About the Axxera AV6118Bi
Big screen, big fun
Big screen, big fun
If you're fed up with squinting at a tiny display to discover song titles or see who's calling you, you'll appreciate Axxera's AV6118Bi touchscreen receiver. The bright 6.2" display lets you control all your media, including streaming wireless audio and hands-free calling using Bluetooth®. You'll enjoy cool new entertainment options without breaking the bank, too.
Bluetooth® for calls and music
This Axxera lets your stream music from any Bluetooth-equipped device that's paired to the receiver, including music stored on the phone and from Internet radio stations like Pandora® and Spotify®. Hands-free calling cuts down on distractions — a big plus for safety. Axxera also built in a sensitive Bluetooth microphone into the receiver's faceplate for a simpler installation.
Ready for your music?
When it's time to enjoy your own music, you can slide in just about any disc, even a recordable CD or DVD loaded with MP3 files. The USB port, micro-SD card slot, and two auxiliary inputs offer other options for checking out all your media. The 6.2" screen works as a great display for system and song info, and you can also view movies and video on it when your car is parked. If you want to share the fun, you can install a rear video screen and play movies on the go to keep your backseat crew happy. They can even control DVD playback using the included wireless remote control.
Enhancing your music
The AV6118Bi includes a 7-band equalizer with seven EQ presets for refining your sound. If you want to add some impact, a full set of preamp outputs makes it easier to connect amplifiers for your speakers and a subwoofer.
Want to keep your car's steering wheel audio controls?
In most cars, you'll need an adapter to retain those controls with this car stereo. Connect a few wires, then program the adapter for your particular car and radio, and you'll retain the convenience of your steering wheel controls. You'll see the adapters that work with your vehicle when you add this receiver to your cart.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
iPod/smartphone note: If you're going to use your iPod or smartphone with this receiver, be sure to check "Details" for compatibility information.
- DVD/CD receiver with AM/FM tuner
- built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling and audio streaming
- 6.2" LCD touchscreen display
- fits double-DIN (4" tall) dash openings
- wireless remote control
- plays CDs, DVDs, micro SD cards, and USB memory devices (see Details for full capabilities)
- 7-band graphic equalizer with seven EQ presets
- built-in iPod, iPhone, and iPad control (see Details for full capabilities)
- inputs: front USB port, front auxiliary input, rear A/V input, front micro SD card slot, rear-view camera input
- outputs: dual rear video outputs, 6-channel preamp outputs (2-volt front, rear, subwoofer)
- built-in internal amp (14 watts RMS CTA-2006/50 peak x 4 channels)
- CTA-2006 compliant
- compatible with most factory steering wheel audio controls (adapter required)
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # AV6118BI
What's in the box:
- DVD receiver w/ integrated 6.2" touchscreen monitor (10A fuse)
- Wiring harness
- Remote control (CR2025 3V battery installed)
- 8 Pan-head ISO-screws
- 8 Counter-sunk ISO-screws
- Quick Start Guide
- "Congratulations" note
- "Warning" note
Axxera AV6118Bi reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Axxera AV6118Bi
Features & specs
|AUX Input||Mini (front), RCA (rear)|
|Audio/video Input||RCA (rear)|
|Backup Camera Input||Yes|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Memory Card Slot||USB, microSD/SDHC|
|Satellite Radio Ready||No|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||14 watts|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||14 watts|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)||N/A|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)||N/A|
|Preamp Voltage||2 volts|
|Key Button Color||Blue|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||Adapter required|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
|Radio Data System||No|
|Music File Playback||MP3|
Bluetooth & iPhone Integration
Audio & Tuner Section
6.2" LCD Touchscreen: The Axxera AV6118Bi features a 6.2" LCD touchscreen monitor (800x480) with LED backlighting. This unit's touchscreen controls with interactive video graphics make menu navigation simple and intuitive. You can adjust the screen's brightness, contrast, hue, saturation, and sharpness level; as well as select from three different wallpapers/backgrounds.
Note: For safety reasons, you cannot view a video source on the built-in monitor as long as the vehicle is in motion. In order to display video, the pink wire of the included harness must be hardwired into the vehicle's parking brake light circuit, and the vehicle's parking brake must be engaged.
Hard-Key Controls: In addition to the 6.2" LCD touchscreen, the unit also has push-button controls and a 3-way rotary dial on the front-panel along the left edge of the screen.
Remote Control: The Axxera AV6118Bi comes with an IR remote and supports many vehicle's steering wheel controls (adapter required).
- IR Remote Control: The AV6118Bi comes supplied with a 41-button IR remote control which provides wireless operation of the DVD receiver; including Bluetooth hands-free and audio streaming functions.
- Optional Steering Wheel Control Interface: The unit features a SWC (steering wheel control) input and is compatible with a PAC or Metra steering wheel control interface adapter (sold separately - see accessory tab), so you can keep your vehicle's factory steering wheel controls.
Axxera (Dual) iPlug App: The free Axxera (Dual) iPlug app for (coming soon) turns your Bluetooth connected Apple iOS or Android OS device into a wireless remote control for the Axxera AV6118Bi receiver. This app controls most of the primary functions of your receiver, including -
- Power On/Off
- Source Selection
- AM/FM Band, Tuning & Presets
- Play/Pause & Previous/Next Track (for Bluetooth, iPod/iPhone, USB, & microSD)
- Volume, Mute, & Loudness
Bluetooth Technology: The Axxera AV6118Bi is equipped with built-in Bluetooth, allowing you to make and receive phone calls wirelessly through the receiver; as well as stream music wirelessly from your smartphone to the head unit. In order to use Bluetooth wireless technology, your phone must also be Bluetooth compatible and be able to interpret certain profiles. This unit is compatible with the following Bluetooth Profiles - HFP (Hands Free Profile), A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile), AVRCP (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile).
- Hands-Free Communication (w/ Integrated Mic): The
AV6118Bi supports wireless hands-free communication for your
Bluetooth enabled mobile phone. The AV6118Bi allows you to carry on a
phone conversation from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone using
the integrated microphone and your car audio speakers. Your car audio speakers will mute
automatically during a call. During a conversation, you can switch
between the Private Mode (talking directly on your cell phone) and
the Hands Free Mode.
- Answering A Call: The AV6118Bi allows you to answer a call from the head unit's touchscreen monitor or set the unit to automatically answer an incoming call. Incoming phone call information will be displayed on the unit's LCD monitor, while a ring-tone is heard through your front speakers.
- Making A Call: You can make a call from the AV6118Bi using the unit's on-screen keypad (0-9) or a call history data log of dialed, received, and missed calls.
- Wireless Audio Streaming: The Axxera AV6118Bi also allows you to play back stored music and music apps from your Bluetooth enabled smartphone, tablet, or personal music player using a Bluetooth connection. You can control basic music playback functions, such as Play/Pause & Previous/Next Track, from the AV6118Bi's touchscreen. This unit will also display song/artist information on its touchscreen monitor.
Notes: Before using the unit's Bluetooth functions, you must pair your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone or audio device to the AV6118Bi. You can only pair and connect one device at a time. The unit will auto reconnect with an already paired device. The Pairing code is "0000". Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some mobile devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the AV6118Bi.
iPod/iPhone USB Direct: The Axxera AV6118Bi supports direct connection of select Apple iPods and iPhones with a Lightning or 30-pin connector through its front-panel USB port. The unit offers audio playback, control, song/artist/album display, and charging of your Apple device through the USB port. The touchscreen of the Apple iPhone & iPod touch will remain unlocked during USB connection, so you can also access music apps form the mobile device; the click-wheel of the iPod nano and classic will lock during USB connection.
- Control: You can use the AV6118Bi's touchscreen to browse your music by Playlist, Artist, Album, Song, Genre, or Composer. You can also control playback functions such as Play/Pause, Previous/Next Track, and Random/Repeat from the receiver's touchscreen.
- Display: The Axxera AV6118Bi will display your iPod/iPhone's music file information from stored music and select music apps. The head unit will display elapsed playing time, artist name, song/album title, as well as album art.
- Charging: The head unit's USB connection provides 1A of current to power and charge your connected iPod/iPhone when your vehicle's ignition switch is set to the 'ACC' or 'On' position. If your iPod/iPhone has no initial battery charge, then the unit will not recognize it.
iPod/iPhone Compatibility Chart: The Axxera AV6118Bi is "Made for iPod/iPhone" compatible and support the following iPod/iPhone model features 1/25/2018):
|Apple Device||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||Bluetooth||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Head Unit||iPod/iPhone||Song/Artist Text||Track Info||Album Art||Phone||Audio|
Note: Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
Disc Compatibility: The Axxera AV6118Bi supports playback of DVD-Video, DVD-R/RW, DVD +R/RW, CD-Audio and CD-R/RW discs. The unit can play back MP3 music files and JPEG still image files recorded onto a compatible DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW, or CD-R/RW disc. You can insert or eject a disc with the unit powered off. If the disc is not removed from the disc slot within 20 seconds of being ejected, it will be automatically reloaded to prevent it from being accidentally damaged.
microSD Card Slot: The AV6118Bi DVD receiver is fitted with a front-panel microSD card slot which supports playback of MP3 music files and JPEG photo files stored on a microSD/SDHC memory card (up to 32GB).
USB Port: The Axxera AV6118Bi is fitted with a front-panel USB (type-A) 2.0 port for connection of a USB mass storage class device, such as a USB thumbdrive or portable digital audio player. The unit supports playback of MP3 music files and JPEG photo files stored on a compatible USB MSC device (up to 64GB). USB devices that can be charged via USB will be charged when plugged into the receiver's USB port (max. 1A), and the vehicle's ignition switch is set to ACC or On.
Note: The unit's USB port is not compatible with Android smartphones or tablets.
Playback & Search Functions: The AV6118Bi offers a variety of playback & search functions, so you can find and enjoy your music in the car.
- File/Folder Search: The head unit provides a list of tracks and folders that you can search through to find the music you want.
- Fast Forward/Rewind: The unit allows you to fast forward or rewind through a track or file.
- Random/Repeat: The head unit offers Random (All/Folder) and Repeat (Track/Folder/All) playback functions.
Song/Artist Information: During playback, the unit's touchscreen monitor will display song, artist, and album information (including album art) - when available.
CTA-2006 Compliant: The power specifications for the AV6118Bi are compliant with the CTA-2006 Mobile Amplifier Power Testing and Measurement standards from the Consumer Technology Association (CTA). These standards were developed as a way to equitably compare power specs from model to model and between manufacturers. The power output specs for the AV6118Bi are as follows:
- CTA-2006 Specs: 14 watts x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 20Hz-20kHz, 1% THD-N)
- Maximum Power Output: 50 watts x 4 channels (200 watts total)
2V/6Ch RCA Outputs: The AV6118Bi features front, rear and subwoofer 2-volt RCA outputs. The front and rear speaker RCA outputs are balance and fade adjustable. The subwoofer RCA output is non-fading. You can also adjust the subwoofer output's low-pass crossover (80/120/160Hz) and volume level (0-15).
EQ & Surround Modes: The AV6118Bi is equipped with a built-in EQ. The integrated equalizer offers 7 preset sound modes (Pop, Rock, Jazz, Classic, Beat, Flat, or User) suitable for the music genre of your choice. The User mode allows you to manually adjust the head unit's 7-band graphic EQ (60, 150, 400, 1k, 3k, 7k, 15k Hz). The unit also features a variety of Surround modes (Concert, Wide, Church, Live, Passive, None) that create a unique soundstage inside your vehicle.
Loudness: The Loudness feature compensates for deficiencies in the low and high sound ranges at low volume. Loudness cutoff frequency can be set to 400, 800, or 2400Hz.
Key Beep: The in-dash head unit provides an audible beep to confirm button operation (this can be turned On or Off).
AM/FM Tuner: The Axxera AV6118Bi features a built-in AM/FM tuner with manual, seek, & preset tuning. The built-in AM/FM tuner allows you to store up to 18 FM station presets and 12 AM station presets (for a total of 30 presets). You can tune your presets manually or have the head unit do it automatically. The Local function allows only strong radio stations to be received, blocking stations with weaker signals. You can switch the tuner between USA or European tuning.
Dual Aux Inputs: The Axxera AV6118Bi DVD receiver is fitted with two Aux inputs. There is a front-panel 3.5mm audio only auxiliary input for connecting a temporary external portable audio player. There is also a rear-panel AV auxiliary input which consists of a composite video jack and stereo RCA jacks. The AV aux input can be used for connection of a permanent external audio/video source, such as a Blu-ray player or TV tuner.
Dual Video Output: Two composite video RCA output jacks allow you to an add external monitors, such as rear headrest monitors or an overhead monitor (sold separately). The video outputs will display whatever image is being displayed on the head unit's touchscreen monitor. The video outputs can display a DVD or AV input video signal when its selected as the receiver's source, regardless if the vehicle's parking brake is engaged or not.
Rear-View Camera Input: The Camera Input consists of a Composite video RCA jack for connecting an optional back-up camera (sold separately). This RCA input enables you to connect a rear-view camera to display the area behind your vehicle. This increased visibility encourages and facilitates safer driving. When an optional rearview camera is connected to this unit, the rear view image is displayed on the screen when your vehicle is placed in reverse gear (orange wire of the harness must be connected to reverse light wire of vehicle). Automatic video switching takes approximately 1.5 seconds.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
36 questions already asked