About the Dual BAK1000
Hear your music loud and clear
You want to take that big step up to better sound? Dual's BAK1000 4-channel amplifier will bring new power and clarity to your music, delivering 100 watts RMS to each of the high-performance speakers in the front and rear of your vehicle. Or, you can bridge this powerful amp to 2-channel mode in order to drive a couple of subwoofers with up to 250 watts RMS each. You can use the onboard high- and low-pass filters to optimize the performance of your speakers or subs. RCA and speaker-level inputs will allow you to successfully integrate this amp into almost any car audio system.
- 4-channel car amplifier
- 100 watts RMS x 4 at 4 ohms (125 watts RMS x 4 at 2 ohms)
- 250 watts RMS x 2 at 4 ohms bridged (4-ohm stable in bridged mode)
- variable high- and low-pass filters (50-500 Hz) on front and rear channels
- selectable bass boost (0, 6, 12 dB at 45 Hz)
- preamp and speaker-level inputs
- wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- 8-gauge power and ground leads recommended
- fuse rating: 25A x 2
- 14"W x 2-1/8"H x 8-15/16"D
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # BAK1000
What's in the box:
- 4-Channel amplifier
- Two 25A ATO fuses (installed)
- 12" Speaker input harness
- 2.5mm Allen wrench
- Four 3" self-tapping screws
- 4 Flat washers
- 4 Split lock washers
- Installation/Owner's Manual (English)
- Installation/Owner's Manual (Spanish)
Dual BAK1000 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Dual BAK1000
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||
100 x 4 |
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||---|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||250 x 4|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||500 x 2|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||4|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Best Frequency Response||20-20k Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||---|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||75 dB|
|Amplifier Class||Not Given|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-500 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/octave|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||50-500 Hz|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/octave|
|Bass Boost||off, 6 dB, 12 dB|
|Bass Boost Frequency||45 Hz|
|Speaker Level Inputs||Harness|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Power Output: The Dual BAK1000 is a 4-channel amplifier designed to power up to two pairs of speakers or one or more subwoofers in your vehicle. The amplifier provides the following power output:
- 100 watts x 4 RMS at 4Ω stereo (14.4V)
- 250 watts x 4 MAX at 2Ω stereo (14.4V)
- 500 watts x 2 MAX at 4Ω bridged (14.4V)
- 1000 watts total dynamic power
Controls: The controls for the amplifier are located on one end of the amplifier. There are separate controls for the front channels and rear channels. The controls include:
- Gain Control: The rotary Gain Controls let you match the output of the source unit to the amplifier. When setting the Gain, you should turn the source unit up to about 3/4 of the maximum volume, adjust the gain until audible distortion can be heard, and then back the gain down slightly.
- Crossovers: The amp has rotary controls for independently setting the crossovers for front and rear channels. The crossovers can be set to High Pass, Low Pass, or Off (full range), and the crossover frequencies between 50Hz and 500Hz. The crossovers have a 12dB/octave slope.
- Bass Boost: The Bass Boost features 3-way switches for the front and rear channels. You can set the bass boost level at 0, +6dB, and +12dB. The bass boost has a center frequency of 45Hz.
Power Connections: The BAK1000 has set screw terminals for power, ground, and turn-on lead (REM). The set screws can be loosened/tightened with the supplied 2.5mm Allen wrench. The power, ground, and REM terminals will accept up to 8-gauge wire. The manufacturer recommends 8-gauge power and ground wire. A 50A fuse should be installed on the power cable, no more than 18" away from the positive battery terminal. Typically, an 18-gauge REM lead is sufficient.
Speaker Connections: The set-screw speaker outputs are capable of accepting up to 8-gauge speaker wire. Speaker connections are provided for up to four speakers. The speaker pairs can be bridged for connecting one or two subwoofers. The minimum impedance is 2Ω in stereo and 4Ω bridged. Simultaneous stereo/bridged operation is possible if you wish to power one pair of full range speakers and one subwoofer.
Note: In simultaneous stereo/bridged mode, the built-in crossovers should be set to Off, and passive crossovers should be used.
Signal Inputs: Two pairs of RCA jacks are provided -- one pair each for the front and rear input signals. The RCA inputs will accept low level signals from your source unit. A switch on the side of the amp lets you select the Input Mode -- 4CH or 2CH. If the source unit has two pairs of RCA outputs, select 4CH. If it has only one pair, select 2CH, and the signal will be sent to all 4 channels. If your source unit lacks RCA outputs, you can splice the unit's speaker wires to the provided speaker-level input harness, and plug it into the amplifier. The input sensitivity range is 200mV to 6V.
Protection Circuitry: The BAK1000 features a 3-way protection circuitry that protects the amplifier from thermal overload, speaker short circuit, and reverse polarity. When the amplifier shuts down due to thermal overload, it will automatically reset when the operating temperature reaches normal range.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?