About the Axxera AVM82NAV
Life on the road... without getting lost
Life on the road... without getting lost
You've made the leap into the RV lifestyle, but you're worried that your 20th-century paper maps won't be up to snuff. Axxera's AVM82NAV navigation receiver includes maps and routing for larger vehicles like your RV (or truck or bus), plus a wealth of entertainment options. It features a handsome 6.2" touchscreen display and plenty of sonic muscle to make your road-trip tunes sound alright, alright, alright. And even more than alright is the price on this puppy, which provides a tremendous value no matter where you want to roam.
Follow the mapping leader
The Axxera AVM82NAV boasts maps of the entire U.S., Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands, with an extensive database of over 1 million points of interest. You'll see the maps laid out clearly on the receiver's easy-to-follow touchscreen. iGO primo navigation software ensures you're getting the most reliable routes, including specialized routes for larger vehicles like your RV or bus that avoid narrow roads and low overpasses.
Lane guidance keeps you on the right path for the next maneuver, and in some instances, you'll see realistic depictions of complicated intersections or 3D representations of buildings and landmarks to help orient yourself. When you're ready for a map update, the front-panel SD map card slot makes it easy to get current.
Shallow chassis and a groovy 6.2" display
Axxera built this multimedia marvel with a very shallow chassis, so it'll fit in a wide variety of double-DIN (4" tall) openings. The 6.2" screen delivers a clear picture of maps and album artwork. And Axxera still found a way to make room on the bezel for a USB input, aux input, and a volume knob!
Built-in Bluetooth® for hands-free talking and wireless music streaming
Built-in Bluetooth connectivity lets you make and take calls with your compatible phone through the AVM82NAV. This Axxera gives you full access to your phonebook, so you can keep your phone safely stowed away, and a built-in microphone means less time running wire during your installation. Built-in A2DP technology allows you to stream your tunes from your smartphone through this receiver, so you can access all the music on your Android™ phone or iPhone®, whether it's stored music files or streaming services.
Connect to your music and more
This receiver offers a front aux input connection for more audio sources. Load up your thumb drive with MP3s for your travels — the receiver's front USB port provides convenient access, not to mention plenty of charging power for your devices (but no iPhone or Android control). There's also a rear USB port just for charging your devices (but no playback), and a rear RCA A/V input. A pair of video outputs let you send movies and shows to your optional rear-seat monitors.
Sounds like a winner
Axxera's dynamic 7-band graphic EQ lets you customize the sound, along with the selectable low-pass filter. The included wireless remote control lets your passengers command the entertainment from anywhere in the vehicle.
Expand your system
If you have a more expansive system in mind, use the front, rear, and sub preamp outputs to connect an amp or powered sub. Plus, Axxera gives you inputs to incorporate a rear-view camera and a corresponding audio feed for more safety when you're driving.
Why struggle with stations fading away as you travel? You can hook up a SiriusXM satellite radio tuner (not included) to this receiver and access the wide variety of entertainment, sports, news, and commercial-free music satellite radio provides — and your favorite stations are always there.
This digital multimedia receiver will not play CDs or DVDs.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
You'll need a wired connection to your parking brake to access settings and other features on this receiver. Your parking brake must be connected and set in order to view video on its screen.
- digital multimedia receiver with AM/FM tuner (does not play CDs)
- 6.2" TFT touchscreen (800 x 480 resolution)
- built-in GPS navigation (8GB microSD memory card with maps included — must remain installed in the stereo's card slot)
- built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling and audio streaming
- maps of the United States, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands, plus over 1 million points of interest
- truck-, bus-, and RV-specific points of interest
- lane guidance and junction view
- 3D representations of buildings and landmarks
- plays content from USB memory devices (MP3, WMA) (see Details for full capabilities)
- 7-band graphic EQ
- 7 preset EQ curves
- selectable sub low-pass filter with volume control
- works with SiriusXM satellite radio tuner
- inputs: front microSD card input (for mapping only); front USB input; front aux input (minijack); rear A/V input (RCA); rear USB port (charging only); rear-view camera input (with audio)
- outputs: two composite video outputs (RCA); 6-channel preamp outputs (4-volt front, rear, sub)
- wired connection to parking brake required to access settings and other features on this receiver (the brake must be connected and set for video display)
- compatible with most steering wheel audio controls (adapter required) see Details for more information
- internal amp (16 watts RMS CTA-2006/50 peak x 4 channels)
- CTA-2006 compliant
- fits double-DIN (4" tall) dash openings
- wireless remote control
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # AVM82NAV
What's in the box:
- Navigation receiver (10A fuse)
- 8GB microSD map card (pre-installed)
- Wiring harness
- Mounting sleeve (attached)
- GPS antenna (attach 10' cable terminated by a SMB connector)
- Remote control (CR2025 3V battery installed)
- 2 Removal tools
- 8 Counter-sunk ISO screws
- 8 Pan-head ISO screws
- Quick Start Guide
- SiriusXM Installation Guide
- Steering Wheel Interface (SWI) Operation
Axxera AVM82NAV reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Axxera AVM82NAV
Features & specs
|AUX Input||Mini (front), RCA (rear)|
|Audio/video Input||RCA (rear)|
|Backup Camera Input||Yes|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Alexa Voice Control||N|
|Memory Card Slot||USB|
|Satellite Radio Ready||SiriusXM 2.0|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||16 watts|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||16 watts|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-2kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)||N/A|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)||N/A|
|Preamp Voltage||4 volts|
|Key Button Color||Blue|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||Adapter required|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
|FM Sensitivity||10 dBf|
|Radio Data System||No|
|Music File Playback||MP3|
iGO Primo Next Gen & TomTom Navigation: The Axxera AVM82NAV contains map coverage of the United States (all 50 states) and Puerto Rico with over 1,000,000 points-of-interests from TomTom; all stored on a pre-installed 8GB microSDHC memory card (the microSDHC map card must remained installed in order for navigation system to function). The map database was created using high-resolution aerial and land based data collection. The AVM82NAV employs iGO Primo Next Gen navigation software for turn-by-turn visual and voice assistance to your selected destination. The software quickly calculates step-by-step directions to any destination available on the included on-screen navigation map.
Note: While the receiver's map database was judged to be as accurate as possible at the time of its release (2017), a map database can never be 100% accurate. Road information that is maintained in the map databases, such as turn restrictions or road names may change over time.
Map Updates: iGO offers periodic updates for data such as roads, new addresses, and other navigational information that will keep the Axxera navigation system up to date and provide the best possible experience. For updates and add-on options, please visit www.naviextras.com (requires Windows XP or newer; not compatible with Mac). A free program called "Toolbox" can be downloaded from this website so you can create a copy of your map as a backup, as well as assist in easily checking for updates and optional features that are available.
Note: There is a purchase fee for map updates.
GPS Receiver & Antenna: The Axxera AVM82NAV features a built-in SiRFprima GPS receiver and includes an external GPS antenna which determines vehicle speed and heading changes, along with longitude and latitude information, to accurately determine vehicle heading and position on the system's digital map. The GPS antenna features a magnetic base and can be mounted inside or outside of the vehicle. The GPS antenna measures 1.5625" (w) x 0.625" (h) x 1.9375" (d); with a 10' cable.
Note: The navigation receiver took approximately 17.3 seconds to calculate directions from Charlottesville, Virginia to LA, California. It only took 15.7 seconds to calculate directions from Charlottesville, Virginia to Baltimore, Maryland. These tests were done inside of Crutchfield Head Quarters. Results will vary based on length of calculated route and your surrounding area.
On-Screen Map: The unit's on-screen map shows your vehicle's current position (a blue arrow by default), the recommended route (an orange line), the surrounding map area, and your destination as a checkered flag. The on-screen map shows streets, roads, and highways in a way that is similar to how a paper road map show them. A road's width and colors corresponds to their importance, so you can easily tell a freeway from a small street. When navigating a route, the top section of the map screen shows information about your next route maneuver and the next street or the next city/town. When approaching a turn, the map screen will zoom in and raise the view angle to let you easily recognize your maneuver at the next junction. If the next turn is at a distance, it will zoom out and lower the view angle to be flat so you can see the road in front of you. The map also displays data; such as the posted speed limit, your current speed, current time, distance to your destination, time left before you reach your destination, and your arrival time.
- 2D/3D Map View: Switch between the 3D perspective, 2D Heading Up, and 2D North Up map view modes. In Heading Up mode the map is rotated so its top always points in the current driving direction. This is the default orientation in 3D map view mode. In North up mode, the map face North.
- Color Mode: The navigation map screen uses different color themes (Day/Night) during the day and during the night for both the map and the menu screen. Daytime colors are similar to paper road maps, and the menus are bright. The night color themes use dark colors for large objects to keep the average brightness of the screen low. You can also set the navigation unit to switch between daytime and night color modes automatically based on the current time and GPS position.
Note: You can continue to listen to a selected source while viewing the on-screen navigation map.
Travel Guidance: The Axxera AVM82NAV's navigation map offers helpful lane information and signpost guidance, as well as tunnel view and freeway services.
- Lane Information: When navigation on multilane roads, it is important to take the appropriate lane in order to follow the recommended route. If lane information is available in the map data, the map screen will display the lanes and their directions using small arrows at the bottom of the map. High lighted arrows represent the lanes you need to take.
- Signposts: Where additional information is available, signposts substitute arrows. Signposts are displayed at the top of the map. The color and style of the signposts are similar to the real ones you can see above the road or by the roadside, They show the available destinations and the number of the road the lane leads to.
- Tunnel View: When entering a tunnel, the map is replaced with a generic tunnel image so that surface roads and buildings cannot distract you.
- Freeway Services: When driving on a freeway, you have the navigation system check for the next exit with service stations, restaurants, or lodging.
Audible Alerts: The Axxera AVM82NAV offers various audible alerts and functions to help you get to your destination safely.
- Voice Guidance: In addition to graphic directions, the AVM82NAV provides voice guidance with turn-by-turn instructions and street name announcement. You can select from English, French, Spanish, Korean, Japanese, and Chinese audible languages. The volume of the voice prompts can be increased with increases in speed to overcome road noise. Voice guidance can be turned off if you prefer.
- Safety Alert: This function can warn you when you approach road safety cameras, school zones, or railroad crossings (if available). You can also add your own alert points. Beeps or the spoken type of alert will be heard when you are approaching of these points.
- Speed Limit Warning: Some maps may contain information about the speed limits of certain road segments. The AVM82NAV provides an audible warning if you exceed the recommended speed limit.
Note: While navigating, other sources may be selected and listened to; such as AM/FM Tuner, Disc, USB, iPhone, Bluetooth, & Aux. The unit will mute the audio of the other source during navigation voice-prompts.
Find Destination: From the "Find" menu, you can select your destination by entering an address or selecting a place of interest (1,000,000 POIs), a location on the map, or one of your Favorite destinations. You can also look up your recent destinations from your history or enter coordinates. iGO primo offers you several ways of choosing your destination -
|Browse Map||Select a point on the map for your destination by touching the screen.|
|Address||Enter a full address or a part of an address; for example a street name without a house number or the names of two intersecting streets. Or enter ZIP code only; this way you do not need to select the name of the city and the search for street names might be faster as well.|
|POIs||Search over 1 million POIs (points-of interest) by name, near you current location, along route, near your destination, or around a city.|
|Favorites||You can save your favorite addresses (like home & work) and POIs for quicker access the next time you are traveling.|
|History||The places that you have set as destinations in the past are automatically stored for easier access. Smart History suggests these previously used locations as destinations based on your navigation habits, using parameters like the current time of day, the day of week, and the current location.|
|Coordinates||Allows you to search your destination by longitude and latitude values.|
|Where Am I?||this screen contains information about the current position (or approximately the last known position if GPS reception is not available) and a button to search for Car Repair, Health Agencies, Police, and Gas Stations around your area.|
Route Calculation: The Axxera AVM82NAV calculates your route based on your Vehicle Type, Route Method, and Avoidances.
- Vehicle Type: You select what type of vehicle you are driving, so the navigation unit can determine the best route based on your vehicle type (Car, Emergency, Bus, Taxi, or Truck).
- Route Method: You can choose which route method (Fastest, Shortest, Green, Economical, or Easy) the navigation unit should use when calculating your route.
- Fastest: give a quick route, if you can travel at or near the speed limit on all roads. Usually the best section for fast and normal cars
- Shortest: gives a route that has the smallest total distance of all possible routes. It can be practical for slow vehicles
- Green: gives a quick, but full efficient route based on the fuel consumption data you provide
- Easy: results in a route with fewer turns and no difficult maneuvers
- Avoidances: You can tell the navigation unit to avoid certain types of roads along your calculated route, such as - Highways, Tolls, Carpool/HOV, Unpaved Roads, and/or Ferries.
Planning a Route: The Route Planner feature lets you built your route using the list of destinations you have chosen. You can modify the list as you like (adding or removing a destination (waypoint), changing a final destination, or setting a new starting position. The Itinerary page will display turn-by-turn instructions for your entire route and the distance between turns. You can then preview all the route information and simulate travel along your projected route.
Modify A Route: You can select "Route Alternative" to see the turn-list and map screen of four routes (Fastest/Shortest/Economical/Easy) with the selected route planning parameters, giving you the option to select which route to take. You can also choose to Detour around the road ahead, avoid a specific road, or around a section of the route. The unit will also automatically recalculate your route if you stray from the navigation unit's previously calculated route.
Trip Monitor: The Trip Monitor contains useful information about your trip. Trip Monitor logs can be saved manually when you reach your destination or automatically along your route. Trip Monitor log data includes; Start/End Time, Avg./Max. Speed, Total/Driving/Stopped Time, Total Distance, and Min./Max. Altitude.
Quick Menu: The Quick menu is a selection of controls and functions that are frequently needed during navigation; it can be opened directly from the Map screen.
Built-In Bluetooth: The Axxera AVM82NAV is equipped with built-in Bluetooth 2.1, allowing you to make and receive phone calls wirelessly through the receiver; as well as stream music wirelessly from your smartphone to the head unit. In order to use Bluetooth wireless technology, your phone must also be Bluetooth compatible and be able to interpret certain profiles. This unit is compatible with the following Bluetooth Profiles - HFP (Hands Free Profile), A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile), AVRCP (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile).
- Hands-Free Communication (w/ Integrated Mic): The AVM82NAV supports wireless hands-free communication for your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone. The AVM82NAV allows you to carry on a phone conversation from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone using the integrated microphone and your car audio speakers. Your car audio speakers will mute automatically during a call. During a conversation, you can switch between the Private Mode (talking directly on your cell phone) and the Hands Free Mode.
- Answering A Call: The AVM82NAV allows you to answer a call from the head unit's touchscreen monitor or set the unit to automatically answer an incoming call. Incoming phone call information will be displayed on the unit's LCD monitor, while a ring-tone is heard through your front speakers.
- Making A Call: You can make a call from the AVM82NAV using the unit's on-screen keypad (0-9) or a call history data log of dialed, received, and missed calls.
- Wireless Audio Streaming: The Axxera AVM82NAV also allows you to play back stored music and music apps from your Bluetooth enabled smartphone, tablet, or personal music player using a Bluetooth connection. You can control basic music playback functions, such as Play/Pause & Previous/Next Track, from the AVM82NAV's touchscreen. This unit will also display song/artist information (no album art) on its touchscreen monitor.
Notes: Before using the unit's Bluetooth functions, you must pair your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone or audio device to the AVM82NAV. You can only pair and connect one device at a time. The unit will auto reconnect with an already paired device. The Pairing code is "0000". Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some mobile devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the AVM82NAV.
Dual USB Ports: The Axxera AVM82NAV is outfitted with a front-panel and rear-panel USB (type-A) port. The front-panel USB port can be used to connect a USB thumbdrive (up to 64GB) for playback of MP3 music files. The rear-panel USB port does not support connection of a thumbdrive for music playback and can only be used to charge a USB-enabled device.
- Control: The head unit provides a list of tracks and folders that you can search through to find the music you want. The unit allows you to fast forward or rewind through a track or file. The receiver also offers Random (All/Folder) and Repeat (Track/Folder/All) playback functions.
- Display: During playback, the unit's touchscreen monitor will display song, artist, and album information (no ablum art)- when available.
- Charge: Both USB ports can be used to charged a USB-enabled devices, such as a smartphone. Each USB port has an amperage rating of 1A.
Note: Both USB ports do not support playback from Apple iOS devices, Android OS devices, USB hubs, or card-readers.
microSD Card Slot: The microSD card slot has a pre-loaded 8GB microSD card which contains the receiver's mapping software. The 8GB microSD card must remain inserted to utilize the receiver's navigation functions. The microSD card slot does not support any time of media playback.
AM/FM Tuner: The Axxera AVM82NAV features a built-in AM/FM tuner with manual, seek, & preset tuning. The built-in AM/FM tuner allows you to store up to 18 FM station presets and 12 AM station presets (for a total of 30 presets). You can tune your presets manually or have the head unit do it automatically. The unit even has a Preset Scan feature that lets you quickly scan through all your stations in single FM (1-3) or AM (1-2) bank. The Local function allows only strong radio stations to be received, blocking stations with weaker signals. You can switch the tuner between USA or European tuning.
SiriusXM-Ready: The AVM82NAV is SiriusXM-Ready and compatible with the SiriusXM Connect Vehicle Tuner (220SXV300 sold separately). The SiriusXM Connect Vehicle Tuner supports SiriusXM programming with access to 140+ SiriusXM channels via subscription; check out the most popular SiriusXM subscription packages here. Additional features of the SiriusXM Connect tuner include:
- Channel List w/ Category Search: A channel list displays a list of all available channels. The Category Search function searches for channels in a certain category.
- Song/Artist Display: Displayed Information such as Channel Name, Channel Logo, Artist Name, & Song Title can be viewed on the head unit's LCD
- Presets + TuneScan: You can store up to 18 SiriusXM Radio presets (6 in each SiriusXM Band 1/2/3). TuneScan gives you a short preview of the songs that you have missed on each of your Preset music channels on the currently tuned band.
- Instant Replay: You can pause, rewind, and replay content from the currently tuned SiriusXM channel. The SiriusXM tuner will continually buffer up to 60 minutes of audio from the currently tuned channel. You can also rewind and replay up to 30 minutes of any missed content from a SmartFavorite preset on the currently tuned band.
- Parental Control: Channels containing unsuitable content for children can be blocked.
Note: A separate SiriusXM Satellite Radio subscription is required (operates on the XM Network). However, you can easily add this SiriusXM tuner to an existing Sirius or XM account for a Multi-Radio Discount Plan.
CTA-2006 Compliant: The power specifications for the AVM82NAV are compliant with the CTA-2006 Mobile Amplifier Power Testing and Measurement standards from the Consumer Technology Association (CTA). These standards were developed as a way to equitably compare power specs from model to model and between manufacturers. The power output specs for the AVM82NAV are as follows:
- CTA-2006 Specs: 16 watts x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 20Hz-20kHz, 1% THD-N)
- Maximum Power Output: 50 watts x 4 channels (200 watts total)
4V/6Ch RCA Outputs: The AVM82NAV features front, rear and subwoofer 4-volt RCA outputs. The front and rear speaker RCA outputs are balance and fade adjustable. The subwoofer RCA output is non-fading.
Sub Controls: You can also adjust the subwoofer output's built-in low pass crossover (80/120/160Hz) and volume level (0-15).
EqualizerThe AVM82NAV is equipped with a built-in EQ. The integrated equalizer offers 7 preset sound modes (Pop, Rock, Jazz, Classic, Beat, Flat, or User) suitable for the music genre of your choice. The User mode allows you to manually adjust the head unit's 7-band graphic EQ (60, 150, 400, 1k, 3k, 7k, 15k Hz).
Surround Modes: The unit also features a variety of Surround modes (Concert, Wide, Church, Live, Passive, None) that create a unique soundstage inside your vehicle.
Loudness: The Loudness feature compensates for deficiencies in the low and high sound ranges at low volume. Loudness cutoff frequency can be set to 400, 800, or 2400Hz.
Aux Input: There is a front-panel 3.5mm auxiliary input that allows connection of a portable audio device with a headphone or analog audio output. The front-panel Aux input only supports audio playback (no video playback).
AV Input: There is rear-panel AV auxiliary input which consists of a composite video jack and stereo RCA jacks. The AV input can be used for connection of an external audio/video source, such as a DVD player or TV tuner.
Dual Video Output: Two composite video RCA output jacks allow you to an add external monitors, such as rear headrest monitors or an overhead monitor (sold separately). The video outputs will display whatever image is being displayed on the head unit's touchscreen monitor. The video outputs can display a DVD or AV input video signal when its selected as the receiver's source, regardless if the vehicle's parking brake is engaged or not.
Rear-View Camera Input: The Camera Input consists of a Composite video RCA jack and a mono-RCA audio jack for connecting an optional back-up camera (sold separately). The composite video input enables you to connect a rear-view camera to display the area behind your vehicle. This increased visibility encourages and facilitates safer driving. When an optional rearview camera is connected to this unit, the rear view image is displayed on the screen when your vehicle is placed in reverse gear (orange wire of the harness must be connected to reverse light wire of vehicle). Automatic video switching takes approximately 1.5 seconds.
- This unit does offer on-screen parking assist lines. Some backup cameras (sold separately) allow you to add this feature.
- The rear view camera feature is meant as a back-up aid only; never solely rely on the rear-view camera when backing-up. In addition to using the rear-view camera, always look behind you to make sure everything is clear when backing up your vehicle.
6.2" LCD Touchscreen: The Axxera AVM82NAV features a 6.2" LCD touchscreen monitor with LED backlighting and resolution of 1,152,000. This unit's touchscreen controls with interactive video graphics make menu navigation simple and intuitive. You can adjust the screen's brightness, contrast, hue, saturation, and sharpness level; as well as select from three different wallpapers/backgrounds.
Note: For safety reasons, you cannot view a video source on the built-in monitor as long as the vehicle is in motion. In order to display video, the pink wire of the included harness must be hardwired into the vehicle's parking brake light circuit, and the vehicle's parking brake must be engaged.
Start-Up Time: The Axxera AVM82NAV will turn on to the last source selected. The unit has a start-up time of approximately 10 seconds from Off to the last Source selected. It hasa start-up time of about 30 from Off to the Navigation screen.
Hard-Key Controls: In addition to the 6.2" LCD touchscreen, the unit also has push-button controls and a 3-way rotary dial on the front-panel along the left edge of the screen.
Remote Control: The Axxera AVM82NAV comes with an IR remote and supports many vehicle's steering wheel controls (adapter required).
- IR Remote Control: The AVM82NAV comes supplied with a 41-button IR remote control which provides wireless operation of many of the receiver's functions; including Bluetooth hands-free and audio streaming functions (the remote does not operate navigation functions).
- Optional Steering Wheel Control Interface: The unit features a SWC (steering wheel control) input and is compatible with a PAC or Metra steering wheel control interface adapter (sold separately - see accessory tab), so you can keep your vehicle's factory steering wheel controls.
Key Beep: The in-dash navigation eceiver provides an audible beep to confirm button operation (this can be turned On or Off).