About the Axxera AXD330
Axxera's AXD330 CD receiver boasts bright blue buttons and controls, plus a multi-line display whose colors you can change — so you can create your own cool color combos. And the styling is sharp too, with a fold-down face that conceals the CD slot for a clean and uncluttered look.
Your music, ready to roll
You can use the front-panel USB port for an iPod®, iPhone®, or a thumb drive, then browse through your music library with the receiver's controls. Front and rear auxiliary inputs give you plenty of options for plugging in other devices. Flip the face down and insert a CD — you'll be able to play store-bought and home-burned discs, including those loaded with MP3 and WMA music files.
Pandora® control with your iPhone
If you're into streaming media, you'll feel right at home with the AXD330. Just plug your iPhone into the receiver's front-panel USB input and take charge of your Pandora account — listen to existing stations, create new stations, and rate songs with a "thumbs up" or "thumbs down," right from the face of the receiver. And you'll be charging your phone while it's connected, too.
Axxera equips the AXD330 with a 3-band EQ for sound adjustment, along with a remote control for your back seat passengers. Two pairs of preamp outputs let you add amps and subs for a high-powered system. Axxera protects this receiver with its 2-year warranty.
Want to keep your car's steering wheel audio controls?
In most vehicles, you can use an adapter (not included) to connect your vehicle's steering wheel controls to this Axxera stereo. Connect a few wires, then program the adapter for your particular car and the Axxera, and you'll retain the convenience of your steering wheel controls.
- CD receiver with built-in amplifier (18 watts RMS CEA-2006/60 peak x 4 channels)
- plays CDs, CD-Rs, and CD-RWs (including discs loaded with MP3 and WMA files)
- detachable face with blue buttons and a variable-color multi-line display
- Pandora control with iPhone
- remote control
- 3-band equalizer
- subwoofer level control
- built-in iPod controls
- inputs: front USB input, front and rear auxiliary inputs
- outputs: 4-channel preamp outputs (4-volt front, rear/subwoofer)
What's in the box:
- CD receiver (10A fuse inserted in chassis)
- Detachable face-plate (in face case) Hard plastic face case
- Wiring harness
- Sleeve (installed)
- Trim ring (installed)
- Remote control (CR2025 battery installed)
- 2 Removal tools
- 8 ISO-mount screws
- Rear-support bolt
- Lock washer
- Quick Start Guide
Axxera AXD330 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Axxera AXD330
Features & specs
|Backup Camera Input||No|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Memory Card Slot||USB|
|Satellite Radio Ready||No|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||18 watts|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||---|
|Peak Output||60 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||20-20kHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||No|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Navigation App Compatible (iOS)|
|Navigation App Compatible (Android)|
|Preamp Voltage||4 volts|
|Key Button Color||Blue|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||Adapter required|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
|Radio Data System||No|
|Music File Playback||MP3, WMA|
CD Compatibility: The Axxera AXD330 head unit supports CD-Audio, CD-Text, CD-R, and CD-RW disc playback. The head unit supports playback of MP3/WMA music files recorded onto CD-R and CD-RW discs.
USB Port: The Axxera AXD330 is equipped with front-panel USB (type-A) which enables connection of a portable USB mass-storage class (MSC) device; such as your Android smartphone, portable digital audio player, or USB thumbdrive. The head unit supports playback of MP3/WMA music files stored on a compatible USB mass storage device. The unit's USB port will also charge (max. 0.5A) your USB devices during connection.
Playback Features: The AXD330 offers playback features such as Repeat, Random and Intro scan.
- Repeat: You can repeat a single track, a specific folder, or an entire disc.
- Random: You can shuffle the playback order of all your songs or only the songs in a specific folder.
- Intro Scan: You can scan the first 10 seconds of each track or the first 10 seconds of each track in a folder.
File/Folder Search: This search function allows navigation through compressed music files' folders to find a specific file or for playback.
Off Insert/Eject: A CD disc can be inserted or ejected with the power off. When a disc is inserted with the power off, the unit will automatically power up and begin playback.
Auto-Reload: If a disc is ejected and not removed within 10 seconds, the unit will reload the disc.
USB 1-Wire iPod/iPhone Control: The Axxera AXD330's front-panel USB port allows you to connect your iPod/iPhone via the included Dock- or Lightning-to-USB cable that comes with your iPod/iPhone (not included with the head unit). This USB 1-Wire for iPod/iPhone connection provides audio playback (for both stored music & music apps), metadata display, control, and charging of select iPod/iPhones through the Axxera CD receiver.
- Bypass iPod DAC: The USB connection allows your iPod/iPhone's stored music to be loaded instantly to the head unit and sound quality to be maximized through the head unit's 1-bit D/A converter (bypassing iPod/iPhone DAC), allowing for a Signal-to-Noise ratio up to 80dB.
- Music Navigation: You can choose to control the iPod/iPhone from the head unit or from your iPod/iPhone's clickwheel or touchscreen. The head unit allows you to browse your iPod/iPhone's stored music by Artist, Album, Song, Playlist, Podcast, or Audiobook (music content listed alphabetically). The unit also provides Fast Forward/Reverse, Previous/Next Track, Repeat/Random, and Intro Scan for your connected iPod/iPhone. In addition, music apps can be accessed directly from your iPhone's touchscreen.
- Information Display: The head unit will display your iPod/iPhone's music file information; including Track #, Elapsed playing time, Song title, Artist name, and Album label.
- Charging: While connected and the ignition switch is set to ACC or ON, the head unit's USB connection will power and charge (0.5A max) your iPod/iPhone. If your iPod/iPhone has no initial battery charge, then this unit will not recognize it.
iPod/iPhone Compatibility Chart: The Axxera AXD330 is "Made for iPod/iPhone" compatible and supports the following iPod/iPhone model features (as of 11/3/2015):
|Apple Device||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Head Unit||iPod/iPhone||Pandora||Artist/Song Text||Track Info|
Note: Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
Dual Auxiliary Inputs: The AXD330 features dual auxiliary inputs. There is a front-panel 3.5mm auxiliary input for connecting a temporary external portable audio device, such as a portable MP3 player. There is also a rear-panel stereo RCA auxiliary input for connecting a permanent external audio device.
AM/FM Tuner: The Axxera AXD330 features a built-in AM/FM tuner with manual, seek, and preset tuning. You can store up to 18 FM station presets and 12 AM station presets (manually or automatically). The Local function allows only strong radio stations to be received, blocking stations with weaker signals. You can even switch the tuner between USA or European tuning.
Pandora App: The Pandora App (free) lets you play music from the Pandora music service through the Axxera AXD330 using your connected Apple iPhone, via the Dock- or Lightning-to-USB cable supplied with your iPhone. The AXD330 provides control over the Pandora music service and displays Artist, Album, and Song information. Your iPhone will need an active Data Plan account with connection to the Internet via 3G, EDGE, or WiFi. You will also need a Pandora music service account.
- Station List: You can select Pandora stations from your Station List by date or alphabetically (A-Z).
- QuickMix: QuickMix allows you to listen to songs played on one or more Pandora stations in your Station List randomly. You will need to edit your QuickMix station selections on the iPhone before connection.
- Skip Songs: You can skip song tracks within a station. You cannot skip back to a previous song. Pandora limits the number of skips allowed.
- Thumbs Up/Down: You can give songs a thumbs up or thumbs down to help Pandora personalize stations to suit your preferences.
Note: Access to the Pandora service will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone to connect to the Internet. Pandora is not supported in Canada and only available in the United States.
MOSFET Amplifier: The Axxera AXD330 is equipped with a MOSFET amplifier. Compared to conventional power supplies, the MOSFET amplification circuit is smaller and more efficient, and it delivers increased power with less distortion and absolutely zero on/off switching noise. More power means louder and cleaner music at higher volumes because you're not pushing the limits of the amplification circuit.
CEA2006 Compliant: The power specifications for the AXD330 are compliant with the CEA2006 Mobile Amplifier Power Testing and Measurement standards from the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA). These standards were developed as a way to equitably compare power specs from model to model and between manufacturers. The power output specs for the AXD330 are as follows:
- CEA2006 Specs: 18 watts RMS x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 20Hz-20kHz, 1% THD-N)
- Maximum Power Output: 60 watts x 4 channels (240 watts total)
4V/4Ch Preamp Outputs: The Axxera AXD330 is equipped with two pair of 2-Volt preamp outputs (Front, R/Sub). The R/Sub preamp output can be switched between a rear-channel full-range output or a non-fading subwoofer preamp output.
Subwoofer Control: When the subwoofer preamp output is activated, you can adjust the output level (0-12) of the sub preamp output. You can also set the low-pass crossover to 80, 120, 160Hz, or Through (full-range).
Equalizer: The Axxera CD Receiver features the following preset EQ curves (Flat, Pop, Jazz, Classic, Beat, Rock, or User) to customize your music listening. The User mode activates a 3-Band EQ which lets you adjust Bass, Midrange, and Treble manually from -6 to +6. EQ settings are stored for each source.
Loudness: The Loudness function enhances the bass & treble frequencies at low volumes.
Source Volume Level: The Source Volume Level control allows a gain adjustment for each audio source (Tuner, CD, Aux, USB, iPod, Pandora). You can set the source volume level (+/-6dB) for each mode, depending on the relative volume of each audio source.
Program Volume: You can set the AXD330 to power-on to the same volume level (0-30) every time.
Key Beep: When this function is enabled, every button press will output a beep tone.
Detachable Fold-Down Face: The Axxera AXD330 features a manual fold-down face-plate. The head unit's face-plate is detachable to deter theft. A hard-plastic face-case is provided. An optional soft face case (142DFC1X, sold separately) can also be purchased for this unit.
Note: The head unit needs 1.75" of clearance in front of it for the face-plate to fold down.
Multi-Line Display: The AXD330 features a multi-line display which can provide song, artist, and album information at the same time.
Custom Color LCD: The Axxera AXD330 features 31 color presets for the LCD illumination. You can choose one of these color presets or select the Auto Change mode which scrolls through all 31 color presets. Additionally, there is a Custom Color mode, allowing you to individually adjust the intensity of Red, Green, and Blue (from 0 to 32). You can select a different color for daytime and nighttime.
Note: The head unit's button illumination remains Blue.
Positive/Negative Effect: You can switch the in-dash head unit's display between a positive or negative effect.
Dimmer: You can manually dim the head unit's display. Settings include - High, Middle, Low.
Power-On Message: This feature allows a "Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening" text message to be shown on the unit's LCD screen when it is powered on.
Demo Mode: You can enable or disable the units demonstration mode.
Wireless Remote Control: The AXD330 comes supplied with an 18-button IR wireless remote control which provides complete control of the Axxera CD Receiver.
Steering Wheel Remote Compatibility: The head unit features an OEM steering wheel remote control input on the rear of the unit that lets you keep your vehicle's factory radio steering wheel remote controls when used with an optional steering wheel audio control adapter (sold separately). Please consult Crutchfield's Outfit My Car to see if your vehicle is compatible.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
8 questions already asked