- Auto-Reload: If a disc is ejected and not removed within 10 seconds, the unit will reload the disc.
Front-Panel USB Port: The Dual AM615BT is equipped with front-panel USB (type-A) which enables connection of a portable USB mass-storage class (MSC) device; such as a USB thumbdrive (up to 64GB). The head unit supports playback of MP3 music files stored on a compatible USB mass storage device. The unit's USB port will also charge (max. 0.5A) USB electronic devices during connection.
Note: The unit's USB port does not support connection of Android OS devices.
Music File Compatibility: The Dual AM615BT supports the following types of music recorded onto a disc or loaded onto a USB mass storage class device.
|Media Type||Disc (CD-R/RW or DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW)||USB (MSC)|
|File System||ISO9660 Level 1/2, Yellow Book Mode 1/Mode 2, Multi-Sessions||FAT/FAT32|
|Playable File Types||Audio||MP3: sampling frequency of 8-48kHz with bit-rate
of 32-320kbps |
WMA: sampling frequency of 32-48kHz with bit-rate of 32-192kbps
|Maximum # of Folders/Files||500 folders/999 files||500 folders/5,000 files|
|Tags||MP3 ID3 Tags, WMA Tags (no album art)|
Playback & Search Functions: The Dual AM615BT offers several convenient playback & search functions for your music.
- File/Folder Search: This search function allows navigation through compressed music files/folders to find a specific file or folder for playback.
- Repeat: You can repeat a single track, a specific folder, or an entire disc/USB device.
- Random: You can shuffle the playback order of all your songs or only the songs in a specific folder or disc/USB device.
- Intro Scan: You can scan the first 10 seconds of each track or the first 10 seconds of each track in a folder or disc/USB device.
AM/FM Tuner: The Dual AM615BT features a built-in AM/FM tuner with manual, seek, and preset tuning. You can store up to 18 FM station presets and 12 AM station presets (manually or automatically). The Local function allows only strong radio stations to be received, blocking stations with weaker signals. You can even switch the tuner between USA or European tuning.
Pandora App: The Pandora App (for Apple iOS 10+) lets you play music from the Pandora music service through the Dual AM615BT using your connected Apple iPhone, via the Dock- or Lightning-to-USB cable supplied with your iPhone. The AM615BT provides control over the Pandora music service and displays Artist, Album, and Song information. Your iPhone will need an active Data Plan account with connection to the Internet via 3G, EDGE, LTE (4G), or WiFi. You will also need a Pandora music service account.
- Station List: You can select Pandora stations from your Station List by date or alphabetically (A-Z).
- Skip Songs: You can skip song tracks within a station. You cannot skip back to a previous song. Pandora limits the number of skips allowed.
- Thumbs Up/Down: You can give songs a thumbs up or thumbs down to help Pandora personalize stations to suit your preferences.
Note: Access to the Pandora service will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone to connect to the Internet. Pandora is not supported in Canada and only available in the United States.
MOSFET Amplifier: The Dual AM615BT is equipped with a MOSFET amplifier. Compared to conventional power supplies, the MOSFET amplification circuit is smaller and more efficient, and it delivers increased power with less distortion and absolutely zero on/off switching noise. More power means louder and cleaner music at higher volumes because you're not pushing the limits of the amplification circuit.
- CTA2006 Specs: 18 watts RMS x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 20Hz-20kHz, 1% THD-N)
- Maximum Power Output: 60 watts x 4 channels (240 watts total)
Note: The power specifications for the AM615BT are compliant with the CTA2006 Mobile Amplifier Power Testing and Measurement standards from the Consumer Technology Association (CTA). These standards were developed as a way to equitably compare power specs from model to model and between manufacturers. The power output specs for the AM615BT are as follows:
4V/6Ch Preamp Outputs: The Dual AM615BT is equipped with three pair of 4-Volt preamp outputs (Front, Rear, Sub). The Front & Rear preamp outputs are fading, while the Sub preamp outputs are non-fading.
Subwoofer Control: You can adjust the output level (0-12) of the sub preamp outputs. You can also set the low-pass crossover to 80, 120, 160Hz, or Through (full-range) for the sub preamp outputs.
Equalizer: The Dual CD Receiver features the following preset EQ curves (Flat, Pop, Jazz, Classic, Beat, Rock, or User) to customize your music listening. The User mode activates a 3-Band EQ which lets you adjust Bass, Midrange, & Treble manually. EQ settings are stored for each source.
|Bass||60, 80, 100, 200 Hz||-6 to +6|
|Midrange||0.5, 1.0, 1.5, 2.5 kHz||-6 to +6|
|Treble||10.0, 12.5, 15.0, 17.5 kHz||-6 to +6|
Loudness: The Loudness function enhances the bass & treble frequencies at low volumes.
Source Volume Level: The Source Volume Level control allows a gain adjustment for each audio source (Tuner, CD, Aux, Bluetooth, USB, iPod, Pandora). You can set the source volume level (+/-6dB) for each mode, depending on the relative volume of each audio source.
Program Volume: You can set the Dual AM615BT to power-on to the same volume level (0-30) every time.
Key Beep: When this function is enabled, every button press will output a beep tone.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?