About the Dual AMCP500BT Bundle
Upgrade your boat's audio system
Upgrade your boat's audio system
A powerful sound system makes a day on the water even better. With this marine audio package from Dual, you can upgrade your system without emptying your wallet. This combo includes a marine-rated digital media receiver, a set of rugged 6-1/2" marine speakers, an antenna, and even mounting hardware. It's a quality starter system that gives you great sound, marine-rated reliability, and smart features you'd expect to find in gear costing a whole lot more.
A mechless receiver designed for marine use
There's no CD player in Dual's AMCP500BT receiver, so you can leave your discs at home and start enjoying your much larger (and lighter!) digital music collection on the water. With built-in Bluetooth and an integrated microphone, you get the safety and convenience of hands-free calling and audio streaming with compatible smartphones and music players.
You'll enjoy plenty of options for entertainment and information with this receiver, highlighted by direct USB control for iPod and iPhone devices. You can also listen to your favorite AM/FM stations, play music stored on a USB drive, plug an portable player into the minijack aux input, or fold down the faceplate and inset an SD card. If you're a satellite radio fan, you can add a SiriusXM tuner (sold separately) and a subscription to enjoy your favorite programming. The 7-band NOAA tuner tells you what the weather's doing wherever you are.
The AMCP500BT offers plenty of sound-shaping tools, with three preset modes and adjustable bass, midrange, and treble. If you want to connect an external amp, you'll find two sets of 2-volt RCA outputs. The package includes a durable, flexible rubber AM/FM antenna, which you can install out of sight.
Durable and practical
Dual made the AMCP500BT to survive the extremes of life on the water, with a UV-resistant exterior that resists fading, a detachable faceplate, and a conformal-coated PC board that resists corrosion. It blends into most boat interiors and offers an impressive list of features. All the openings are protected from salt and spray when not in use, and you can control all functions (except for Bluetooth) with the included remote.
The fold-down faceplate features a two-line, 16-character display that's easy to read day or night. When you leave your boat at the dock, you can detach the face and store it until you're ready to head out again.
All this, and speakers, too
The included Dual DMS365 marine speakers pair up perfectly with this receiver. These two durable 6-1/2" 3-way speakers provide plenty of punch and excellent clarity. With injection-molded polypropylene cones and poly-cloth surrounds, these rugged speakers will resist sun and spray to give you great sound for seasons to come.
Installation notes: This marine radio is water-resistant, but we recommend mounting it in a water-resistant enclosure or using a cover for best performance.
iPod/smartphone note: If you're going to use your iPod or smartphone with this receiver, be sure to check "Details" for compatibility information.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
This marine digital media receiver will not play CDs.
- package includes a Dual AMCP500BT receiver, a hideaway antenna, and a pair of DMS365 6-1/2" 3-way marine speakers
Dual AMCP500BT digital media receiver (won't play CDs)
- marine digital media receiver with built-in amplifier (18 watts RMS CEA-2006/60 peak × 4 channels)
- built-in Bluetooth for wireless calling and music streaming
- direct control of your iPod or iPhone via USB
- front-panel USB input charges most devices; works with thumb drives
- front-panel 3.5mm aux input for MP3 and other music players
- SD car slot behind flip-down faceplate (supports up to 32GB)
- AM/FM receiver with 30 presets
- 7-band NOAA weather radio receiver
- U.S. and European tuning
- remote control
- detachable face
- water-proof, conformal coated circuit boards
- 3-band EQ with preset tone curves
- inputs: front-panel auxiliary input and USB port, rear aux inputs (RCA), SD card slot behind fold-out face
- outputs: 4-channel preamp outputs (2-volt front, rear/sub)
- SiriusXM-ready (tuner and subscription required)
- includes hideaway antenna
- warranty: 2 years
DMS365 marine speakers
- 2-way 6-1/2" 3-way marine speakers with white grilles
- power rating: 30 watts RMS (120 watts peak)
- polypropylene cones with treated cloth surrounds
- 1-3/8" dome midrange and 1/2" dome tweeter
- sensitivity: 88 dB
- frequency response: 45-17,000 Hz
- top mount depth: 2-7/16""
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # AMCP500BT
What's in the box:
- Marine digital media receiver (10A fuse)
- Detachable face (installed)
- Sleeve (installed)
- Trim ring
- Wiring harness
- Remote control (CR2025 3V battery installed in remote)
- Two 6.5" marine speakers
- 2 Grilles (installed)
- Bluetooth microphone (w/ attached 9.75' cable terminated by a 3.5mm connector)
- Sun-visor clip
- Self-adhesive clip
- 41" Stereo minijack cable
- 40" AM/FM antenna
- Two 12' lengths of speaker wire
- 2 Radio removal tools
- Rear-support stud
- Lock washer
- Hex nut
- Four M4 x 5mm screws
- Four M3 x 5mm screws
- Eight 0.9375" length screws
- Installation/Owner's Manual (for marine receiver)
- Installation/Owner's Manual (for marine speakers)
Dual AMCP500BT Bundle reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Dual AMCP500BT Bundle
Features & specs
|AUX Input||Mini (front), RCA (rear)|
|Backup Camera Input||No|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Alexa Voice Control|
|Memory Card Slot||USB, SD|
|Satellite Radio Ready||SiriusXM|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||18 watts|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||---|
|Peak Output||60 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||No|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)|
|Preamp Voltage||2 volts|
|Key Button Color||Blue|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||No|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
|FM Sensitivity||8.5 dBf|
|Radio Data System||No|
|Music File Playback||MP3, WMA|
Marine Certified: This Dual marine receiver is specifically designed and built to last in harsh marine environments.
- Conformal Coating: A transparent protective film is applied to surfaces of all interior printed circuit boards. This additional layer of defense guards against dust, condensation, and corrosion; ensuring maximum longevity in demanding marine installations.
- UV Resistant Construction: The faceplate and other exposed elements of the receiver are carefully injection-molded using high-temperature ultra-violet resistant resins, preventing them from breaking down in the sun and give you peace of mind to enjoy your music on the water.
- EDP Chassis: Applied using an electrical charge, EDP (Electrophoretically Deposited Paint) offers unparalleled protections against corrosion and rust resistance. All exterior metal surface including cassis, heatsink, and mounting sleeve undergo this process to ensure a long life in the marine environment.
- PET Wrapped Chassis: This tough, dirt and moisture-resistant layer of PET (polyethylene) wraps the top and the sides of the entire chassis; providing additional measure of protection from the harsh marine elements.
- Silicone Cover: Injected from high-grade silicone, this removable cover guards the receiver's front-panel USB/3.5mm input, protecting if from water splashes and debris. A convenient tether provide and attachment to the receiver, ensuring the cover is removable but won't get lost.
Note: Even though the conformal coating and other marine features makes the receiver water-resistant, it can be further protected by an optional universal marine cover; such as the Metra (120999005B, sold separately) or Scosche (142ACM1, sold separately).
Detachable Fold-Down Face: The marine receiver features a manual fold-down face-plate which gives access to the unit's SD-card slot. The head unit's face-plate is also detachable to deter theft (no face case provided). An optional soft face case (142DFC1X, sold separately) can also be purchased for this unit.
2-Line Positive-Type Display: The vibrant positive-type, 2-Line LCD provides enhanced visibility under the toughest boating environments. High-contrast black characters on a white background ensure readability in any situation; from total darkness to direct sunlight. The display brightness can be set to High, Medium, or Low.
Clock Display: The marine head unit features a 12/24-hour clock; the clock will display in 12-hours in US tuning mode and 24-hours in European tuning mode. The clock can be set to remain on even when the head unit is powered off.
Marine Speakers: Included in this marine package is a pair of marine-rated speakers. The speakers feature a 3-way design with a 6.5" cone woofer, 1.375" dome midrange, and 0.5" dome tweeter. The speakers offer a frequency response of 45-17kHz and can handle up to 30 watts (RMS) or 120 watts (peak). The speakers are rated at 4-ohm with a sensitivity rating of 88dB (1W/1M). The marine speakers feature a white plastic frame and include white plastic grilles that are detachable. Dimensions are as follows:
- Mounting Height: 1.0625"
- Mounting Depth: 2.4375"
- Frame Diameter: 7.125"
- Cut Out Diameter: 5.125"
- Bolt Pattern: 4 screw holes that are 4.5" apart (stainless steel hardware is provided)
Note: Two 12' lengths of speaker wire is included.
Bluetooth Technology: The Dual marine receiver is equipped with built-in Bluetooth allowing you to make and receive phone calls wirelessly through the receiver; as well as stream music wirelessly from your smartphone to the head unit. In order to use Bluetooth wireless technology, your phone must also be Bluetooth compatible and be able to interpret certain profiles. This unit is compatible with the following Bluetooth Profiles:
- Hands-Free Communication: HFP 1.5 (Hands Free Profile)
- Audio Streaming: A2DP 1.2 (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile), AVRCP 1.3 (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile).
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with this head unit.
Pairing: Before using your Bluetooth enabled device, it must be paired to the marine receiver. You can only pair one device at a time with this unit. Once paired, when your Bluetooth device is in close proximity to the receiver, the auto connection function automatically connects the two units. The head unit is compatible with most Bluetooth enabled mobile phones, including the Apple iPhone, Blackberry, and Android smartphones.
Hands-Free Communication w/ External Mic: The Dual marine receiver allows for wireless communication between the head unit and your Bluetooth enabled cell-phone. You can answer an incoming call from the head unit's front-panel control or included remote; or you can set the head unit to auto answer all incoming calls. Incoming phone call information will be displayed on the unit's front-panel LCD. You can manually enter a phone number using the included remote or transfer a call from your phone. You can also select a phone number from a recent call list (dialed/missed/received) or quickly redial the last number. Use the included external microphone to speak into during your phone conversation, while the other party will be heard through your vehicle's speakers. Your car audio speakers will mute automatically during a call.
Wireless Audio Streaming: The marine receiver also allows you to play back stored music and streamed music apps from your Bluetooth enabled phone, PDA, or personal music player using a Bluetooth connection. Playback controls included Play/Pause, Stop, & Next/Previous Track. This unit does not display song/artist information from Bluetooth audio devices.
SD Card Slot: The Dual digital media receiver is fitted with a front-panel SD-card slot that is hidden behind the head unit's fold-down face-plate. The SD card slot supports playback of MP3/WMA files stored on SD and SDHC memory cards (up to 32GB).
USB Input: The Dual digital media receiver is equipped with a front-panel USB (type-A) which enables connection of a portable USB mass-storage class (MSC) device; such as portable digital audio players or USB thumbdrives. The head unit supports playback of MP3/WMA music files stored on a compatible USB mass storage device. The unit's USB port will also charge (max. 0.5A) your USB devices during connection.
Note: The unit's USB port does not support connection of an Android OS device.
Supported Media Files: The MP3/WMA music files stored on your USB mass storage device or SD/SDHC memory card must meet the following requirements for proper playback on this head unit.
|Compatible Files||MP3, WMA|
|Sampling Frequency||MP3: 8-48khz, WMA: 32-48kHz|
|Bit Rate||MP3: 32-320kbps, WMA: 32-192kbps|
|ID3 Tag Support||MP3 Tags: version 1.0-2.4, WMA Tags|
|File Folder Limit||Maximum Files: 50,000/Maximum Folders: 255 (50,000 total files/folders)|
Playback & Search Functions: When a USB memory device or SD/SDHC memory card is first connected, playback will begin automatically. The head unit also offers the following playback & search features for MP3/WMA music files stored on your USB memory device or SD/SDHC memory card.
- Play/Pause: Play or pause tracks.
- Folder Access: Selects previous or next folder.
- Intro: Plays the first 10 seconds of each track in a folder.
- Track Select: Skip to the beginning of the next rack or return to the beginning of the previous track.
- Fast Forward/Reverse: Fast forward or reverse through a selected track.
- Repeat: Continuously repeat the current track or device.
- Random: Plays all tracks on the device or in the current folder in random order.
Dual Auxiliary Inputs: The marine receiver features dual auxiliary inputs. There is a front-panel 3.5mm auxiliary input for connecting a temporary external portable audio device, such as a portable MP3 player. There is also a rear-panel stereo RCA auxiliary input for connecting a permanent external audio device.
iPod/iPhone Connect: The Dual marine digital receiver's front-panel USB port allows you to connect your iPod/iPhone via the Dock- or Lightning-to-USB cable that comes with your iPod/iPhone (not included with the head unit). This USB 1-Wire for iPod/iPhone connection provides audio playback (for both stored music & music apps), metadata display, control, and charging of select iPod/iPhones through the Dual digital media receiver.
- Control: You can choose to control the iPod/iPhone from the head unit or from your iPod/iPhone's clickwheel or touchscreen. The head unit allows you to browse your iPod/iPhone's stored music by Artist, Album, Song, Playlist, Podcast, or Audiobook (music content listed alphabetically). The unit also provides Fast Forward/Reverse, Previous/Next Track, Repeat/Random, and Intro Scan for your connected iPod/iPhone. In addition, music apps can be accessed directly from your iPhone's touchscreen.
- Display: The head unit will display your iPod/iPhone's music file information; including Track #, Elapsed playing time, Song title, Artist name, and Album label.
- Charging: While connected and the ignition switch is set to ACC or ON, the head unit's USB connection will power and charge (0.5A max) your iPod/iPhone. If your iPod/iPhone has no initial battery charge, then this unit will not recognize it.
iPod/iPhone Compatibility Chart: The marine receiver is "Made for iPod/iPhone" compatible and supports the following iPod/iPhone model features (as of 3/26/2014):
|Apple Device||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||Bluetooth||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Head Unit||iPod/iPhone||Artist/Song Text||Track Info||Phone||Audio|
Note: Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
Weather Band Tuner: The Dual marine digital media receiver features a built-in 7-channel NOAA weather band tuner.
AM/FM Tuner: The Dual marine head unit features a built-in AM/FM tuner with manual, seek, and preset tuning. You can store up to 18 FM station presets and 12 AM station presets (manually or automatically). The Local function allows only strong radio stations to be received, blocking stations with weaker signals. You can even switch the tuner between USA or European tuning. A 40" wired AM/FM antenna is included.
SiriusXM Ready: The Dual marine receiver comes ready for SiriusXM programming with access to XM and Sirius Satellite Radio stations. Thanks to its proprietary SiriusXM Connect port, you can add the optional SXV200V1 SiriusXM Connect tuner and receive more than 150 channels of exclusive programming directly from SiriusXM, via the "SiriusXM All Access" package (subscription required). Visit SiriusXM.com for a complete list of subscription options and channel guide. Additional features of the SXV200V1 SiriusXM Connect tuner include:
- Channel list displays a list of all available channels
- Category Search searches for channels in a certain category
- Displayed Information such as Channel Name, Artist Name, & Song Title can be viewed on the head unit's LCD
- Up to 18 SiriusXM Satellite Radio station presets
- iTunes Tagging lets you Tag songs you hear on SiriusXM and stores the info on your iPod/iPhone (connected to your head unit via USB); the next time you connect your iPod/iPhone to iTunes, you will be able to preview your selections and then purchase and download them directly from iTunes
- Channels containing unsuitable content for children can be blocked
Note: A separate SiriusXM Satellite Radio subscription is required (operates on the XM Network). However, you can easily add this SiriusXM tuner to an existing Sirius or XM account for a Multi-Radio Discount Plan.
MOSFET Amplifier: The Dual marine receiver is equipped with a MOSFET amplifier. Compared to conventional power supplies, the MOSFET amplification circuit is smaller and more efficient, and it delivers increased power with less distortion and absolutely zero on/off switching noise. More power means louder and cleaner music at higher volumes because you're not pushing the limits of the amplification circuit. The power output specs for the head unit are as follows:
- CEA2006 Specs: 18 watts RMS x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 20Hz-20kHz, 1% THD-N)
- Maximum Power Output: 60 watts x 4 channels (240 watts total)
Note: The power specifications for this head unit are compliant with the CEA2006 Mobile Amplifier Power Testing and Measurement standards from the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA). These standards were developed as a way to equitably compare power specs from model to model and between manufacturers.
2V/4Ch Preamp Outputs: The Dual digital media receiver is equipped with two pair of 2-Volt preamp outputs (Front, R/Sub). The R/Sub preamp output can be switched between a rear-channel full-range output or a non-fading subwoofer preamp output.
Subwoofer Control: When the subwoofer preamp output is activated, you can adjust the output level (0-12) of the sub preamp output. You can also set the low-pass crossover to 80, 120, 160Hz, or Through (full-range).
Equalizer: The Dual digital media receiver features the following preset EQ curves (Flat, Pop, Jazz, Classic, Beat, Rock, or User) to customize your music listening. The User mode activates a 3-Band EQ which lets you adjust Bass, Midrange, & Treble manually. EQ settings are stored for each source.
|Bass||60, 80, 100, 200 Hz||-6 to +6|
|Midrange||0.5, 1.0, 1.5, 2.5 kHz||-6 to +6|
|Treble||10.0, 12.5, 15.0, 17.5 kHz||-6 to +6|
Loudness: The Loudness function enhances the bass & treble frequencies at low volumes.
Source Volume Level: The Source Volume Level control allows a gain adjustment for each audio source (Tuner, Aux, USB, iPod). You can set the source volume level (+/-6dB) for each mode, depending on the relative volume of each audio source.
Key Beep: When this function is enabled, every button press will output a beep tone.
Wireless Remote Control: The Dual digital media receiver comes supplied with an 18-button IR wireless remote control which provides complete control of the Dual digital media receiver.
Optional Wired Remote: The marine receiver features a 3.5mm wired remote input for connection of Dual's MRF-40 wired marine remote control (070MRF40, sold separately).
3 questions already asked