About the Axxera AXA20
Make it sound good and loud
Make it sound good and loud
Many people will never know how a good amplifier can improve the sound of your car's audio system. It's a huge step up over powering your speakers with your radio. Axxera's AXA20 amplifier will increase the power and clarity of your music, sending 90 watts RMS each to a pair of high-performance speakers. Or, you can bridge this versatile amplifier to 1-channel mode in order to power a subwoofer with up to 280 watts RMS.
The AXA20 uses Class AB amp technology to achieve great fidelity, with extended high-frequency response for crisp, crystal-clear musical imaging. You can use the onboard crossover filters and bass boost to optimize the performance of any kind of speaker or sub you may have. RCA and speaker-level inputs will allow you to integrate this amp into almost any car audio system.
- 2-channel car amplifier
- 90 watts RMS x 2 at 4 ohms (120 watts RMS x 2 at 2 ohms)
- 280 watts RMS x 1 in bridged mode (4-ohm stable in bridged mode)
- CTA-2006 compliant
- Class AB amp technology
- frequency response: 10-35,000 Hz
- variable high- and low-pass filters (50-500 Hz)
- variable bass boost (0-12 dB at 45 Hz)
- preamp inputs and outputs
- speaker-level inputs
- wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- 8-gauge power and ground leads recommended
- fuse rating: 30A x 1
- 10-7/16"W x 2-3/16"H x 9"D
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # AXA20
What's in the box:
- 2-Channel amplifier
- 30A ATO fuse (installed)
- 8.5" Speaker input harness
- Four M4 x 20mm screws (for mounting amp)
- Installation/Owner's Manual
Axxera AXA20 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Axxera AXA20
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||
90 x 2 |
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||900 x 1|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||120 x 2|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||280 x 1|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||4|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Best Frequency Response||10-35000 Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||90 dB|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-500 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/octave|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-500 Hz|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/octave|
|Bass Boost||0-12 dB|
|Bass Boost Frequency||45 Hz|
|Speaker Level Inputs||Harness|
|Preamp Outputs||1 pair|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Power Output: The Axxera AXA20 is a two-channel amplifier designed to power a pair of speakers or one subwoofer in your vehicle. The amplifier provides the following power output:
- 90 watts x 2 at 4Ω and ≤1% THD+N (14.4V, 20-20k)
- 120 watts x 2 at 2Ω and ≤1% THD+N (14.4V, 20-20k)
- 280 watts x 1 at 4Ω bridged and ≤1% THD+N (14.4V, 20-20k)
- 900 watts at 4Ω peak music power
Controls: The controls for the amplifier are located on one end of the amplifier. The controls include:
- Gain Control: The rotary Gain Control lets you match the output of the source unit to the amplifier. When setting the Gain, you should turn the source unit up to about 3/4 of the maximum volume, adjust the gain until audible distortion can be heard, and then back the gain down slightly.
- Crossover: The amp has a 3-way switch and rotary controls for selecting the type, and setting the frequency for the crossover. You can set the crossover to High Pass (HP), Flat (Full Range), or Low Pass (LP), The frequency range is 50Hz - 500Hz for both the high pass and low pass filters. The crossover has a 12dB/octave slope.
- Bass Boost: The variable Bass Boost features a rotary control that can be set between 0dB and +12dB. The bass boost has a center frequency of 45Hz.
Power Connections: The AXA20 has screw terminals for power, ground, and turn-on lead (REM). The terminals can be loosened/tightened with a Phillips-head screwdriver (not supplied). The power and ground terminals are 0.55" in width, while the REM terminal is 0.345". The manufacturer recommends using 8-gauge power and ground wires. A 30A fuse should be installed on the power cable, no more than 18" away from the positive battery terminal. Typically, an 18-gauge REM lead is sufficient.
Speaker Connections: The speaker outputs have screw terminals that are 0.345" in width. The minimum impedance is 2Ω for stereo speakers, or 4Ω when bridged for a subwoofer.
Signal Inputs: A pair of RCA jacks is provided for connecting an aftermarket stereo. If your source unit lacks an RCA output, you can splice the unit's left and right speaker wires to the provided speaker-level input harness, and plug it into the amplifier. In addition to the RCA inputs, the amp has a pair of RCA "pass through" jacks. These allow you to send the audio signal to another amplifier. This signal is unaffected by the amplifier's crossovers or bass boost.
A.T.M.S.: The Axxera's Advanced Thermal Management System (A.T.M.S.) protects the amplifier in case of excessive heat. When the amplifier shuts down due to thermal overload, it will automatically reset when the operating temperature reaches normal range. The amplifier is also protected from short circuits (speaker wires touching each other, or touching chassis ground), damaged or defective speakers (internally shorted), speaker load too low, and reverse polarity.
2-Year Warranty: All Axxera products sold by Crutchfield are covered by a 2-year warranty.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
7 questions already asked