About the Dual AMCP425BT
A nice upgrade to your boat's audio system
A nice upgrade to your boat's audio system
A good sound system makes a day on the water even better. With this AMCP425BT marine audio package from Dual, you can upgrade your system without emptying your wallet. This combo includes a marine-rated AM425BT CD receiver, a set of rugged DMP672 6-1/2" marine speakers, and mounting hardware. It's a quality starter system that gives you great sound, rugged reliability, and smart features you'd expect to find in gear costing a whole lot more.
Marine-rated quality, plus motion control
Dual's AM425BT CD receiver gives you plenty of playback options and nifty high-tech features. With built-in Bluetooth and an integrated microphone, you get the safety and convenience of hands-free calling and audio streaming with compatible smartphones and music players.
You'll enjoy plenty of options for entertainment and information with this receiver, highlighted by direct USB control for iPod and iPhone devices. You can also listen to your favorite AM/FM stations, play music stored on a USB drive, or plug an portable player into the minijack aux input.
The AM425BT offers bass and treble controls, along with three preset modes. You'll find a set of 2-volt RCA outputs, handy if you want to connect an external amp or marine powered sub.
And the incredibly cool thing is that this receiver gives you motion control over basic functions like play/pause, volume, track selection, and (in select cases) your iPhone. Just wave your hand to move to the next track or turn the volume down — that's a very handy thing to have when you're out on the water.
Built tough to withstand the elements
Dual made the AM425BT to survive the extremes of life on the water, with a UV-resistant exterior that resists fading, a detachable faceplate, and a conformal-coated PC board that resists corrosion. It blends into most boat interiors and offers an impressive list of features. All the openings are protected from salt and spray when not in use, and you can control all functions (except for Bluetooth) with the included remote.
The detachable faceplate features a 10-character display that's easy to read day or night. When you leave your boat at the dock, you can detach the face and store it until you're ready to head out again.
All this, and speakers, too
The included Dual DMP672 marine speakers pair up perfectly with this receiver. These durable 6-1/2" dual-cone speakers provide plenty of punch and excellent clarity. With injection-molded polypropylene cones and poly-cloth surrounds, these rugged speakers will resist sun and spray to give you great sound for seasons to come.
Installation notes: This marine radio is water-resistant, but we recommend mounting it in a water-resistant enclosure or using a cover for best performance.
iPod/smartphone note: If you're going to use your iPod or smartphone with this receiver, be sure to check "Details" for compatibility information.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
- package includes a Dual AM425BT receiver and a pair of DMP672 6-1/2" marine speakers
Dual AM425BT CD receiver
- marine CD receiver with built-in amplifier (18 watts RMS CTA-2006/60 peak × 4 channels)
- built-in Bluetooth for wireless calling and music streaming
- motion control over basic functions like play, pause, volume, and track selection
- 3-3/4" wide display with black text on white background
- direct control of your iPod or iPhone via USB
- front-panel USB input charges most devices; works with thumb drives
- front-panel 3.5mm aux input for MP3 and other music players
- AM/FM receiver with 30 presets
- U.S. and European tuning
- remote control
- detachable face
- waterproof, conformal coated circuit boards
- bass and treble controls with preset tone curves
- inputs: front-panel auxiliary input and USB port
- outputs: 2-channel preamp outputs
- warranty: 1 year
DMP672 marine speakers
- 2-way 6-1/2" marine speakers
- power rating: 20 watts RMS (100 watts peak)
- polypropylene cones with treated cloth surrounds
- sensitivity: 88 dB
- frequency response: 45-15,000 Hz
- dual cone design
- top mount depth: 2-7/16"
- cutout dimension: 5-1/8"
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # AMCP425BT
What's in the box:
- Dual AM425BT:
- Marine CD receiver
- Face-plate (attached)
- Sleeve (installed)
- Wiring harness (10A fuse)
- 42" Stereo minijack cable
- Remote control (CR2025 battery installed)
- 40" AM/FM wire antenna
- 2 Removal tools
- 2 Face-fixing screws
- 8 ISO-screws
- Rear-support stud
- Quick Start Guide
- Motion Control Operation Sheet
- Dual DMP672:
- Two Marine coaxial speakers
- 2 Grilles (pre-installed)
- Two 12' lengths of speaker wire
- 8 Screws
- Grille-removal tool
- Installation/Owner's Manual
Dual AMCP425BT reviews
Great quality and performance for the price with convenience of a matched system
0 of 0 found this helpful
Nice update and ways a very easy install.
0 of 1 found this helpful
More details on the Dual AMCP425BT
Marine Certified: The Dual AM425BT marine receiver is specifically designed and built to last in harsh marine environments.
- Conformal Coating: A transparent protective film is applied to surfaces of all interior printed circuit boards. This additional layer of defense guards against dust, condensation, and corrosion; ensuring maximum longevity in demanding marine installations.
- UV Resistant Construction: The faceplate and other exposed elements of the receiver are carefully injection-molded using high-temperature ultra-violet resistant resins, preventing them from breaking down in the sun and give you peace of mind to enjoy your music on the water.
- EDP Chassis: Applied using an electrical charge, EDP (Electrophoretically Deposited Paint) offers unparalleled protections against corrosion and rust resistance. All exterior metal surface including cassis, heatsink, and mounting sleeve undergo this process to ensure a long life in the marine environment.
- PET Wrapped Chassis: This tough, dirt and moisture-resistant layer of PET (polyethylene) wraps the top and the sides of the entire chassis; providing additional measure of protection from the harsh marine elements.
- Silicone Cover: Injected from high-grade silicone, this removable cover guards the receiver's front-panel USB/3.5mm input, protecting if from water splashes and debris. A convenient tether provide and attachment to the receiver, ensuring the cover is removable but won't get lost.
Note: Even though the conformal coating and other marine features makes the receiver water-resistant, it can be further protected by an optional universal marine cover; such as the Metra (120999005B, sold separately) or Scosche (142ACM1, sold separately).
Front-Panel Display: The Dual AM425BT marine CD receiver features a detachable front-panel display with motion control.
- Positive-Type Display: The vibrant positive-type, LCD provides enhanced visibility under the toughest boating environments. High-contrast black characters on a white background ensure readability in any situation; from total darkness to direct sunlight. The display brightness can be set to High, Medium, or Low.
- Motion Control: You can use simple hand gestures to control the receiver's most commonly used functions such as play/pause, volume up/down, and track forward/backwards (functionality will depend on connected device).
- Clock Display: The marine head unit features a 12/24-hour clock; the clock will display in 12-hours in US tuning mode and 24-hours in European tuning mode. The clock can be set to remain on even when the head unit is powered off.
- Detachable Face: The head unit's face-plate is detachable to deter theft (no face case provided). An optional soft face case (142DFC1X, sold separately) can also be purchased for this unit.
IR Remote: The Dual AM425BT comes supplied with an 17-button IR wireless remote control which provides complete control of the CD receiver.
Bluetooth Technology: The Dual marine receiver is equipped with built-in Bluetooth allowing you to make and receive phone calls wirelessly through the receiver; as well as stream music wirelessly from your smartphone to the head unit. In order to use Bluetooth wireless technology, your phone must also be Bluetooth compatible and be able to interpret certain profiles. This unit is compatible with the following Bluetooth Profiles:
- Hands-Free Communication: HFP 1.5 (Hands Free Profile)
- Audio Streaming: A2DP 1.2 (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile), AVRCP 1.3 (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile).
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with this head unit.
Pairing: Before using your Bluetooth enabled device, it must be paired to the marine receiver. You can only pair one device at a time with this unit. Once paired, when your Bluetooth device is in close proximity to the receiver, the auto connection function automatically connects the two units. The head unit is compatible with most Bluetooth enabled mobile phones, including the Apple iPhone and Android smartphones.
Hands-Free Communication w/ External Mic: The Dual marine receiver allows for wireless communication between the head unit and your Bluetooth enabled cell-phone. You can answer an incoming call from the head unit's front-panel control or included remote; or you can set the head unit to auto answer all incoming calls. Incoming phone call information will be displayed on the unit's front-panel LCD. You can manually enter a phone number using the included remote or transfer a call from your phone. You can also select a phone number from a recent call list (dialed/missed/received) or quickly redial the last number. Use the included external microphone to speak into during your phone conversation, while the other party will be heard through your vehicle's speakers. Your car audio speakers will mute automatically during a call.
Wireless Audio Streaming: The marine receiver also allows you to play back stored music and streamed music apps from your Bluetooth enabled source device using a wireless connection. Playback controls include Play/Pause & Next/Previous Track. This unit does not display song/artist information from Bluetooth audio devices.
USB 1-Wire iPod/iPhone Control: The Dual AM425BT's front-panel USB port allows you to connect your iPod/iPhone via the included Dock- or Lightning-to-USB cable that comes with your iPod/iPhone (not included with the head unit). This USB 1-Wire for iPod/iPhone connection provides audio playback (for both stored music & music apps), metadata display, control, and charging of select iPod/iPhones through the Dual CD receiver.
- Control: You can choose to control the iPod/iPhone from the head unit or from your iPod/iPhone's clickwheel or touchscreen. The head unit allows you to browse your iPod/iPhone's stored music by Artist, Album, Song, Playlist, Podcast, or Audiobook (music content listed alphabetically). The unit also provides Fast Forward/Reverse, Previous/Next Track, Repeat/Random, and Intro Scan for your connected iPod/iPhone. In addition, music apps can be accessed directly from your iPhone's touchscreen.
- Display: The head unit will display your iPod/iPhone's music file information; including Track #, Elapsed playing time, Song title, Artist name, and Album title.
- Charging: While connected and the ignition switch is set to ACC or ON, the head unit's USB connection will power and charge (0.5A max) your iPod/iPhone. If your iPod/iPhone has no initial battery charge, then this unit will not recognize it.
iPod/iPhone Compatibility Chart: The Dual AM425BT is "Made for iPod/iPhone" compatible and supports the following iPod/iPhone model features (as of 1/25/2018):
|iPod/iPhone||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Head Unit||iPod/iPhone||Pandora||Song/Artist Text||Track Info|
Note: Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
Aux Input: There is a front-panel 3.5mm auxiliary input for connecting a temporary external portable audio device, such as a portable MP3 player.
AM/FM Tuner: The Dual AM425BT features a built-in AM/FM tuner with manual, seek, and preset tuning. You can store up to 18 FM station presets and 12 AM station presets (manually or automatically). The Local function allows only strong radio stations to be received, blocking stations with weaker signals. You can even switch the tuner between USA or European tuning. A 40" wired AM/FM antenna is included.
Pandora App: The Pandora App (for Apple iOS 10+) lets you play music from the Pandora music service through the Dual AM425BT using your connected Apple iPhone, via the Dock- or Lightning-to-USB cable supplied with your iPhone. The AM425BT provides control over the Pandora music service and displays Artist, Album, and Song information. Your iPhone will need an active Data Plan account with connection to the Internet via 3G, EDGE, LTE (4G), or WiFi. You will also need a Pandora music service account.
- Station List: You can select Pandora stations from your Station List by date or alphabetically (A-Z).
- Skip Songs: You can skip song tracks within a station. You cannot skip back to a previous song. Pandora limits the number of skips allowed.
- Thumbs Up/Down: You can give songs a thumbs up or thumbs down to help Pandora personalize stations to suit your preferences.
Note: Access to the Pandora service will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone to connect to the Internet. Pandora is not supported in Canada and only available in the United States.
CD Compatibility: The Dual AM425BT head unit supports CD-Audio, CD-Text, CD-R, and CD-RW disc playback. The head unit supports playback of MP3/WMA music files recorded onto CD-R and CD-RW discs.
- Off Insert/Eject: A CD disc can be inserted or ejected with the power off. When a disc is inserted with the power off, the unit will automatically power up and begin playback.
- Auto-Reload: If a disc is ejected and not removed within 10 seconds, the unit will reload the disc.
USB Port: The Dual AM425BT is equipped with front-panel USB (type-A) which enables connection of a portable USB mass-storage class (MSC) device; such as a USB thumbdrive (up to 64GB). The head unit supports playback of MP3/WMA music files stored on a compatible USB mass storage device. The unit's USB port will also charge (max. 0.5A) a USB enabled electronic device, such as your smartphone.
Compatible Music Files: The AM425BT supports the following types of MP3/WMA music files recorded onto CD-R/RW disc or loaded onto a USB mass storage class device.
|Media Type||CD-R/RW||USB Storage Device|
|File System||ISO9660 Level 1/Level 2, Yellow Book Mode 1/2, Multi-Session||FAT 32|
|Playable File Types|| MP3:
bit rate of 32-320 kbps w/ sampling rate of 8-48 kHz |
WMA: bit rate of 32-192 kbps w/ sampling rate of 32-48 kHz
|Maximum # of Folders/Files||255 Folders/999 Files|
|Tags||ID3 tags (ver. 1.0-2.4), WMA tags|
Playback Features: The AM425BT offers playback features such as Repeat, Random and Intro scan.
- Repeat: You can repeat a single track, a specific folder, or an entire disc.
- Random: You can shuffle the playback order of all your songs or only the songs in a specific folder.
- Intro Scan: You can scan the first 10 seconds of each track or the first 10 seconds of each track in a folder.
File/Folder Search: This search function allows navigation through compressed music files' folders to find a specific file or for playback.
MOSFET Amplifier: The Dual marine receiver is equipped with a MOSFET amplifier. Compared to conventional power supplies, the MOSFET amplification circuit is smaller and more efficient, and it delivers increased power with less distortion and absolutely zero on/off switching noise. More power means louder and cleaner music at higher volumes because you're not pushing the limits of the amplification circuit. The power output specs for the head unit are as follows:
- CEA2006 Specs: 18 watts RMS x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 20Hz-20kHz, 1% THD-N)
- Maximum Power Output: 60 watts x 4 channels (240 watts total)
Note: The power specifications for this head unit are compliant with the CEA2006 Mobile Amplifier Power Testing and Measurement standards from the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA). These standards were developed as a way to equitably compare power specs from model to model and between manufacturers.
2V/2Ch Pre-outs: The Dual AM425BT is outfitted with 2-volt/2-channel pre-outs for connecting an external amplifier. These stereo pre-outs fade with the rear speaker channels. The unit does not offer a low-pass crossover or sub control.
Equalizer: The Dual CD receiver features the following preset EQ curves (Flat, Pop, Jazz, Classic, Beat, Rock, or User) to customize your music listening. The User mode allows you to manually adjust the receiver's Bass & Treble settings.
Loudness: The Loudness function enhances the bass & treble frequencies at low volumes. This feature can be turned on or off.
Source Volume Level: The Source Volume Level control allows a gain adjustment for each audio source (Tuner, Aux, USB, iPod). You can set the source volume level (+/-3dB) for each mode, depending on the relative volume of each audio source.
Programmable Turn-On Volume: You can set the AM425BT to power-on to the same volume level (0-30) every time.
Marine Speakers: Included in this marine package is a pair of marine-rated speakers (item # DMP672). The speakers feature a two-way dual cone design with a 6.5" injection-molded polypropylene cone woofer with poly-coated surround and a 1" cone tweeter. The speakers offer a frequency response of 45-15kHz and can handle up to 20 watts (RMS) or 100 watts (peak).. The speakers are rated at 4-ohm with a sensitivity rating of 88dB (1W/1M). The marine speakers feature a white plastic frame and include white plastic grilles that are detachable. Dimensions are as follows -
- Mounting Height: 1.0625"
- Mounting Depth: 2.125"
- Frame Diameter: 7.125"
- Cut Out Diameter: 5.125"
- Bolt Pattern: 4 screw holes that are 4.5" apart
Note: Two 12' lengths of speaker wire are included, along with stainless steel screws.
Key Beep: When this function is enabled, every button press will output a beep tone.
3 questions already asked