About the Axxera AV604Bi
Pick your icon
Pick your icon
Axxera's AV604Bi DVD receiver features Bluetooth®, DVD/CD playback, a front USB input, and a microSD card input. Its redesigned graphic user interface (GUI) provides you a complete multimedia experience for your car. The icon-based controls on its 6.2" LCD touchscreen display mean you don't have to dig through menus to find your source. Simply press on the touchscreen icon and you're there.
Go wireless with Bluetooth
Bluetooth gives you hands-free calling convenience, plus a wireless connection to the songs stored on your compatible music player. Axxera includes an external Bluetooth microphone which you can place in a good spot in your vehicle for superior hands-free communication.
Connect and control your audio and video
You'll enjoy your MP3 and WMA music using the front USB input, DVD/CD player, and microSD card slot. You can also use the USB input to connect your iPod®, iPhone®, or iPad® for control, charging, and play back of your tunes.
Use the AV604Bi's front or rear analog audio/video inputs to hook up your favorite portable audio player, game console, or another video source. This receiver boasts two video outputs to send movies to rear video screens, so you can keep your crew entertained on the longest road trips. If you've got a big vehicle, you'll appreciate the input for a rear-view camera — helpful for when you're maneuvering your vehicle in tight spaces.
And a couple extras
Once you've picked your music, you can tweak it with the four EQ presets. If you're adding amps, you'll appreciate the three sets of 4-volt preamp outputs for an ultra-clean signal for your amps.Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
- DVD/CD player with AM/FM tuner
- built-in MOSFET amplifier (18 watts RMS CEA-2006/60 peak x 4 channels)
- 6.2" touchscreen display
- fits double-DIN (4" tall) dash openings
- remote control
- built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling and music streaming
- built-in iPod, iPhone, and iPad control
- plays CDs, DVDs, and USB memory devices
- bass and treble controls; four EQ presets
- loudness control
- inputs: front USB port, front microSD card slot, front and rear analog A/V inputs, rear-view camera input
- outputs: two analog video outputs, 6-channel preamp outputs (4-volt front, rear, sub)
What's in the box:
- DVD receiver w/ integrated 6.2" touchscreen monitor (10A fuse)
- Sleeve (installed)
- Wiring harness
- Ground loop isolator
- Mic harness
- Microphone (w/ attached 9.75' cable terminated by a 3.5mm connector)
- Selft-adhesive bracket
- 8" Minijack-to-RCA AV adapter
- Remote control (CR2025 3V battery installed)
- 4 ISO-screws
- 2 Radio removal tools
- Quick Start Guide
- SWC Settings
- "Warning" note
- "Congratulations" note
- "Ground Loop Isolator" note
Axxera AV604Bi reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Axxera AV604Bi
Features & specs
|AUX Input||Mini (front), RCA (rear)|
|Audio/video Input||Mini (front), RCA (rear)|
|Backup Camera Input||Yes|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Alexa Voice Control|
|Memory Card Slot||USB, microSD/SDHC|
|Satellite Radio Ready||No|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||16 watts|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||---|
|Peak Output||60 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)|
|Preamp Voltage||4 volts|
|Key Button Color||Blue|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||No|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
|Radio Data System||No|
|Music File Playback||MP3, WMA|
iPod + Bluetooth Integration
Audio & Tuner Section
6.2" LCD Touchscreen: The Axxera AV604Bi features a 6.2" LCD touchscreen monitor (800x480) with LED backlighting. This unit's touchscreen controls with interactive video graphics make menu navigation simple and intuitive. You can adjust the screen's brightness, contrast, saturation, and hue.
Note: In addition to the 6.2" LCD touchscreen, the unit also has three hard-key buttons and a 3-way rotary dial on the front-panel along the left edge of the screen.
Parking Brake Detection: For safety reasons, you cannot view a video source on the built-in monitor as long as the vehicle is in motion. In order to display video, the pink wire of the included harness must be hardwired into the vehicle's parking brake light circuit, and the vehicle's parking brake must be engaged.
2-DIN Chassis: The AV604Bi has a 2-DIN chassis (also known as "Double-DIN"), and will fit in many vehicles with a large dash opening. The unit can be ISO-mounted using factory brackets, or Euro-mounted using the supplied mounting sleeve. As always, please consult Crutchfield's Outfit My Car to verify fit with your vehicle.
Steering Wheel Remote Compatibility: The Axxera AV604Bi offers built-in steering wheel remote compatibility with select non-CAN Bus Toyota, Honda, Nissan, Mitsubishi, Mazda, Subaru, and Suzuki vehicles.
Note: This unit is not compatible with external steering wheel control interfaces.
IR Remote: The Axxera AV604Bi comes supplied with a 40-button IR remote control which provides wireless operation of the Axxera DVD receiver.
Disc Compatibility: The Axxera AV604Bi supports playback of DVD-Video, DVD-R/RW, DVD +R/RW, CD-Audio and CD-R/RW discs. The unit can play back MP3/WMA music files recorded onto a compatible DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW, or CD-R/RW disc.
microSD Card Slot: The AV604Bi DVD receiver is fitted with a front-panel microSD card slot which supports playback of MP3/WMA music files and JPEG photo files stored on a microSD/SDHC memory card (up to 32GB).
USB Port: The Axxera AV604Bi is fitted with a front-panel USB (type-A) 2.0 port for connection of a USB mass storage class device; such as your Android smartphone (Froyo/Gingerbread OS only), digital audio player, or thumbdrive. The unit supports playback of MP3/WMA music files and JPEG photo files stored on a compatible USB MSC device (up to 32GB).
Note: Not compatible with newer Android (Honeycomb/Ice Cream Sandwich/Jelly Bean/KitKat) devices.
iPod/iPhone Direct: The Axxera AV604Bi's front-panel USB port allows you to connect your iPod/iPhone via the included Dock- or Lightning-to-USB cable that comes with your iPod/iPhone (not included with the head unit). This USB 1-Wire for iPod/iPhone connection provides audio playback (for both stored music & music apps), metadata display, control, and charging of select iPod/iPhones through the Axxera DVD receiver.
- Bypass iPod DAC: The USB connection allows your iPod/iPhone's stored music to be loaded instantly to the head unit and sound quality to be maximized through the head unit's 1-bit D/A converter (bypassing iPod/iPhone DAC).
- Music Navigation: You can choose to control the iPod/iPhone from the head unit or from your iPod/iPhone's clickwheel or touchscreen. The head unit allows you to browse your iPod/iPhone's stored music by Artist, Album, Song, Playlist, Podcast, or Audiobook (music content listed alphabetically). The unit also provides Fast Forward/Reverse, Previous/Next Track, and Repeat/Random for your connected iPod/iPhone. In addition, music apps can be accessed directly from your iPod/iPhone's (iOS 6+) touchscreen.
- Information Display: The head unit will display your iPod/iPhone's music file information; including Track #, Elapsed playing time, Song/Album title, Artist name, and Album Art.
- Charging: While connected and the ignition switch is set to ACC or ON, the head unit's USB connection will power and charge (0.5A max) your iPod/iPhone. If your iPod/iPhone has no initial battery charge, then this unit will not recognize it.
iPod/iPhone Compatibility Chart: The Axxera AV604Bi is "Made for iPod/iPhone" compatible and supports the following iPod/iPhone model features (as of 10/28/2014):
|Apple Device||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||Bluetooth||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Head Unit||iPod/iPhone||Album Art||Artist/Song Text||Track Info||Phone||Audio|
Note: Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
Bluetooth (v2.0) Technology: The Axxera AV604Bi features built-in Bluetooth (Ver 2.0) Technology. With built-in Bluetooth, you can wirelessly connect your Bluetooth capable mobile phone to listen to calls through your car's audio system. You can also stream audio from a Bluetooth enabled audio player. In order to use Bluetooth wireless technology, your phone must also be Bluetooth compatible and be able to interpret certain profiles. This unit is compatible with the following Bluetooth Profiles - HFP (Hands Free Profile), A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile), & AVRCP (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile).
- Hands-free Communication w/ External Mic: The AV604Bi supports wireless hands-free communication for your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone. The AV604Bi allows you to carry on a phone conversation from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone using the included external microphone and your car audio speakers. The AV604Bi allows you to answer a call from the head unit's touchscreen monitor. Incoming phone call information will be displayed on the unit's LCD monitor. You can make a call from the AV604Bi using the unit's on-screen keypad (0-9) or a call history data log of dialed, received, and missed calls. Your car audio speakers will mute automatically during a call. During a conversation, you can switch between the Private Mode (talking directly on your cell phone) and the Hands Free Mode.
- Audio Streaming: The Axxera AV604Bi also allows you to play back stored music and streamed music from your Bluetooth enabled smartphone, tablet, or personal music player using a Bluetooth connection. You can control (Play/Pause/Skip) the music stored on your Bluetooth audio player from the AV604Bi. This unit does not display song/artist information from Bluetooth audio devices.
Note: Before using the unit's Bluetooth functions, you must pair your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone or audio device to the AV604Bi. Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some mobile devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the AV604Bi.
MOSFET Amplifier: The Axxera AV604Bi is equipped with a MOSFET amplifier. Compared to conventional power supplies, the MOSFET amplification circuit is smaller and more efficient, and it delivers increased power with less distortion and absolutely zero on/off switching noise. More power means louder and cleaner music at higher volumes because you're not pushing the limits of the amplification circuit. The power output specs for the AVH614BH are as follows:
- CEA2006 Specs: 16 watts RMS x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 20Hz-20kHz, 1% THD-N)
- Maximum Power Output: 60 watts x 4 channels (240 watts total)
Note: The power specifications for the AV604Bi are compliant with the CEA2006 Mobile Amplifier Power Testing and Measurement standards from the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA). These standards were developed as a way to equitably compare power specs from model to model and between manufacturers.
4V/6Ch RCA Outputs: The AV604Bi features front, rear and subwoofer 4-volt RCA outputs. The front and rear speaker RCA outputs are balance and fade adjustable. The subwoofer RCA output is non-fading.
EQ: The Axxera DVD receiver features the following preset EQ curves (Jazz, Rock, Classical, Pop, & Off) to customize your music listening.
Loudness: The Loudness feature compensates for deficiencies in the low and high sound ranges at low volume.
Key Beep: The in-dash head unit provides an audible beep to confirm button operation (this can be turned On or Off).
AM/FM Tuner: The Axxera AV604Bi features a built-in AM/FM tuner with manual, seek, & preset tuning. The built-in AM/FM tuner allows you to store up to 18 FM station presets and 12 AM station presets. You can tune your presets manually or have the head unit do it automatically. The Local function allows only strong radio stations to be received, blocking stations with weaker signals. You can switch the tuner between USA or European tuning.
Dual AV Inputs/Video Outputs: The Axxera AV604Bi DVD receiver is fitted with two audio/video inputs. There is a front-panel 3.5mm audio/video input for connecting a temporary external AV source, such as a MP3 player or game console. There is also a rear-panel composite video/stereo RCA input for connection of a permanent external audio/video source, such as a Blu-ray player or TV tuner. In addition, the DVD receiver features two rear-panel composite video outputs for integration of a ceiling-mounted or headrest entertainment system in your vehicle.
Rear-View Camera Input: The Camera Input consists of a Composite video RCA jack for connecting an optional rear-view back-up camera (sold separately). This RCA input enables you to connect a rear-view camera to display the area behind your vehicle. The increased view encourages and facilitates safer driving. When an optional rearview camera is connected to this unit, the rear view image is displayed on the screen when your vehicle is placed in reverse gear (orange wire of the harness must be connected to reverse light wire of vehicle). Automatic video switching takes approximately 0.75 seconds. Audio from your music source will continue playing, while the back-up camera is displayed.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
11 questions already asked